• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The PDP thing is tertiary to the actual problem.

The global alt right is a creation of nihilism. These people are deeply nihilistic, they don't care about human life, they don't care about the sanctity of human existence. Everything the do isn't because of some deeply held racist beliefs, it's "for the lelz" because everything is a joke. Taking things seriously is a joke. Living is a joke. Doing something like this is a profound statement for their warped and perverse form of meaning that they derive from our hyper-reality. Because they spend all day online, being radicalized because that's the only avenue for "meaning" that they can actually find.

This is an issue that runs deeper than a youtuber and a few bad actors. This is an issue with how we treat the interconnectivity we now have and how social media actually isolates and insulates us more than anything else. How it allows people like these monsters to burrow in and bury themselves into this facade of meaningful engagement when it's all just them being manipulated by the most nihilistic sociopath's possible. People who literally just want the world to burn around them because they don't care about others, including their own thralls or their white nationalist ethnostate dreams, beyond how they can be used to give them a flash of importance before they themselves die meaningless deaths.

We are fucking live streaming mass murder not as a "look at this awful thing happening" but because it's a perverse form of engagement and entertainment. Because it's a window into madness without having to step there ourselves.

God this is so fucking depressing.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Nah, fuck pdp. Dude has literally endorsed nazis and done anti Semitic/racist stuff while pretending to be ignorant of his actions. Only reason his channel never gets punished is because he makes money. And to silicon valley money trumps everything. Social media needs some form of regulation because it's clear they won't do it themselves.
Yep. This fucking murderer wouldn't be shouting PDP out if he didn't have an effect on their white nationalist mentality. That winking to and participating in a toxic culture of ironic/edgy racism is what eventually leads to this.

Except it isn't just lulz at Nazi bullshit. It's dozens of people ruthlessly and coldly murdered for no fucking reason

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Is this guy native to NZ? A visitor?

I don't want to know his name. Fuck this shit. We need to figure out a way to

The global alt right is a creation of nihilism. These people are deeply nihilistic, they don't care about human life, they don't care about the sanctity of human existence. Everything the do isn't because of some deeply held racist beliefs, it's "for the lelz" because everything is a joke. Taking things seriously is a joke. Living is a joke. Doing something like this is a profound statement for their warped and perverse form of meaning that they derive from our hyper-reality. Because they spend all day online, being radicalized because that's the only avenue for "meaning" that they can actually find.

This is an issue that runs deeper than a youtuber and a few bad actors. This is an issue with how we treat the interconnectivity we now have and how social media actually isolates and insulates us more than anything else. How it allows people like these monsters to burrow in and bury themselves into this facade of meaningful engagement when it's all just them being manipulated by the most nihilistic sociopath's possible. People who literally just want the world to burn around them because they don't care about others, including their own thralls or their white nationalist ethnostate dreams, beyond how they can be used to give them a flash of importance before they themselves die meaningless deaths.

I have a lot of cynicism in me, but I still care for living things, even humans.

These people aren't just alt-right nihilists, they're psychopaths.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is fucking horrible.Thoughts and prays with NZ Muslim community.
I hope he is captured, death is too good for this scum. 8Chan, PDP, black list it all.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I believe this is worth posting.

owsdaEj.jpg

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I'm A Kiwi Muslim who grew up Dunedin and Hamilton. This is making me tear up. NZ is probably the most tolerant country for multi faiths and a beacon of how successful multi culturalism to the world.

But maybe I'm naive and hate is actually constantly simmering underneath our beloved Aotearoa

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
The news stream just reported that video is circulating allegedly showing a gunman being arrested.

Edit: Absolutely adhere to the graphic a few posts above this one.

Jan 16, 2018
Hope's Peak Academy
This is honestly an important thing. There's a reason that one shooter posted on /r9k/ a board about Robots/NEETs/the sterotypical 4channer. Positive thoughts is not welcome on the site, and I'll admit I've been affected by it's nihilism too. I haven't shaken it off yet but I fear it has taken a greater root in me then I hoped...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

New Zealand Police

@nzpolice

1/5 Police is responding to a very serious and tragic incident involving an active shooter in central Christchurch. One person is in custody, however Police believe there may be other offenders.... This is an evolving incident and we are working to confirm the facts...

