• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
IMAX sound will now be available on Disney+ for MCU films

www.vitalthrills.com

Queen Rock Montreal Is Coming to Disney+

Following its record success as the biggest IMAX exclusive event release ever, Queen Rock Montreal will make its premiere on Disney+.

It will debut alongside the availability of IMAX Enhanced sound for 18 fan-favorite Marvel films that will immerse subscribers in the action like never before. The announcement was made today by Disney+, IMAX Corporation, and DTS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xperi Inc.

Select Marvel Studios films available with IMAX Enhanced sound on Disney+ at launch will include:

Ant-Man and The Wasp

Doctor Strange

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Avengers: Infinity War

Eternals

Avengers: Endgame

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Black Panther

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

The Marvels

Black Widow

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Captain America: Civil War

Thor: Ragnarok

Captain Marvel

Thor: Love & Thunder

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Do I remember this correctly? The reason Tom Hardy ended up in the MCU is because Venom knew Spidey's real identity and he only knew that because the symbiote is a hive mind with shared memories/experiences which explains how solo Venom learned of it from Raimi Venom's encounter with Tobey, right?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
"I think that with the story of the Fantastic Four, it feels like we want to get this right," Quinn said about superhero fatigue concerns. "There are aspects of it that are very different to other Marvel films. That felt very compelling to me. And again, going back to who's involved, Matt [Shakman], of course, the director, I think is brilliant, and the cast, and I've read it, and the script is brilliant. It's really brilliant. I'm delighted to have this opportunity."

View: https://x.com/variety/status/1780723964681101686?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
So why exactly is Tatiana's future uncertain? Sheesh the MCU can't catch a break.
Edit: seems like somewhat clickbait but maybe not. Apparently she got a lot of heat for calling out Iger during the strikes.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Right on schedule for late April. Unless Marvel has nothing in theaters one year, they will always have a trailer for a movie in Late April.

Fantastic Four trailer 2 will probably be this time next year. Count on it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

The poster should've been Deadpool's pinkie holding onto Wolverine's claw like this.

dFJpXmu.png

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just getting more X-Men 97 quality animation would be enough for me, Id love an Iron Man series that actually uses his rogues throughout his earlier years (before Extremis came along and made him stupidly OP), but Id settle for anything that's quality.
Of course... if they do a Spidey contnuation... Id love that as well. Save MJ, bring back Norman (do him more justice this time), level up Tombstone to where he is now in the comics, bring in Rose proper even if they wont recast Kingpin, lean toward the Clone Saga more, bring in Sandman... work out how the heck to retcon Electro and gimme a real Sinister 6.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Please be Spidey '98, please be Spidey '98. Though I can't see them running two Spidey cartoons unless Your Friendly was a limited series but it's long been rumored to get a second season. Please be Spidey '98.

View: https://x.com/lasersinger/status/1782448995366994404?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

View: https://x.com/mcufilmnews/status/1782781089972670843?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

Seems like Marvel Studios is getting serious about their animation aspirations. Still, good to have them back.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
They used to work at Marvel as a Production Intern in 2009 touching up art and story bibles, so you'd need to find what they worked on back then to find out what they means by "homecoming", unless that's a Spidey pun.

Please be Spidey '98, please be Spidey '98. Though I can't see them running two Spidey cartoons unless Your Friendly was a limited series but it's long been rumored to get a second season. Please be Spidey '98.

View: https://x.com/lasersinger/status/1782448995366994404?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

View: https://x.com/mcufilmnews/status/1782781089972670843?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They used to work at Marvel as a Production Intern in 2009 touching up art and story bibles, so you'd need to find what they worked on back then to find out what they means by "homecoming", unless that's a Spidey pun.
FTFY, just wanted to help you avoid the same mistake I made. Double-checking their Twitter bio was a huge help.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Not relevant to the topic at hand, but my wife and I just watched S2 of Loki and I was blown away. The highlight of the TV side, for sure, and probably my favorite thing in MCU canon released since Infinity War.

I thought the first season was very interesting in its premise, set up not only like it was its own Doctor Who-esque, 'time era of the week' show that carried a twisty plot. But season two made for a much more effective and convincing narrative. The last two episode were just packed with fantastic imagery, character development, and amazing temporal shenanigans! OB was such a delight in every scene!

