shoal

Dec 27, 2020
Loki was the last Marvel thing I watched. What do I need to watch to get caught up for Guardians Vol. 3?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some projects will inevitably do better than others. Now if Guardians 3 underperforms, then they should get worried.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Well, let's hope Guardians 3 has an opening weekend at least on par with Vol. 2 then, because it'll really get worse otherwise... (and somewhat justifiably so...)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The MarvelDOOOOM narrative is getting exhausting

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmZaszeecyg

(Spidey is the MCU. The City is the Internet)

Is there any info on when Quantumania comes to D+?

It's not this week, and it's not on the recently released May 2023 D+ schedule.

Also I'm like 99% sure someone at Disney saw me posting threads saying when Wakanda Forever and Avatar: The Way of Water were uploaded to Disney+'s internal servers in preparation for release (they convert the trailer pages into official pages for the films. No hacking FYI) . In response, they still haven't uploaded Quantumania to the server, and The Marvels is the first Disney film in the past few years to not get a trailer page.

Disney is doing everything in their power to prevent me from accurately guessing when the film is going to D+ while the PVOD is coming this week and physical next month. So it's whenever they're ready.

Best guess is June/July. But I'm not 100% sure. Could be any time. The playbook for how we expected D+ releases is out the window now.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey Mobius, that doesn't look like the Kang I know"

"That's right Loki, the multiverse is vast and grand, not all Kangs look the same"

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I assume nothing in Ant Man (including post credits) will matter for GotG 3?

Seeing as I'll likely be watching it after.

As long as it comes to D+ before Loki S2 I assume we'll be good.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I've not been feeling Guardians 3 from any media released at all, but those two clips above have done it for me. Although I really very much dislike those ugly blue comic accurate costumes. I also don't like that Earth-looking planet. And I'm not especially interested or curious about Rocket's origin. I did just book tickets today, so I'm ready for the movie to come out. I'm slightly optimistic but it'll take a feat to be better than Guardians 2.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That Mantis/Drax clip reminds me why I enjoyed the Xmas special so much. Plus Nebula continues to be my favourite character from what's been shown so far.
I still have next to no idea about the plot though, which might pay off in the long run, considering I spoiled myself on the last couple of movies.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
That Mantis/Drax clip reminds me why I enjoyed the Xmas special so much. Plus Nebula continues to be my favourite character from what's been shown so far.
I still have next to no idea about the plot though, which might pay off in the long run, considering I spoiled myself on the last couple of movies.
It's probably going to focus on identity and destiny. Is Gamora still essentially the same Gamora as before? Do Rocket and Cosmo being altered versions of non-sapient animals make them any less "human?" How much can we change what we were made to be?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've not been feeling Guardians 3 from any media released at all, but those two clips above have done it for me. Although I really very much dislike those ugly blue comic accurate costumes. I also don't like that Earth-looking planet. And I'm not especially interested or curious about Rocket's origin. I did just book tickets today, so I'm ready for the movie to come out. I'm slightly optimistic but it'll take a feat to be better than Guardians 2.
I was already sold on the movie on account of James Gunn's track record, so I haven't been really watching any of the clips.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I was already sold on the movie on account of James Gunn's track record, so I haven't been really watching any of the clips.
I should be too, but I just don't see it from the material we've gotten. GotG1&2 are my absolute favorite MCU movies so I'm sure he'll deliver with the third one. And those two clips did revive some of my excitement for it.

I hope Adam Warlock have a semi-meaty role in it. And that the OG Guardians team gets to do some action this time around.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I should be too, but I just don't see it from the material we've gotten. GotG1&2 are my absolute favorite MCU movies so I'm sure he'll deliver with the third one. And those two clips did revive some of my excitement for it.

I hope Adam Warlock have a semi-meaty role in it. And that the OG Guardians team gets to do some action this time around.
I basically mirror your thoughts. My hype for the movie has been somewhat muted but Im sure I'll enjoy it.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
I am almost sure he will nail the 3rd one and deliver a really satisfying conclusion. That being said, I also felt really confident about Wakanda Forever, and found that disappointing.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice she's getting Harley Quinn'd

Jimmy Olsen is the original "made the jump from the old radio show to the comics" character. (They retroactively consider an unnamed office boy was actually Jimmy.)

540322470.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm super interested to see what other obscure Marvel witches they decided to make part of the coven, could be a fun reinvention of a corner of the Marvel universe that is not really explored very much in the comics at all.
I mean last time a big random mystic comic stuff happened was Hyperion running into eldritch threats in America's heartland as a trucker wasn't it(revealing why most heroes stick to the big cities on the cost)
I hope they bring back the X-Force guys again only to immediately kill them off again.
Have a new version show up everytime they jump time streams. That and Wolverine changing costumes every cut to make up for not having evolutions of his classic costume for every movie he was in. To make up for 2 decades of missed toy opportunities

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought: similar to how What If...? Season 1 had an episode where Hank Pym becomes Yellowjacket, I'd love to see an episode in Season 2 that finds an excuse to give Hawkeye a pym suit as a reference to that weird period in the late 60s where he was Goliath.
detail.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact. Mikaela Hoover who's voicing Floor the rabbit was the Nova Prime assistant in the first Guardians of the Galaxy.