• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Red Guardian's main point of comparison is Rogue, as both are single target "Silences" in a way, there are perks for both, for one, Red Guadian targets all cards and not just ongoing cards, this means it can hit stuff Rogue can't, in the current meta the most noteworthy hits are Black Knight, X-23 and Angela. Even if you hit just an on reveal card, you are still inflicting -2 to it which means you are putting about 5 power worth into a lane. There are moments however where Rogue would be better, take a Ms. Marvel, getting the +4 benefits with Rogue is more of a swing than just silencing Ms. Marvel. This also comes to mention how your opponent can play around and defend their ongoing to, Devil Dinosaurs and Darkhawks are going to be too high in power for Red Guardian to hit, they'll hit the Korg or Snowguard they played to that lane instead, which is another area where Rogue shines over Red Guardian.

It's gonna come down to the meta, but I feel Red Guardian is a solid card, but one that has to compete with other tech cards you'll be using that might fit the current meta better.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Seems like they are adding MCU variants now? Or at least the high evolutionary one is the first I've seen.

I'm a bit disappointed it isn't just a picture from the movie but I guess they'd have to pay likeness rights or something.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great, thanks!

Does anyone play a High Evo deck and have any tips? I'm losing hard so far, seems too unpredictable for me to strategise well at the moment.

So HIgh Evo strengths are how it's got the ability to consistently earn points even if you are floating energy on the turn. There's two main ways to play the deck, the Infanaut/She Hulk version, and the Abomination Afflication version. I'll go through the Abomination Afflication version as I feel that's the stronger of the two decks at the moment. Borrowing a build from Marvel Snap Zone.

deckpreview.php

The main idea is you use the early turns to build a point advantage and strong lane over your opponents, weakening their cards to discount Abomination which can cause a big 9 power swing on turn 5 or 6. And then the last turn you secure your win with one of a Big Hulk play to win a lane, or a Shang Chi/Enchantress to disrupt your opponents gameplan and win that way instead.

Try to aim to spend all but one of your energy each turn if you have your Evolved cards in play or Hulk in hand. If you have say, Sunspot and Misty Knight in play and Hulk in hand, that''s 2 power you are adding to the board immediately and 2 power added to Hulk for the final turn. Do note sometimes it is better to just play your cards though, No point inforegoing an Armor play just because you can get more points from floating one Energy if your opponent is going to killmonger and ruin you on turn 3.

A general rough playplan would look like so.

Turn 1. Oftentimes you just skip this turn to power up Hulk if he's in your hand, If you don't have Hulk, you can play Sunspot or Misty Knight this turn, but it's often favourable to wait a turn to get them a better lane. If you have Scorpion for turn 2 though, you want to play one of them now.
Turn 2. This is your Play Scorpion turn if you got him just so Scorpion hits the most cards possible, otherwise Sunspot and/or Misty Knight is good this turn. You can also set up Armor and Shocker here as well. Armor is key for not only defending a late game hulk, but also your Sunspot and Misty Knight from Killmonger as well.
Turn 3. Whichever 1 or 2 drop plays you haven't' had a chance to play previously, you do it on this turn. You can potentially set up a Cyclops this turn too if your opponent has committed 2 units to one lane, otherwise it's better to play Cyclops on 4 to position him better.
Turn 4. This is the Cyclops into a lane where he can deal the most damage. You can also use Thing here as well as an alternative if you've got at least 2 targets for him to hit (3 would be ideal). This is also around the time you should be thinking about Snapping or not for the game, looking if you have a powered up Hulk to close out and win the game, or the right tech cards to lock out whatever gameplan your opponent is trying.
Turn 5. If you've discounted abomination, this is probably the turn you are playing him. The only time I'd consider against it is if you think you will have 5 afflicted foes on your opponent or you haven't drawn your Hulk and want to save the big 9 power swing for the final turn. Otherwise you play one of your tech cards to disrupt your opponent or any of your previous other cards you haven''t played yet like Thing. You might play High Evolutionary yourself this turn if you have nothing further to do.
Turn 6. This is probably the Hulk turn whos' big enough power is hopefully strong enough to swing a lane for you, that or it's the time to play one of your tech cards to ruin your opponents gameplan and win the game that way. If you did manage to get Abomination to zero you can drop it with Hulk for one of the highest power turns possible. Armor can be used to defend your hulk as well if you fear Shang Chi.

