• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
EDIT: Also new look at Adam Warlock and Ayesha:

516rz0i5dcsa1.jpg
I just feel the costume design for Warlock is a huge misstep. It looks really illfitting, did all the way back in trailer one 😐

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i dont normally preorder tickets this early but i just had to buy mine for opening thursday gotg 3.

i remember seeing the first opening night with neoxon back in 2014. a bright spot in a shitty year for me.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Ms Marvel is gonna make the film like 100x more fun. Her reactions are priceless. Cant wait! (and yeah please have her crossover into more movies/series)

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Why not Iron Heart? That would make more sense thematically

Do get the feeling though I do think the MCU could do well to embrace the more wacky Team-Up aspects. Legit love Everett Ross being in Secret Invasion precisely because of course the former CIA man would be involved in spy shit like this.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Thunderbolts my excitement for that one has definitely gone up after watching Beef on Netflix.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched the teaser a few times... yeah based on trailers alone, this has GOTG beat for me... Which I definitely didnt expect (Ms Marvel is definitely doing 90% of the heavy lifting though, she's gonna be great). But again, I really just think they are holding tons back for GOTG from the trailers, so Im not judging the final film based on what's shown so far. Just didnt think Id be more hyped for Ms Marvel than Guardians but there we go! (though Milse and Miguel mean Im still most hyped for Spider-Verse!)

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Rewatched the teaser a few times... yeah based on trailers alone, this has GOTG beat for me... Which I definitely didnt expect (Ms Marvel is definitely doing 90% of the heavy lifting though, she's gonna be great). But again, I really just think they are holding tons back for GOTG from the trailers, so Im not judging the final film based on what's shown so far. Just didnt think Id be more hyped for Ms Marvel than Guardians but there we go! (though Milse and Miguel mean Im still most hyped for Spider-Verse!)
To be fair, Kamala is a ray of sunshine. I can't fault you for being more excited for her movie.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marvels got the hype, while Guardians has the feels is the way I see it

Oct 27, 2017
My parents are actually watching that a night or two ago. I should probably check it out.

It's so good, it's no joke one of the best shows I've seen in years, probably ever. Knowing that the showrunner Lee Sung Jin is doing rewrites and the director of most of the episodes (Jake Schreier) is directing Thunderbolts, with Steven Yeun coming in as well, whew that's sounding like a strong recipe for success. Obviously not a guarantee since talented people can't always hit 100%, but damn I'm still riding high.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's so good, it's no joke one of the best shows I've seen in years, probably ever. Knowing that the showrunner Lee Sung Jin is doing rewrites and the director of most of the episodes (Jake Schreier) is directing Thunderbolts, with Steven Yeun coming in as well, whew that's sounding like a strong recipe for success. Obviously not a guarantee since talented people can't always hit 100%, but damn I'm still riding high.
That's high praise, I need to check it out.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Beef's production designer and its editor are working on Thunderbolts as well.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Everything's canon eventually in the Multiverse, but actors reprising their roles in animated shows shouldn't count as "canonizing" something. FitzSimmons are voiced by their respective actors in the Spider-Man animated show too, that's not suddenly canon either.

At least until Beyond the Spider-Verse comes out lol.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Everything's canon eventually in the Multiverse, but actors reprising their roles in animated shows shouldn't count as "canonizing" something. FitzSimmons are voiced by their respective actors in the Spider-Man animated show too, that's not suddenly canon either.

At least until Beyond the Spider-Verse comes out lol.
I'm only taking his word for it, as Feige generally oversees everything animation over at Marvel now (even though this is mostly a DTVA joint).

[Deadline] Morena Baccarin & Stefan Kapicic will reprise their roles in Deadpool 3
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Phase 4's attempts to drift out of a central narrative largely failed to work with people and got derided as being "aimless" but it's still something they really should be pushing for the sake of the MCU's overall health and emphasizing this kind of multiversal connection really goes against that. The multiverse becoming this amorphous thing that the entire Marvel multimedia apparatus becomes beholden too in some way or another is a recipe for having the whole house crumble under its own weight.

And yeah this is straight-up infuriating. Movie Twitter yelling "bad CGI!" is legit a redux of gamers yelling "bad graphics!". And like there are legitimate concerns that the discourse grazes by but so much of the rest is just noise and needless bandwagonning.

Oct 27, 2017
Phase 4's attempts to drift out of a central narrative largely failed to work with people and got derided as being "aimless" but it's still something they really should be pushing for the sake of the MCU's overall health and emphasizing this kind of multiversal connection really goes against that. The multiverse becoming this amorphous thing that the entire Marvel multimedia apparatus becomes beholden too in some way or another is a recipe for having the whole house crumble under its own weight.

And yeah this is straight-up infuriating. Movie Twitter yelling "bad CGI!" is legit a redux of gamers yelling "bad graphics!". And like there are legitimate concerns that the discourse grazes by but so much of the rest is just noise and needless bandwagonning.

People complain about having too much to keep with but Phase 4 was literally Marvel going, "hey here are a bunch of different corners of the MCU that you can focus on without needing to see everything else". Like you can totally skip Moon Knight and Eternals and still enjoy Shang-Chi and She-Hulk, just as an example. I remember when Huber on Easy Allies was complaining that everything was too connected now but Phase 4 was the least connected it's ever been and was frankly better for it.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
People complain about having too much to keep with but Phase 4 was literally Marvel going, "hey here are a bunch of different corners of the MCU that you can focus on without needing to see everything else". Like you can totally skip Moon Knight and Eternals and still enjoy Shang-Chi and She-Hulk, just as an example. I remember when Huber on Easy Allies was complaining that everything was too connected now but Phase 4 was the least connected it's ever been and was frankly better for it.
This entire concept doesn't work though because you're only going to know what connects to what if you're super invested and keeping up with everything anyway.

If they actually want to do it the way you're suggesting then they need to market each corner as it's own thing/franchise.