• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should be the next event?

• Tokyo

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • Paris

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • London

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You won't be able to tell if they purchased Ice Mario as he's also available in the pipe.
The chances of actually getting Ice Mario in the pipe are extremely minuscule. Assuming a full pipe, it is a 1% chance to get the spot he is potentially in and then you divide that by 6 to get the actual chance he's in the pipe, so that is 0.16667%.

It's far likelier that someone just paid directly for him.

Incidentally, I do have one of those kinds of players in my ranking. Has all the spotlight items and Ice Mario and is 15k+ above 2nd. Not fun.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Meh, I will try to fight for a place above 8th only to not loose a tier. The next cup is less pay to win, I already have a Frenzy character in all the circuits.

Honestly I'm loosing a lot of interest in this game which is good cause I could spend more time in my Switch backlog.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My level of interest in this game is dropping a lot now. Ranked cups were one of my favorite parts of the game early on but it's been getting so much worse by increasing P2W and really terrible player matching once you hit rank 30. I've pretty much lost incentive to get to rank 40 now since it feels impossible without a huge amount of grinding.

My gold pass runs through early February, which will at least get me through most of the next tour. I'll cancel it if the next one doesn't renew my interest in the game.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I've just decided to not bother with this weeks ranked cup. Need to grind to 32.3k if I don't want to lose rank, and I just can't be bothered without frenzy characters.

At least if I drop rank I'll only be in tier 29 next week.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's crazy how we can go from decent-ish tours like the New Years one to this.

I know it's a F2P game at its core and they're going to try to grub as much as they can, but this ranked cup is really offensive.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in 3rd with #1 & #2 both only 2,000 points ahead of me, but there's not much else I can do here. The crazy nature of the frenzy characters this week is kind of nuts. I did a ton of pulls during the last tour (with the improved odds), so my overall equipment status is good, but there's no way I can catch up against against accounts with both Frenzy characters for this tour.

Oh well. Based on this thread it looks like my luck is better than most this week. I'll take 3rd and move onward.

ffdgh

Oct 25, 2017
The Mushroom Kingdom
Sitting at 7th in my group but I can get 4000 or more points than first currently has. Got 11.6k on Vanilla Lake with PGP and 12.1k with King Boo. Just waiting now before I make my Cheep Cheep Lagoon run for first on the last hour or two.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, fell down to 7th place. Hopefully I don't rank down this week. Interest in the game dropping with ranked cups becoming unbearably P2W.

Decided to unsub from the Gold Pass. Should run out near the end of the next tour, so at least I can claim all the rewards next time.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, another tier dropped. I'm down to 24 now. No rubies, so no forward momentum there either.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I've been dropping tiers like a stone this past month. I could've maybe grinded out staying in the same one this time around but I was 5k behind so I figured another drop and maybe there'll be fewer people who've spent money on the game to compete against

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I did 3 ten pulls this morning and I ended up with both Wintertime Peach and Penguin Luigi!

I guess I can't complain about getting them, but it certainly would have been nice to have one of them yesterday as I won't end up using either in the ranking this week. Oh well, they will probably come in handy eventually.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I got super lucky with the gacha today, did 3 ten pulls and got Luigi, Black Shy Guy, Red Yoshi, Bumble V, Turbo Birdo, and Ice Mario, none of which I had already.

Oh also fuck these ranked cups.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, I played some last night after the new cup started and I was in 3rd with ~31k. Then I opened it today and it still said 3rd on the cup selection screen, but you know how sometimes it doesn't refresh until you actually look at the standings... so I did, and suddenly I'm in 1st place! Same score. I guess the group got reshuffled or something? I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Weird, I played some last night after the new cup started and I was in 3rd with ~31k. Then I opened it today and it still said 3rd on the cup selection screen, but you know how sometimes it doesn't refresh until you actually look at the standings... so I did, and suddenly I'm in 1st place! Same score. I guess the group got reshuffled or something? I don't get it. 🤷‍♂️
Your new ranked group shows up as the players who will be in it log in. I believe the scores from the players in your previous cup show up until the ones in your new group open up the game again.

