Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Captain liam shaw of the USS Titan, who doesn't put up with none of Enterprise bullshit. And he says what everyone is thinking. He is also a tragic broken man. Warning, don't watch this clip unless you want to tear up
youtu.be

The Battle of Wolf 359 - Captain Liam Shaw - Star Trek Picard

This is the first scene in 25 years that has made me cry. The previous one was from Voyager's episode with the future Borg drone, with Seven saying "Please....

toddstashwick-captainshaw.gif

d9a7b822e8c18bb9eaad4334b71df31a9f9ab675.gif

4e7db467668b9f86c9ea4916cca0edb20a6a398f.gif

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man...I know this actor and I always hate his characters He was in The Riches and I couldn't stand him. That's the character he plays though-not the actor.

smarties00

Oct 27, 2017
Been hearing great things about S3. Can I just jump in? Or do I need to watch S1&2 to understand? I've watched pretty much all of enterprise

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've only watched the first episode. I always have trouble with streaming shows. I can only watch them on my computer, but when I'm at the computer, there's other stuff to do.

Been hearing great things about S3. Can I just jump in? Or do I need to watch S1&2 to understand? I've watched pretty much all of enterprise

All you really need to know is
Picard died at the end of season one and was replaced with a Picardbot that was given copies of his memories.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was good. I am going to have to watch this now.

But can I really skip season 2? I'm a completionist! is it REALLY that bad?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
He's had the best lines, but they really stepped it up on today's episode.

"I'm gonna step outside so you three can bet your bullshit story straight"
"Someone hot-dropped the saucer section of the Enterprise-D on a planet!"

Just him humming happily as they're in the tubolift.

He's the best Starfleet Captain since Sisko.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Riker: "You know we saved the galaxy, more than a few times?"
Picard: "And hopefully Starfleet will remember."
Shaw: "Or they might remember that time someone hot dropped the saucer section of the Enterprise D on a planet. Or that time someene threw the prime directive out the window so that someone could snog a villager on Baku. OR that time you boys nearly wiped out all of humanity by causing a time paradox in the Devron system. Basically when it comes to rescues from danger you two have a real chicken and egg thing going on."

Does Shaw have an Era account?

Even RLM seems to be loving it

They're trying to pretend to be disinterested but Mike is scouring IMDB profiles for character & story hints and tweeting at the showrunners lol.
So yeah biggest Trek turnaround of the decade if the season ends the way it's going.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
That last episode blew me away. It was everything good from TNG combined with modern effects and storytelling. A++++++

It's become the TNG show I didn't know I wanted.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
He's had the best lines, but they really stepped it up on today's episode.

"I'm gonna step outside so you three can bet your bullshit story straight"
"Someone hot-dropped the saucer section of the Enterprise-D on a planet!"

Just him humming happily as they're in the tubolift.

He's the best Starfleet Captain since Sisko.
Didn't early Sisko not fuck with picard as well?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
OR that time you boys nearly wiped out all of humanity by causing a time paradox in the Devron system.

Best part was the little pause before he said "in the deveron system" because the first part could have described multiple instances.

Didn't early Sisko not fuck with picard as well?

Sisko told Picard off in the very first DS9 episode. He didn't wait for it to fester like Shaw did. That's because when the Borg ruined his life, Sisko did some very productive therapy...

...designing a warship to kill Borg.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought about it, but yeah reading Enterprise mission reports got to be horror novels for sane people

mentalmash

Jun 25, 2019
Damn that was good. I am going to have to watch this now.

But can I really skip season 2? I'm a completionist! is it REALLY that bad?

Season 2 is so poor you can watch the first 2 episodes and then skip to the last one and not miss any relevant story beat.

I've only seen the first episode so this is an early take on the character..

I found it a little unbelievable that the captain of the Titan didn't greet the senior captain and retired admiral, when they arrived. Not only that he was openly hostile and an asshole when he finally speaks to them. I don't think he would be so open about his distain towards Picard/Riker. It seemed so hamfisted. If he had issues with them it should have come out slowly.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Deveron system was the Mark Twain space vampires thing?

Pretty sure it's where the temporal anomaly was forming in All Good Things.

Season 2 is so poor you can watch the first 2 episodes and then skip to the last one and not miss any relevant story beat.

I've only seen the first episode so this is an early take on the character..

I found it a little unbelievable that the captain of the Titan didn't greet the senior captain and retired admiral, when they arrived. Not only that he was openly hostile and an asshole when he finally speaks to them. I don't think he would be so open about his distain towards Picard/Riker. It seemed so hamfisted. If he had issues with them it should have come out slowly.

His bullshit detector caught wiff of them immediately and he wasn't going to let them con him.

anamika

May 18, 2018
I heard this season was by the 12 Monkeys showrunner, so not surprising it's good considering 12 Monkeys is one of the best time travel shows out there. Todd Stashwick was in that show playing a similar favorite. Heard that Aaron Stanford made an appearance as well and there were other 12 Monkeys easter eggs in an episode. This show is on my next to watch list.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I've heard this season is good. Wife and I slogged through S2 (as a dinner show) in the hopes S3 lives up to the hype. S1 & 2 sure we're terrible, though.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Much like TNG, you can more or less skip all of season 1 and 2. You might wanna watch like the last two episodes of season 1 to see what happened with Data, but otherwise the show might as well have started at season 3.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Much like TNG, you can more or less skip all of season 1 and 2. You might wanna watch like the last two episodes of season 1 to see what happened with Data, but otherwise the show might as well have started at season 3.
If it had, we probably be getting more of it

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I have not seen a Star Trek series since VOY ended. Thus, no ENT or Discovery.

I am definitely interested in Picard -- I love Hugh, Seven, and apparently all of the TNG guys are back? -- and even something like Lower Decks looks interesting.

Is Picard self-contained, or do I need to see something else beforehand?

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
I've only watched the first episode. I always have trouble with streaming shows. I can only watch them on my computer, but when I'm at the computer, there's other stuff to do.

All you really need to know is
Picard died at the end of season one and was replaced with a Picardbot that was given copies of his memories.

Do we even need to k iw this? Because in thr last episode review I saw thry were still joking about how uts been forgotten considering the impact it should have.

Oct 31, 2017
Since Odo… hahaha. That fucking fascist co-conspirator ass cop smh

This is straight disrespectful to the Emergency Medical Hologram, Seven of Nine & Saru

Shaw's just an asshole. He's cool, I like him but I don't get the hype.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't really feeling this season or the first 2 seasons of Picard. This weeks episode was insanely good though, I've completely changed my opinion on this show

Also OP you are 100% right hes the best character. He was also one of the writers on Forspoken, thought that was pretty amusing.