Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Just played for 3 hours and am enjoying it a bit more than I did when I booted it up on launch day. I am starting to agree with the side missions, some are just rubbish and seems like busy work. Why would Spiderman have "that" many backpacks all over town? They could of mixed that up a bit with other things to locate, not a ton of backpacks that have permanent spider webs.

The other odd thing is that in certain cut scenes where a NPC is talking with you or another person you control and they are going back and forth, the main character is disconnected physically from the NPC. What I mean is that the NPC is facing the main character and talking to him/her and your character is like looking in dead space not even looking at the NPC. Seems to be just disconnected from the world in certain scenes. Some of them are acted out perfectly with the main character and NPC looking like they are engaging in a conversation, looking at each other etc., but there are some that the main character is looking at a spot in space and just starring in the opposite direction of the NPC that happens to be looking at you and seemingly engaged in conversation. Just something odd that stood out.

Really enjoying the game overall though. They really nailed the swinging and the fighting is getting better or should I say I am getting better at it. Can't wait till I have some more free time to swing back into it!

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
f81MarvelsSpiderMan2018.jpg

giphy.gif

Just leave those Drone Challenges far behind.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Why is Miles crouch walking down the street? Man the cutscene before this was charming as hell and it's followed up by what I think is a glitch?

Edit - 'tis another stealth section

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This game should have a VR mode.

They would have to cut back a lot of the visuals in order to make it even remotely playable in VR. City would no where be near as populated or look no where near as good. It would be amazing though to experience it in VR though. Perhaps with the next PS and PSVR 2.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I've never been a big fan of comic books or superhero movies or TV shows. Do you think I might still like this game?

Spider-Man is a very accessible and relatable character so on that regard you should be good.

Gameplay wise it's all about how it controls since consensus leans towards somewhat meaningless side activities (though some are fun) that however don't feel like a chore due to great traversal/combat mechanics.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, yup. The Noir suit looks so damn cool. Makes me feel like Spidey set in WW2 for some reason, not sure why. But, the suit selection is top notch. I bet your HDD is gonna get real full from this game lol. I've got too many clips saved rn. :(

The noir suit comes from the Marvel Noir Universe, an alternate version of the Marvel universe set in the 1930s. It's visually inspired by film noir and pulp magazines of the period.

FIBYXdd.jpg

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to disable the cinematic camera for finishers? For some reason, the game doesn't switch to that camera

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
So does anyone know of the theme when swinging around the city comesback? I'm quite a bit in and there is a different song playing when I zip through NYC. I really dont like it.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The colors on the Homecoming suit really pop during the daytime. Might be one of the best looking suits in the game.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else's pro sound like a microwave when cutscenes play? Mine has never really been that noticeable until this game.

Haha yeah mine does. Its crazy but i rrad all ppsts about people pros being loud and have always dismissed them as mine has never been that loud. But i deadset play on my home theater and i can hear it over it and always makes me think it's raining or something.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
Overall I've enjoyed the game so far, but now when I'm on the third act things are starting to feel like a chore, especially with the crimes and bases. Good thing those are optional. By the time I finish the game I figure I will be sick and tired of it.

There's another thing I really dislike too, when you're not playing as Spider-Man and do this shitty stealth sections, where you sneak among a horde of armed men. Hate those parts, even though they are short and easy.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Why would Oscorp let that thingie that activates Devil's Breath out in Grand Central with no protection considering everything that's going on, lol

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Is Spider-Man the reason why we're not getting inFamous 4?

I'm okay with that, but I do hope the franchise isn't abandoned completely.

Let's get Naughty Dog on record on what Marvel license they'd love to work with. I bet Marvel would love to work with the best development team out there.
Infamous 3 is the reason we are not getting Infamous 4.

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking drone challanges can die. I LOVE the combat ones though. Fucking ace those. But the drone ones are just downright boring

Noobiwan

Dec 17, 2017
So I just played this for 3 hours straight and I am wondering if it's just me or is the story pacing really, like REALLY bad in this game? I haven't read any reviews or anything at all about this game, i kinda just picked it up because I really like Spiderman and was in the mood for a fun open world game, but the story really is a huge problem in my eyes. It seems like stuff is happening really randomly, like there's no real connection between events. The game mostly consist of 'hey Spiderman, around there is stuff happening, go there' and 'hey, get to that other place, do something there which is completely disconnected from the stuff you did before'. Does it get better? The fact that there's no real introduction to anything is also quite puzzling, if I wouldn't know any better, I could bet that this game is a sequel.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone had the game freeze on them? I did causing me to reboot the game.