To be frank, I did not expect to see nearly that much involvement from Jonathan Majors, or that the plot would follow so closely behind the first season. Luckily, Kang's chapter is closed well enough that no one would miss anything with his absence, and what was set up with Loki as character is simply tantalizing. I really hope we see more of Tom Hiddleston, and I'd love to see him and Cumberbatch play off each other in scenes. And I hope Sophie returns, as well.

Just had to get that off my chest.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
"Ray was first and foremost a good friend to everyone at Marvel Studios. He was a talented collaborator who brought creativity and attention to detail to every frame of every movie he worked on, and who was able to bring out the best in each department he worked with," Kevin Feige, CCO of Marvel Entertainment and president of Marvel Studios, and co-president Louis D'Esposito said in a joint statement. "He was the nicest human being and was such a pleasure to work with, hugely generous, and the kind of person who could take the seed of an idea and turn it into something beautiful. We are devastated by his passing. He will be missed by everyone at Marvel, and our sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends."

RIP, Ray Chan.

His last Marvel-related work will be Deadpool & Wolverine.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Not relevant to the topic at hand, but my wife and I just watched S2 of Loki and I was blown away. The highlight of the TV side, for sure, and probably my favorite thing in MCU canon released since Infinity War.

I thought the first season was very interesting in its premise, set up not only like it was its own Doctor Who-esque, 'time era of the week' show that carried a twisty plot. But season two made for a much more effective and convincing narrative. The last two episode were just packed with fantastic imagery, character development, and amazing temporal shenanigans! OB was such a delight in every scene!

To be frank, I did not expect to see nearly that much involvement from Jonathan Majors, or that the plot would follow so closely behind the first season. Luckily, Kang's chapter is closed well enough that no one would miss anything with his absence, and what was set up with Loki as character is simply tantalizing. I really hope we see more of Tom Hiddleston, and I'd love to see him and Cumberbatch play off each other in scenes. And I hope Sophie returns, as well.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Loki was a great series indeed. Marvel Studios' TV efforts are somewhat underrated I think. All of them had some issues but Secret Invasion was the only one that I would genuinely call a miss. In my opinion, every other show ranges from good to great.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing new here really. But Winderbaum, please, make it canon. I wonder if there's contractual causes denying Marvel Studios from touching it. I mean, cause they could just explain it having happened on a separate timeline and if they wanna use the characters in the future just have it merged into the Sacred Timeline. I'm not giving up hope on Agents of Shield eventually being canonized, I'll be patient.

View: https://x.com/agentsfandom/status/1783102447226966287?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

View: https://youtu.be/oWrgXPg9RJo?si=gPrAigmU6bvnm2Bc
Wen's explanation came after Sackhoff asked the actress if she'd been approached by Marvel Studios to reprise her role as Melinda May, also known as The Cavalry. "No, they have not…it's weird," explained Wen. "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. sort of became a separate entity for whatever reason," she continued, "because it was on the network as opposed to streaming. I think there's some – and this is where my obliviousness also helps because I don't understand it, so you're asking the wrong person, I just know that there's some sort of division."

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
"I very much made this film with certainly a healthy respect and gratitude towards the rabid fan base that has peak fluency in the mythology and lore of these characters and this world. But I didn't want to presume that. This movie is built for entertainment, with no obligation to come prepared with prior research."
"The real benefit of being friends off set is that you can try crazy stuff without fear of falling. Because some of it won't work & that will be momentarily embarrassing, but if you're among friends, it's okay to make a fool of yourself in the pursuit of something surprising & something unexpected. This movie is filled with moments, both comedic & character based, that we didn't expect & were the result of a freedom that that came from being friends."

apnews.com

'Deadpool & Wolverine' is (almost) ready to shake up the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Shawn Levy is no novice when it comes to rumors around his projects. Years on “Stranger Things” taught him how to tune out the noise.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Nothing new here really. But Winderbaum, please, make it canon. I wonder if there's contractual causes denying Marvel Studios from touching it. I mean, cause they could just explain it having happened on a separate timeline and if they wanna use the characters in the future just have it merged into the Sacred Timeline. I'm not giving up hope on Agents of Shield eventually being canonized, I'll be patient.

View: https://x.com/agentsfandom/status/1783102447226966287?s=46&t=Z9DqSWZr7M0RkGt-vUPHLQ

View: https://youtu.be/oWrgXPg9RJo?si=gPrAigmU6bvnm2Bc

I miss this entire cast so much. Love every single one of'em.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It seems that there has been an increase in the amount of MCU-related rumors flying around. I wonder if it's because people are becoming interested again or there's more movement in Marvel Studios and their future plans are getting solidified.