• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I really don't envy new players to the game

Yeah it's been hard playing catch up, and people constantly talking about decks where I don't have half the cards.

This game is very frustrating, I've been on a losing streak all day. Just when I start to think I have a good strategy, it gets blown up in several ways.
I'm never going to get to infinite any time soon :(

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lot's of good spotlight weeks coming up, didn't even realize Nico was next week so curious on thoughts on trying to get Nico or High Evo. I thought High Evo was amazing the last few months, but lately I've not seen it as much. Is it as strong as I think it is? Nico just seems like she can RNG you into one of the best 1-drop cards. Also need a Beta Ray Bill as the Asgardians Deck looks real fun and pretty unstoppable from what I played again, but don't see it upcoming. God just to think I'll have to wait until July onwards to even see it...

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Lot's of good spotlight weeks coming up, didn't even realize Nico was next week so curious on thoughts on trying to get Nico or High Evo. I thought High Evo was amazing the last few months, but lately I've not seen it as much. Is it as strong as I think it is? Nico just seems like she can RNG you into one of the best 1-drop cards. Also need a Beta Ray Bill as the Asgardians Deck looks real fun and pretty unstoppable from what I played again, but don't see it upcoming. God just to think I'll have to wait until July onwards to even see it...
Nico is a great card in a lot of competitive and fun decks. She's not a make-or-break, you can't play this archetype without her, but in the decks she's in, she usually makes them better, more versatile and more fun. I would rank her in my Top 5 cards, both in terms of usefulness and fun.

High Evo is a card that makes a single deck that no other deck can make. It's still very good. People are gun shy about playing him right now, since Red Hulk is still new and gets free points off the main mechanic of the High Eve deck, but honestly, the reactionary decks die out pretty quickly. But because that deck only exists because of him, he's a good pickup in case it ever gains more tools/the meta shifts on account of the new "no substitutes possible."

Both are cards that are played in decks that can win in Conquest and Ladder.

Beta Ray Bill is super fun in some decks. But I would prioritize him lower than Nico and High Eve, personally.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This game is very frustrating, I've been on a losing streak all day. Just when I start to think I have a good strategy, it gets blown up in several ways.
I'm never going to get to infinite any time soon :(
Just remember, all Infinite gets you is a card back you won't pay attention to anyway. Easier said than done, but game becomes way more fun when you try to play well, try to play smart for cubes, but don't actually deflate from losing 4-8 cubes on a bad beat.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want high evo since I want to play with cyclops but is impossible for me to get the caches

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
3tm0uK3.png

Looks fun af tbh

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
tempted to try out Arishem when the time comes with something like

Nico
Pixie
Psylocke
Jeff
Magik
Wave
Venom
Kang
Mockingbird
Sera
Arishem
Death

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Arishem is likely to be S tier. The numbers suggest that you'll get goods cards most of the time.
S tier in terms of fun, definitely. But like Pixie, the randomness will keep the deck in check. The complaints will be hilarious we you draw unplayable hands like drawing Death, Bast, Shocker, Hazmat in that order before drawing any of your own cards.

EDIT: Darkhawk's time to shine will finally return at least during Arishem's release week.

Last edited:

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
I thought clans was a feature meant to be tailored towards content creators and their followers? 25 members seems low or is that normal

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Well my enjoyment of my HE deck was very short lived, been on a two day losing streak and it's extremely frustrating.

I always seem to lose on turn six to some random unpredictable bullshit.
I have no idea when to Snap, unlike with my Wong/Tiger/Odin deck where I knew if I drew those cards I had good chance of winning, I still have no idea what a 'definite win' HE deck looks like. No matter what I do my opponent counters it.
And it feels pointless me having Shang-Chi as I never get to play him, my opponents almost never have a 10+ card out before turn 6, so I'm either blindly predicting with my Shang, or my card is revealed after theirs so he's pointless anyway.
Meh. Very tempted to go back to my On Reveal deck, which I was bored of, but was getting me more wins.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Learning a new deck when the meta is this wide open will always be tough.

The only thing HE has going for it right now is Armor and Cosmo to deal with Destroy decks. There's too many decks out trying to lockdown a lane, spread power across all lanes with mid range AngelaHopeElsa decks, or greedy combo decks that you can't compete with their power

It is interesting how many decks are built to avoid Shang Chi now, this is probably the rare time you could swap him out

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm really hating seeing Zemo, Cable and all the other cards in the fuck your card decks. Not even sure how to counter them. After hitting infinite back to back times I almost feel like I should hit it again but I'm struggling.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hating seeing Zemo, Cable and all the other cards in the fuck your card decks. Not even sure how to counter them. After hitting infinite back to back times I almost feel like I should hit it again but I'm struggling.
I managed to counter that deck the entire season by playing a Loki/Hope/Elsa deck. Colson and Snowguard generate cards for you to transform and Kitty/Angela to build power. Usually these deck have a Rulk in there so a buffed up Kitty and a 5 energy Rulk lets me swing pretty much any lane I want on turn 6.