Also I just did the first Mary-Jane gameplay and honestly speaking, I feel that both her and Peter's game play could have easily been taken out of the game and been straight up cut scene.

Playing as Spider-Man is far more fun than doing a slow walking mission.

P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
The game is ok, but the voice acting by Brian Cranston is unusually weak. Took me out of it. 7/10

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Haven't reached those challenges people are talking about yet, but I'm definitely improving my combat and my muscle memory is starting to remember this is a Spider-Man game and not an Arkham game, which was the problem I had earlier today when I first started playing, my brain kept going to Arkham inputs to dodge, takedown and more lol. Game is a lot of fun!

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat it. Loved it. Fucking great story with some cool changes to the characters. Dat boss fight was epic af. Def my current GOTY. Had such a good time. Only missing a few trophies for Platinum.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Act 1 conclusion. Did anyone else find it strange how Spider-Man
somehow knew Mr. Li was in charge of the Demons? Yes, we (the audience) are made aware but how the hell did he figure it out?

The game is ok, but the voice acting by Brian Cranston is unusually weak. Took me out of it. 7/10

Is this a joke?

Also I just did the first Mary-Jane gameplay and honestly speaking, I feel that both her and Peter's game play could have easily been taken out of the game and been straight up cut scene.

I get hit by a train and my game crashed...

Aeson

Jan 4, 2018
I just discovered you can stick trip mines directly on to enemies and it will latch on to anyone that get in its path webbing them both together. Fucking excellent.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just leave those Drone Challenges far behind.

They're not too bad once you already know the route and layout. At that point you can sort of pre-empt where you need to be rather that specifically following the drone. Finished that one a few tries later with 48k.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just discovered you can shoot trip mines at enemies and it will latch on to anyone that get in its path webbing them both together. Fucking excellent.

Damn, never even realised! I love trip mines though. I'll launch several during the stealth challenges and continue before they've even hit their targets. So satisfying when you hear people getting caught by them whilst you're stealth taking down other enemies simultaneously.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing for about an hour but I have the hardest time with combat. I feel like I'm doing something wrong or inefficiently.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
So I just played this for 3 hours straight and I am wondering if it's just me or is the story pacing really, like REALLY bad in this game? I haven't read any reviews or anything at all about this game, i kinda just picked it up because I really like Spiderman and was in the mood for a fun open world game, but the story really is a huge problem in my eyes. It seems like stuff is happening really randomly, like there's no real connection between events. The game mostly consist of 'hey Spiderman, around there is stuff happening, go there' and 'hey, get to that other place, do something there which is completely disconnected from the stuff you did before'. Does it get better? The fact that there's no real introduction to anything is also quite puzzling, if I wouldn't know any better, I could bet that this game is a sequel.

A LOT of the early missions are Peter Parker walking around and talking to people. This is sort of masked by the player naturally wanting to explore the world, grab collectibles, unlock towers, etc at the start of the game. If you just beeline the main missions there's a lot of non-Spiderman exposition dump missions in close proximity.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The game was fine for me doing the main story path, although I've had it crash twice doing side missions in the post game.

Get ready for a lot more of those missions, right to the end.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the walking missions and stealth. One added story and context to the world and the other was very forgiving and added other narrative elements. They were nice breaks and relatively short. Never went on too long for them to even bother me. If every mission was just combat, that would've bored me.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing for about an hour but I have the hardest time with combat. I feel like I'm doing something wrong or inefficiently.

It's gets better once you get the hang of it and unlock new skills and gadget.

Get ready for a lot more of those missions, right to the end.

Urgh, I really hope that they aren't in the next Spider-Man game. It just feels like that Insomniac Game are trying to artificially pad out the game play lengths.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm kinda hating how after every story mission or so, the game gives you more collectable/side crap to do! Gives me a headache.

Honestly the side stuff in the game is generally painless, just wish the rewards are more meaningful, like I don't really need all the spiderman suits, and the upgrades aren't expensive if I do the occasional stuff.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say the cell shaded spider suit is the most beautiful cell shaded I've seen, Remind me a bit of Okami.