There is other tech card considerations to run over Shang Chi and Enchantress as well, depending on what's bothering you more. Cosmo, Rogue, Luke Cage all worth considering as alternatives. I'll list some cards to watch out for at present for HIgh Evolutionary as well.

1. Red Hulk, the biggest issue for High Evolutionary at present since it's effect counters your effect of not spending energy each turn, as Red Hulk will gain 4 Power each turn you end without spending all your energy, something you wish to do. You do at least get an early warning if they have Red Hulk in hand, if you see Red Hulk, try to spread your power enough so you are winning enough lanes that they can't just win by playing Red Hulk to one lane, or try and throw your priority into the final turn and predict which lane they'll be using Red Hulk in and Shang Chi it out (No good if you have Armor though, they'll probably play it into that one.
2. Luke Cage, this not only undoes all your affliction lowering, but also prevents you from discounting your abomination as well. If you see it early, enchantress/rogue to get rid of it
3. Mobius M. Mobius. A bigger issue for the Inshenaut variant of High Evolutionary, but Aflliction doesn't like a full cost Abomination either, once again, Enchantress if you see it.

I hope that helps somewhat with playing the Abomination variant at least. I'd talk about some of the other variants like Infshenaut, but I dunno if you have those Series 3 cards like Magik and She Hulk to play them yet.

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
So, does matchmaking just kind of go out the window once you hit infinite? I just started this last month and reached infinite last night, and suddenly the game has gone from feeling fun and balanced to some nonsense where every opponent has decked out crazy shit and I barely stand a chance.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
So, does matchmaking just kind of go out the window once you hit infinite? I just started this last month and reached infinite last night, and suddenly the game has gone from feeling fun and balanced to some nonsense where every opponent has decked out crazy shit and I barely stand a chance.

The game matches you based on mmr and your collection rank. As a new player you will have a low collection rank so you'll be against a lot of bots.
Once you hit infinite there are now more bots. you are now facing players who have played this game for over a year and will have access to cards that you've never seen before, which you also can't get at the moment.
You may want to try conquest if infinite is a bit too much for now, conquest does have longer matches though.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com

I have yet to reach infinite and I've been playing 6 months. Lol

Maybe I just don't play enough.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
No bots in Infinite, and you only match against other Infinite players. Good luck.

What did you use to climb, btw?

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
The worst thing a new player can do is hit infinite.

Prior to infinite, you're matched against players with a similar collection level, and lots of bots. After infinite though, the restrictions are taken off and you're put against other infinite players only. That's players with vastly higher collection levels than you, with bigger card collections.

A new player cannot compete in post-infinite. Your best bet is to play conquest for the remainder of the season. That will still match you based on collection level and the like.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I dispute that a new player can't compete in Infinite. Your options are definitely limited, but even new players have access to the basic On Reveal package. Dino decks are also fairly accessible at a low collection level. The biggest impediment is that, as a new player, you just won't be familiar with the decks your opponents are playing.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
If you don't mind me asking, what rank do you usually finish a season at?

probably around 75 or so. I think i hit 80 one time? I dont recall ever getting the gold at 90.

the drops in rank after the season kill me. I go from like 75 all the way down to 30 or something, so the climb back up is long.

i dont particularly mind being in Infinity or not, but i'd like to be able to get the card backs -- i certainly feel like i play enough lol

KrebStar

Oct 28, 2017
No bots in Infinite, and you only match against other Infinite players. Good luck.