2/5 however we can confirm there have been a number of fatalities. Police is currently at a number of scenes. We understand that there will be many anxious people but I can assure New Zealanders that Police is doing all it can to resolve this incident.

3/5 We urge New Zealanders to stay vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour immediately to 111. We are mobilising resources nationally and support is being brought into the District. We are still working to resolve this incident and we continue to urge Christchurch...

4/5 ...residents to stay inside. We ask all mosques nationally to shut their doors, and advise that people refrain from visiting these premises until further notice.

5/5 There will be a media stand-up at 5pm today at the Royal Society Te Aparangi on Turnbull Street, Thorndon, Wellington.

11:09 PM - Mar 14, 2019

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

NZ Police said:
Police is responding to a very serious and tragic incident involving an active shooter in central Christchurch. One person is in custody, however Police believe there may be other offenders.... This is an evolving incident and we are working to confirm the facts...

however we can confirm there have been a number of fatalities. Police is currently at a number of scenes. We understand that there will be many anxious people but I can assure New Zealanders that Police is doing all it can to resolve this incident.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
It's too difficult to find the words.

My only advice is do not watch the video and do not share them. or those on Twitter, I recommend turning off autoplay if you haven't already.

What is wrong with you people. Why seek it out?

For what it's worth, social media has unfortunately made it ridiculously easy for people to stumble across footage (especially when being spread en masse) through no fault of their own.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
When is this insanity going to stop?

I hope law enforcement starts to actually pay attention to these hate sites now.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, and he live-streamed it? I've never been to 8chan and I don't plan on changing that, but how can that site survive being taken down after this?
8chan users are saying their goodbyes, this is probably the end of the site

God, the video is just horrible! I'm speechless...

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm A Kiwi Muslim who grew up Dunedin and Hamilton. This is making me tear up. NZ is probably the most tolerant country for multi faiths and a beacon of how successful multi culturalism to the world.

But maybe I'm naive and hate is actually constantly simmering underneath our beloved Aotearoa
These people have no place in any society.

Oct 25, 2017
Like seriously what the fuck is the point in the literal trillions the western world spends on the surveillance state if it can't even fucking do what it's benefactors claim it EXISTS to do? All this shit exists for is to keep the system running, not to stop monsters like this. Why do we have it then? Why is our society so FUCKING broken.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. How the fuck can a site like that where you can put up stuff like this exist?

Shit, places like storm front are still going despite literally being there for neo-nazis.

As always if you're white you get protected by free speech and more.

If you're brown then you end up being arrested and kicked out of uni for looking at stuff publicly available on us government websites when researching your thesis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottingham_Two

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

We are fucking live streaming mass murder not as a "look at this awful thing happening" but because it's a perverse form of engagement and entertainment. Because it's a window into madness without having to step there ourselves.

100% truth.

I know exactly what you mean and it is depressing. I used to think this stuff would blow over fuck I had a nihilistic side when I was younger but I never wanted the world to burn and people to suffer.

I dont have a good or happy life but I still have empathy and love for others. I can not understand not caring about anything.

I have no idea what can be done about it other than it letting these things exist in the way they do.

It's too rampant it's not a joke and its causing real terrorism.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
There's so much I want to say about this weak pathetic piece of shit but I'm too angry to put it into words. Accidentally caught a glimpse of one of a clip on Twitter and the fucker shot a child in the back point blank. I feel sick.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
This has to be the turning point where online hate groups, white supremacists, incels, and the like are treated as terrorists by governments, law enforcement, and intelligence agencies. It fucking has to be. There's no more pretending these are isolated cases.

Mate, we've had terrorists in the US that literally say they are white supremacists and mainstream media still went out of their way to ask if 'white nationalism' was the cause for X shooting.

They will continue to use the 'Lone Wolf, Good boy' defense so long as they are only blasting PoC, and aren't wearing hoods and MAGA hats. Don't get your fucking hopes up.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

Nailed it. Privileged useless psychopathic assholes all of them