Fastest I hit infinite with this deck(1st week) to for what its worth.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
I thought clans was a feature meant to be tailored towards content creators and their followers? 25 members seems low or is that normal

Seems pretty standard I suppose. Though I guess the idea that you can help each other by completing team missions is appealing enough to join one, especially if you're a newer player.

When you have bigger clans like 50-100, the game has to be either be bigger in scope or have smaller rewards like group log ins. And then some sort of group activity mode or something that demands coordination.

Rusty Rascal

Sep 25, 2023
Northern Ireland
So fed up with mill decks. I've been doing OK against them mostly but they're irritating as he'll. Loki is good against them like someone mentioned but they're running Shadow King now so Kitty/Angela lost me a couple

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Fast upgrade system is actually good now.

Costs the same credits as regularly upgrading the card would. No more paying more credits depending on how many boosters off you are.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
So fed up with mill decks. I've been doing OK against them mostly but they're irritating as he'll. Loki is good against them like someone mentioned but they're running Shadow King now so Kitty/Angela lost me a couple
When I was running into a lot of Zemo decks, I put in Viper so they would sometimes pull it and send me a free card LOL

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com

Costs the same credits as regularly upgrading the card would. No more paying more credits depending on how many boosters off you are.

Did they reduce the cost or something?

edit: ok im looking at a good example. i got 2 cards that can go to infinity, one has 36 boosters, and one has 15, and they both cost the same

i sort of dont like that because i feel like i'm wasting the boosters -- why wouldnt i just do it when i have only a single booster for a card that shows up?

EddIs

Jul 13, 2022

edit: ok im looking at a good example. i got 2 cards that can go to infinity, one has 36 boosters, and one has 15, and they both cost the same

i sort of dont like that because i feel like i'm wasting the boosters -- why wouldnt i just do it when i have only a single booster for a card that shows up?
And how are you wasting boosters? You can upgrade card for 36 boosters, or you can farm 14 more and upgrade for 50, it will cost you the same 500credits. It just saves you time, no need to farm boosters. So decide what cards you want to upgrade and leave them missing boosters for upgrade. Only cards with missing boosters to upgrade will show up. Right now i have 3 cards with missing boosters. All other cards have boosters for at least 1 upgrade. So only my 3 cards will show for upgrade. And i will upgrade them without boosters till i hit ink or gold, than just farm let's say 10 booster for that card and that card will stop showing up there, than just make other card you want to upgrade have less boosters so it can star showing in place of older card that you made ink or gold. I will upgrade all my cards this way from now on, while needing 0 boosters. Not always the variant you want to upgrade will show up, that's why you try to upgrade 3 cards. Every 8 hours you should be able to upgrade at least one variant, sometimes all 3. Feels like i will never again have to farm for boosters.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017

Oh that's fantastic - thanks for mentioning it or I'd have never looked at that section due to the previous poor value!

Yes it is slightly wasting boosters. If you're close, and can get the remaining boosters before the shop cycles out then it would be optimal to do so, upgrade normally then upgrade again in the shop - provided you have the credits of course. I think? It's not that easy to get those boosters tho. And if you can do only one, the shop wins out - better to upgrade then you'll have the additional boosters contributing to the next split.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
And how are you wasting boosters? You can upgrade card for 36 boosters, or you can farm 14 more and upgrade for 50, it will cost you the same 500credits. It just saves you time, no need to farm boosters. So decide what cards you want to upgrade and leave them missing boosters for upgrade. Only cards with missing boosters to upgrade will show up. Right now i have 3 cards with missing boosters. All other cards have boosters for at least 1 upgrade. So only my 3 cards will show for upgrade. And i will upgrade them without boosters till i hit ink or gold, than just farm let's say 10 booster for that card and that card will stop showing up there, than just make other card you want to upgrade have less boosters so it can star showing in place of older card that you made ink or gold. I will upgrade all my cards this way from now on, while needing 0 boosters. Not always the variant you want to upgrade will show up, that's why you try to upgrade 3 cards. Every 8 hours you should be able to upgrade at least one variant, sometimes all 3. Feels like i will never again have to farm for boosters.

I suppose you are not "wasting boosters" so much as there is an opportunity cost with maximizing your credits spent per booster.

Yes the idea would be I'm basically getting X amount for free technically, but it doesn't actually feel that way when you have 2 cards that cost the same to upgrade but a vastly different booster amount. Credits do take time to farm also, but are more easily "refunded" with the way the collection path is set up

At the end of the day, yes, it does make sense to take advantage where you see fit and maybe ignore the amount of boosters you have currently for that card, but it doesn't FEEL like you are getting a benefit for those boosters if all you needed to do was wait for that card to come around in the fast upgrade.

It would be better if the boosters you did have carried over and weren't spent during the upgrade from the fast upgrade.

hush

Dec 3, 2018
boosters as a concept/currency should disappear - there's already a more omnipresent gate of credits, but i understand they need to throw something at people for playing out games - i just wish it were almost anything else.

the refined quick upgrade is definitely a step in the right direction, although they should feel free to do more.