Good news is I placed 5th so I went up a tier. Bad news is I'm at tier 29 for the second time. Hopefully I can go up one tier again this week and finally hit 30 for a chance at earning rubies from the 2-5 challenge card 🤞

Also Iggy is my only D/K/G not at max exp points. It'll be a big milestone for me to be done with grinding exp on existing characters every day. Only new D/K/G's will need exp points after that and I hope to buy enough tickets from the shop where that won't be a thing either. That'll be a big burden off of my shoulders not grinding exp points every morning for this damn game. Stupid addictive mobile game and my OCD making me a completionist 😝

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Me when I tried out the new multiplayer beta test and saw that they didn't change anything:

giphy.gif

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
Question: What do you all spend your coins on once you've reached the end game? By that I mean once you have at least one of every item available in the shop?

My coin total just kept going up and I realized I didn't have a clear strategy for spending my coins. I eventually bought a Metal Mario to level mine up.

Should I wait for High-End items to appear? Should I pick a specific character or item and buy it whenever it appears to level that up? Thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
Question: What do you all spend your coins on once you've reached the end game? By that I mean once you have at least one of every item available in the shop?

My coin total just kept going up and I realized I didn't have a clear strategy for spending my coins. I eventually bought a Metal Mario to level mine up.

Should I wait for High-End items to appear? Should I pick a specific character or item and buy it whenever it appears to level that up? Thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm personally waiting for the last item that I don't have to appear, Badwagon. I'm at 18k coins and still waiting. If I get to 22k coins I'll start buying random stuff that I know I use to level up like Big Banana, Lucky 7, Coin Box and Boomerang drivers. A Metal Mario showed up when I was around 14k but I didn't want to buy that and possibly miss out on Badwagon if it popped up in the next day or so. That's why I'm trying to build up to 22k. Room to purchase a high-end driver and for Badwagon once it finally shows up.

I'm pretty sure that I passed on Special Circuit once way back when the shop was more generous and I didn't buy it because I already had Black Circuit and my other karts covered the courses where Special Circuit was favored. I bought most everything else as it came up but that one sticks in my head from before.

As soon as Badwagon shows up, I want to have the coins available and then it's just upgrades to my personally favored gear or gear that only needs a purchase or two to level up. That's my current mindset anyway.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

IMO your first goal should be to level something up to 6. I maxed out Metal Mario so now I can sometimes purchase level up tickets from the shop, which is extremely useful because the shop only has a limited pool of items whereas tickets can be used on anything you want. It seems like what you max out is irrelevant because I'm able to buy tickets of all rarities for both characters and karts/gliders.

Beyond that, you can buy whatever tickles your fancy. I like to save up for the level up tickets but will purchase normal commons/rare gear if they're already close to leveling up due to gacha dupes. The only thing I'd say not to waste coins on are points boost tickets, you get plenty from tours and EXP for your gear is easily obtained anyway. Same goes for star and quick tickets unless you're struggling to unlock the last few tour gifts/are impatient.

jadedpony

Jun 4, 2019
The only thing I'd say not to waste coins on are points boost tickets, you get plenty from tours and EXP for your gear is easily obtained anyway. Same goes for star and quick tickets unless you're struggling to unlock the last few tour gifts/are impatient.
Man I haven't seen a star or quick ticket in a long time.

I buy exp points boost tickets because I hate grinding everyday for those points. I have 31 points left on Iggy until all of my D/K/G's will be at their max. I can't wait! lol

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Man I haven't seen a star or quick ticket in a long time.

I buy exp points boost tickets because I hate grinding everyday for those points. I have 31 points left on Iggy until all of my D/K/G's will be at their max. I can't wait! lol

I may be a bit of a hoarder... I'm sitting on around 40 points tickets for each type of gear even though most of them still aren't maxed!

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have so many glider tickets now that all the ones I have are max points. lol

Also I finally got Dry Bowser to max level. In hindsight I should've invested in Metal Mario instead, but I made it to far with Dry Bowser to stop.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I'm personally waiting for the last item that I don't have to appear, Badwagon. I'm at 18k coins and still waiting. If I get to 22k coins I'll start buying random stuff that I know I use to level up like Big Banana, Lucky 7, Coin Box and Boomerang drivers. A Metal Mario showed up when I was around 14k but I didn't want to buy that and possibly miss out on Badwagon if it popped up in the next day or so. That's why I'm trying to build up to 22k. Room to purchase a high-end driver and for Badwagon once it finally shows up.

I'm pretty sure that I passed on Special Circuit once way back when the shop was more generous and I didn't buy it because I already had Black Circuit and my other karts covered the courses where Special Circuit was favored. I bought most everything else as it came up but that one sticks in my head from before.

