Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Spidey movies all reviewed well and made bank, with the latest one nearly making 2 billi

Some hardcore fans feeling some type of way about how Spider-Man was portrayed in the same MCU is a far cry from it being an actual critical/box office disaster. You can't say they didn't treat the character well either lol

Likewise the MCU just needs to focus on making a F4 movie that people generally agree is actually good, that will be the first step
No yeah I'm with you, I really like the direction they took the character and Holland is my favorite Spidey. But there's definitely folks out there that doesn't feel the same, just somewhat worried I'll be one of those weirdos when it comes to the new F4 movie 😂.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Take shot every time a Marvel movie is "the last I will see after Endgame" in this forum lol.

Can't wait, I didn't really like Guardians 2 but this will probably be a great sendoff

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I gotta go to a convention one of these days. Waiting in line probably sucks but definitely worth it. I would've asked him when's the next time we'll see Namor.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Calling it now: the "real" Fury has been in space since the 90's and the one on Earth was a skrull following orders from him.
It's basically the plot from MGSV, I know.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Olivia Colman's character, according to closed captions in the trailer, is
Sonya Falsworth

Is she connected to
marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com

James Montgomery Falsworth

James Montgomery "Monty" Falsworth was an officer of the 3rd Independent Parachute Brigade during World War II. He would later join the elite special unit of Allied soldiers, the Howling Commandos and assist Captain America battle HYDRA. James Montgomery Falsworth was born in Birmingham...
?

Pretty cool nod if so. Really feel like this show will bring that feeling back I've missed since Agents of SHIELD. Only show that came close for me was Hawkeye.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Olivia Colman's character, according to closed captions in the trailer, is
Sonya Falsworth

Is she connected to
marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com

James Montgomery Falsworth

James Montgomery "Monty" Falsworth was an officer of the 3rd Independent Parachute Brigade during World War II. He would later join the elite special unit of Allied soldiers, the Howling Commandos and assist Captain America battle HYDRA. James Montgomery Falsworth was born in Birmingham...
?

Pretty cool nod if so. Really feel like this show will bring that feeling back I've missed since Agents of SHIELD. Only show that came close for me was Hawkeye.
Wouldn't be the first time a descendent of the Howling Commandos popped up in the MCU.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
20230403_104732.jpg

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
coveredgeekly.com

MCU Series ‘Wonder Man’ Begins Filming, Gets Cinematographer (Disney+)

Marvel Studios' 'Wonder Man' has begun filming, see details inside:

www.instagram.com

Destin Yori Daniel Cretton on Instagram: "I love holding cards for @brettsbo."

2,533 likes, 33 comments - destindanielApril 2, 2023 on : "I love holding cards for @brettsbo."

Supposedly Wonder Man has begun filming.
Wild how quickly this has been moving along considering it hasn't been officially announced yet.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Watching both Spiderverse and GOTG trailers side by side... I realise Im weirdly not hyped for Guardians. I dont know why either, I love the cast and all that but... the trailers have done nothing for me. Well here's hoping I enjoy it anyway, but maybe Quantumania and the current slate of Marvel movies has dulled my hype a bit...Cant say Secret Invasion's trailer did much of anything for me either.

Spidey though... looks absolutely amazing. I couldnt be more hyped for that.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Watching both Spiderverse and GOTG trailers side by side... I realise Im weirdly not hyped for Guardians. I dont know why either, I love the cast and all that but... the trailers have done nothing for me. Well here's hoping I enjoy it anyway, but maybe Quantumania and the current slate of Marvel movies has dulled my hype a bit...Cant say Secret Invasion's trailer did much of anything for me either.

Spidey though... looks absolutely amazing. I couldnt be more hyped for that.
For me, it's more that I already know Guardians is gonna be good based on Gunn's consistent track record with comic book movies. The man has yet to miss.

But yeah, I'm hella hyped for ATSV.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, that's for sure. Not really having looked at spoilers, I cant really figure out much from what's been shown (except how Nebula's probably steeling the show for me...)
Like I said, Nintendo is taking a similar approach with Zelda. We all know it's going to be good, so they don't have to show too much. But like with TotK, I'm not sure that approach lends itself well to marketing.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, Nintendo is taking a similar approach with Zelda. We all know it's going to be good, so they don't have to show too much. But like with TotK, I'm not sure that approach lends itself well to marketing.
Well... Im not exactly saying "we know its gonna be good". It could... not be good? Nintendo's a more known quantity with me, movies less so, the fact I aint feeling the trailers dont make me think it'll be good regardless, especially as in retrospect I really dont like the way Gunn and co. wrote some of the Guardians characters in past movies. So... I hope for the best but am not going to blindly assuming it'll be great just because. I might dislike it, who knows.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I think this might explain why you're less hyped for Guardians 3 than Spider-Verse at the moment, haha. And that's totally fine.
Perhaps. Well that and for reasons I cant figure out exactly, I dont like Groots new look. This one isnt new for me though, Ive been grumbling about it since Thor and the Guardians Xmas special. Cant put my finger on why though...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
wkj1nd7w0tra1.png

So I'm guessing Quantumania will be on D+ in mid-April as well?

No. Iger implied there's going to be a PVOD window. And they would have announced a date in advance to promote the film coming a few weeks beforehand.

It's also not on the D+ server, although Disney may have grown wise to uploading before they announce a date.