What did you use to climb, btw?

I'm not far into pool 3 and got lucky with an early Sera unlock, so my fall back was a pretty simple control deck boosted by her. Mostly I jumped around to random decks a lot, just trying out different combos and deck types.

I assume the bots are the ones with simple names and absolutely no ability to play around locations? They also seem to snap at really strange times, which is always pretty funny.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I'm not far into pool 3 and got lucky with an early Sera unlock, so my fall back was a pretty simple control deck boosted by her. Mostly I jumped around to random decks a lot, just trying out different combos and deck types.

I assume the bots are the ones with simple names and absolutely no ability to play around locations? They also seem to snap at really strange times, which is always pretty funny.

hmm... maybe it was easy for you to get to infinite since your collection level is low and you just kept winning.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
So HIgh Evo strengths are how it's got the ability to consistently earn points even if you are floating energy on the turn. There's two main ways to play the deck, the Infanaut/She Hulk version, and the Abomination Afflication version. I'll go through the Abomination Afflication version as I feel that's the stronger of the two decks at the moment. Borrowing a build from Marvel Snap Zone.

deckpreview.php

The main idea is you use the early turns to build a point advantage and strong lane over your opponents, weakening their cards to discount Abomination which can cause a big 9 power swing on turn 5 or 6. And then the last turn you secure your win with one of a Big Hulk play to win a lane, or a Shang Chi/Enchantress to disrupt your opponents gameplan and win that way instead.

Try to aim to spend all but one of your energy each turn if you have your Evolved cards in play or Hulk in hand. If you have say, Sunspot and Misty Knight in play and Hulk in hand, that''s 2 power you are adding to the board immediately and 2 power added to Hulk for the final turn. Do note sometimes it is better to just play your cards though, No point inforegoing an Armor play just because you can get more points from floating one Energy if your opponent is going to killmonger and ruin you on turn 3.

A general rough playplan would look like so.

Turn 1. Oftentimes you just skip this turn to power up Hulk if he's in your hand, If you don't have Hulk, you can play Sunspot or Misty Knight this turn, but it's often favourable to wait a turn to get them a better lane. If you have Scorpion for turn 2 though, you want to play one of them now.
Turn 2. This is your Play Scorpion turn if you got him just so Scorpion hits the most cards possible, otherwise Sunspot and/or Misty Knight is good this turn. You can also set up Armor and Shocker here as well. Armor is key for not only defending a late game hulk, but also your Sunspot and Misty Knight from Killmonger as well.
Turn 3. Whichever 1 or 2 drop plays you haven't' had a chance to play previously, you do it on this turn. You can potentially set up a Cyclops this turn too if your opponent has committed 2 units to one lane, otherwise it's better to play Cyclops on 4 to position him better.
Turn 4. This is the Cyclops into a lane where he can deal the most damage. You can also use Thing here as well as an alternative if you've got at least 2 targets for him to hit (3 would be ideal). This is also around the time you should be thinking about Snapping or not for the game, looking if you have a powered up Hulk to close out and win the game, or the right tech cards to lock out whatever gameplan your opponent is trying.
Turn 5. If you've discounted abomination, this is probably the turn you are playing him. The only time I'd consider against it is if you think you will have 5 afflicted foes on your opponent or you haven't drawn your Hulk and want to save the big 9 power swing for the final turn. Otherwise you play one of your tech cards to disrupt your opponent or any of your previous other cards you haven''t played yet like Thing. You might play High Evolutionary yourself this turn if you have nothing further to do.
Turn 6. This is probably the Hulk turn whos' big enough power is hopefully strong enough to swing a lane for you, that or it's the time to play one of your tech cards to ruin your opponents gameplan and win the game that way. If you did manage to get Abomination to zero you can drop it with Hulk for one of the highest power turns possible. Armor can be used to defend your hulk as well if you fear Shang Chi.