As soon as Badwagon shows up, I want to have the coins available and then it's just upgrades to my personally favored gear or gear that only needs a purchase or two to level up. That's my current mindset anyway.
IMO your first goal should be to level something up to 6. I maxed out Metal Mario so now I can sometimes purchase level up tickets from the shop, which is extremely useful because the shop only has a limited pool of items whereas tickets can be used on anything you want. It seems like what you max out is irrelevant because I'm able to buy tickets of all rarities for both characters and karts/gliders.

Beyond that, you can buy whatever tickles your fancy. I like to save up for the level up tickets but will purchase normal commons/rare gear if they're already close to leveling up due to gacha dupes. The only thing I'd say not to waste coins on are points boost tickets, you get plenty from tours and EXP for your gear is easily obtained anyway. Same goes for star and quick tickets unless you're struggling to unlock the last few tour gifts/are impatient.
Thanks, very helpful advice. I'll narrow my focus and try to aim for level 6s. I already have Peachette at 5.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling that Nintendo views the babies as completely unique characters, since in their old MKT survey about which characters you would like alt costumes for they listed Baby Mario.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already on the list but my son needs a couple more friends to complete a challenge. If anyone is willing to add him, I'd appreciate it and I know he will be excited.

Gartooth
  • ResetERA Username: DeuceGamer (son does not have an era account of course)
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Macismom
  • Friend-Code: 271354204908

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm already on the list but my son needs a couple more friends to complete a challenge. If anyone is willing to add him, I'd appreciate it and I know he will be excited.

Gartooth
  • ResetERA Username: DeuceGamer (son does not have an era account of course)
  • Mario Kart Tour Username: Macismom
  • Friend-Code: 271354204908

Added to the list and friend request sent. :)

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
In dire need of friends for challenge completion. Code is: 319324332763

thanjs in advance for any adds

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of retiring the Google Doc for friend codes since activity on that end has really cooled down after launch. Given the low number of people seeking friends it may be simpler to just coordinate it here in the thread.

Does anyone here want the doc to stay?

In dire need of friends for challenge completion. Code is: 319324332763

thanjs in advance for any adds

Added :)

Last edited:

maxxatom

Nov 6, 2017
Kansas City
Mannnnn, I am struggling to even finish this tour. This game had such a sharp decline for me and I don't know why. I seriously think an actual new character or track would reinvigorate me, I have no hope that the game will really ever evolve or improve. I did the math for fun, and currently over 25% of the racers are either a Mario or Peach. Cool!

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I missed this tour almost completely. I'm only playing like the first 5 cups so i can do 10 pipe pulls.

Kinda wonder if I'll even return for the new tour tomorrow though.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in first with a very precarious lead of just over 300 points. My scored have been locked since last Friday and the opposition has been slowly catching up since.

All three of my scores are double-frenzies, so I'm essentially maxed-out for my equipment, but I have a bunch of tickets and I am extremely tempted to boost my equipment in order to raise my score by a few hundred more points and hopefully hold onto first.

Any thoughts about what I should do? Is it worth fighting hard to keep 1st? Or should I hold onto my tickets?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in first with a very precarious lead of just over 300 points. My scored have been locked since last Friday and the opposition has been slowly catching up since.

All three of my scores are double-frenzies, so I'm essentially maxed-out for my equipment, but I have a bunch of tickets and I am extremely tempted to boost my equipment in order to raise my score by a few hundred more points and hopefully hold onto first.

Any thoughts about what I should do? Is it worth fighting hard to keep 1st? Or should I hold onto my tickets?

If you're only in danger of losing one or two places then you might as well save your tickets. I prefer to use them when I'm languishing in a lower position.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
If you're only in danger of losing one or two places then you might as well save your tickets. I prefer to use them when I'm languishing in a lower position.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I've been trapped in the lower positions before and that's just miserable.

I think I'll hold onto my tickets unless multiple people pass me over the course of the day today.

Tom_Cody

Oct 28, 2017
I went back and did a few more runs on Kalimari Desert (my weakest score) and increased it by a hair, increasing my combined lead to 500.

The final day of ranked mode has become a stressful time for me after getting sniped more than once. Fingers crossed this holds. Those 35 rupees would be very nice. I haven't won a ranked mode in a while.
Hopefully not that pink yoshi in the background wasn't a hint
Oh god no