There is other tech card considerations to run over Shang Chi and Enchantress as well, depending on what's bothering you more. Cosmo, Rogue, Luke Cage all worth considering as alternatives. I'll list some cards to watch out for at present for HIgh Evolutionary as well.

1. Red Hulk, the biggest issue for High Evolutionary at present since it's effect counters your effect of not spending energy each turn, as Red Hulk will gain 4 Power each turn you end without spending all your energy, something you wish to do. You do at least get an early warning if they have Red Hulk in hand, if you see Red Hulk, try to spread your power enough so you are winning enough lanes that they can't just win by playing Red Hulk to one lane, or try and throw your priority into the final turn and predict which lane they'll be using Red Hulk in and Shang Chi it out (No good if you have Armor though, they'll probably play it into that one.
2. Luke Cage, this not only undoes all your affliction lowering, but also prevents you from discounting your abomination as well. If you see it early, enchantress/rogue to get rid of it
3. Mobius M. Mobius. A bigger issue for the Inshenaut variant of High Evolutionary, but Aflliction doesn't like a full cost Abomination either, once again, Enchantress if you see it.

I hope that helps somewhat with playing the Abomination variant at least. I'd talk about some of the other variants like Infshenaut, but I dunno if you have those Series 3 cards like Magik and She Hulk to play them yet.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply!
So my deck is the same as the one pictured except I have Wasp and Juggernaut instead of Armor and Enchantress.
I know Juggernaut isn't optimal but I just got him and wanted to try him out, i was already thinking of swapping him for Armor to stop the destroy decks. Wasp I have cos I can use her on a turn when I want to retain energy.
I'll make some swaps and see if that helps my gameplan.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So many people trying to run Destroy with Sinister London today, put an Armor or Cosmo into your deck and mess up their plans.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
So many people trying to run Destroy with Sinister London today, put an Armor or Cosmo into your deck and mess up their plans.
I literally popped in here before firing up the game until I read this. I thing imma just play something else until tomorrow cause I can't be arsed to deal with destroy decks as is, never mind when its another favoured location day that helps that archetype massively.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!
So my deck is the same as the one pictured except I have Wasp and Juggernaut instead of Armor and Enchantress.
I know Juggernaut isn't optimal but I just got him and wanted to try him out, i was already thinking of swapping him for Armor to stop the destroy decks. Wasp I have cos I can use her on a turn when I want to retain energy.
I'll make some swaps and see if that helps my gameplan.
HE use to run Storm at one time. You might get away with a Storm/Juggernaut or Storm/Cyclops and win that lane against some early decks that don't really have answers yet for that lockdown.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
HE use to run Storm at one time. You might get away with a Storm/Juggernaut or Storm/Cyclops and win that lane against some early decks that don't really have answers yet for that lockdown.

The Sinister London lane being prevalent at the moment seems to be really helping my deck, went on a big win streak last night and I'm almost at 70 now, feel like I'm getting better with this deck now! Swapped Juggernaut for Armor to deal with destroy decks/protect Hulk, but kept Wasp for now as a way to lower Abom's cost without expending energy.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with these people in proving grounds who play like 3 or 4 turns then retreat? It's all they do the whole game. I'm encountering this a lot lately. It's rather annoying.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
1. I hate how they've completely gutted my ongoing spectrum deck
2. We really need a GFY emote for really toxic players

I have trouble identifying toxic players in Snap aside from situations where they spam SNAP? SNAP? SNAP?

These are extremely annoying though. LIke motherfucker SNAPPING is literally in the name of the game, I snapped and I lost, big deal.

It's even worse when they spam that in situations where they objectively got lucky and didn't even Snap back.

I'm tilting myself just thinking about it lmao

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I also got the 500 gold. I don't really know what to do with my gold, not that interested in variants.

Pulled Deadpool from a cache which I'm happy about, one step closer to a decent destroy deck!

Been losing a lot with my HE deck since Sinister London stopped being spotlighted :(

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Oh wow, just faced my first MODOK/Hela deck.
They did nothing for three turns then placed Invisible Woman.
Had never seen this before so I had no idea what was going on.
End turn, MODOK revealed, destroyed loads of 6-cost cards, then Hela brought them all back. Utterly destroyed me.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, just faced my first MODOK/Hela deck.
They did nothing for three turns then placed Invisible Woman.
Had never seen this before so I had no idea what was going on.
End turn, MODOK revealed, destroyed loads of 6-cost cards, then Hela brought them all back. Utterly destroyed me.
Yeah, if they draw Invis Woman, MODOK and Hela you've no chance unless you have a Cosmo or Alioth

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
New to this game, reached pool 3, how hard is to get the pool 3-5 cards? and how should I farm the spotlight cache and tokens?

Wasted my 3000 tokens on an impulse buy on modok since I want to play discard, dont know if was a good idea

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if they draw Invis Woman, MODOK and Hela you've no chance unless you have a Cosmo or Alioth

There's also options with Rogue, Enchantress, Red Guardian, Spider-Man, Stegron and Cannonball even even, but you need to play them on Turn 5 after they played MODOK and before they play Hela, Basically you get them to reveal MODOK early and discard their entire hand, with Hela hopefully being among those discarded cards.

It's not as easy if they play Corvus though, as you have to gamble if they play MODOK on Turn 4 or Turn 5. Play it too early and they can pivot their gameplan accordingly (Or if you are using one of the move characters, just swap lanes), play it too late, and the MODOK comes down likely with the Hela right after it.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
New to this game, reached pool 3, how hard is to get the pool 3-5 cards? and how should I farm the spotlight cache and tokens?

Wasted my 3000 tokens on an impulse buy on modok since I want to play discard, dont know if was a good idea
You'll get all the pool 3 cards free. Don't remember the rate anymore but you should be complete around mid to low lvl 4000's. Plus the shop gives you a free one I think once a season.

Don't spend your cache keys unless you have 4 if you are really going for a certain card. Plan out each week if there is something you want to go for, don't just impulse because new shiny thing.

Modok is a really good card for certain discard types. He's not used in every discard build but he's not a bad card.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

You will eventually get all the pool 3 cards for free in a few months.

You can't really "farm" for series 4 or 5 cards and are at the mercy of the Spotlight System. After some time save up 3 or 4 Keys for a week that has 2 to 3 cards you actually really want. Your rate of getting Spotlight keys is a bit over once a week if you play regularly but they are also releasing cards every week so you really need to pick and choose where you use your Spotlight Keys. Your respite will be when they do "Series Drops" which is where they downgrades card series from Series 4 to Series 3 so that newer players can catch up on what they missed.

You should spend your Tokens only on Series 4 cards that are non replaceable and for that purpose your MODOK pick was excellent as it is a non replaceable (for its deck archetype) Series 4 card.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You'll get all the pool 3 cards free. Don't remember the rate anymore but you should be complete around mid to low lvl 4000's. Plus the shop gives you a free one I think once a season.

Don't spend your cache keys unless you have 4 if you are really going for a certain card. Plan out each week if there is something you want to go for, don't just impulse because new shiny thing.

Modok is a really good card for certain discard types. He's not used in every discard build but he's not a bad card.

Screenshot_20240419_093711_SNAP.jpg

This is my current build, dont know how to improve it

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
This is my current build, dont know how to improve it

You've got a few cards there that aren't really discard based. Slotting in cards like Dracula, Morbius and Colleen Wing would move towards a standard/generic discard deck.
You're also not really running any counter cards. Discard often doesn't but things like Shang-Chi or Enchantress to try and counter some of the opponents cards would be good too.

Now you have Modok you could go for a Hela deck. As was mentioned above, Invisible Woman into Modok into Hela with a lot of big cards in your hand is really hard to beat. Depends on your draw though of course.