• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SlyCoug88

Jan 10, 2018
Well I got caught up in the Cannonball hype and bought him out of my token shop today. Had about 40K tokens so figured might as well, and it makes my White Widow deck much better.

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
I don't understand why they change some cards very little like Jane Foster and Stature but yet not fix bigger issues like Emma Frost who no one ever plays. Why not make her more interesting?

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
WTF is with this game and giving me purple tone flares on my gold cards?

6V48Aoc.png
Lol this was my most recent BW split
IMG_8917.PNG

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I'm getting so bored with SD coasting with this game and refusing to add any meaningful changes beyond cosmetics and more shop whale bait.

EddIs

Jul 13, 2022
I don't understand why they change some cards very little like Jane Foster and Stature but yet not fix bigger issues like Emma Frost who no one ever plays. Why not make her more interesting?
They don't want to mess with series 1 and 2 curve and meta to much. I feel like with series 3-4-5 pools getting bigger, they will have to rebalance and change pools 1-2 and cards that are there, but it's SD, so i'm not holding my breath

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by the last Zabu change, it definitely seems like Emma Frost is on their radar.

Also they have buffed Series 1 and 2 cards before like Antman, Angel, Cable, Blade, Elektra, Groot, Mantis, Strong Guy and Punisher etc.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Had to look it up because I was confused there was a card out that nobody plays so hard that I had never even heard of it, and apparently Emma Frost is White Queen.

I have her in 1 deck but she doesn't make it on the board often.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Playing against Phoenix deck and just find out that Red Guardian counters on-reveal cards. For some reason did not think he works like that. (i might be late to this, because i have not played him much) I played RG on turn 5 as stat stick and he hit Shuri, i had prio so no buff to his Nimrod

Uhhhhhh
Huh
That… doesn't sound right? Surely there's not a reasonable amount of cards that can be done too. I guess it would even turn off Hawkeye. The game used to be logically consistent but that was years ago at this point.

Makes sense to me. Shuri needs to have the card flip over before she applies her buff so RG hitting her would remove the buff before it can be applied.

Well shit. Had I known Red Guardian countered Shuri like that I probably would've tried to get him. I had no idea something like that would work.

She's essentially destroyed so she wouldn't buff the card
I just hit Shuri with Red Guardian and she still doubled the Red Skull. I had priority as well. So no, he doesn't counter her. Lost me 4 cubes as well cause I snapped remembering this thread and you all talking about it, lol.

EddIs

Jul 13, 2022
I just hit Shuri with Red Guardian and she still doubled the Red Skull. I had priority as well. So no, he doesn't counter her. Lost me 4 cubes as well cause I snapped remembering this thread and you all talking about it, lol.
Then it's a bug. I checked and there was no location changes or anything that can mess with shuri. Opponent even emoted on my Red Guardian, that's why i thought that people know about this and i was late to the party.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Red Guardian shouldn't counter Shuri because Shuri's effect is an On Reveal applied to the location. If you play Shuri on Death's Domain, which in turn destroys Shuri, her effect will still go off if you play your next card there like a Nimrod.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
My pattern is getting to 80 in a week and then it takes 2-3 to get to 90, lol. Did it with an auto Magneto deck (love him in 97) that was a Hela deck. Never got to Infinite, though a few seasons back got to 98. I just want the 500 gold, heh.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I usually get to 90 then stop. I just don't care about infinite anymore.

I just play to do my missions and buy and upgrade variants.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Then it's a bug. I checked and there was no location changes or anything that can mess with shuri. Opponent even emoted on my Red Guardian, that's why i thought that people know about this and i was late to the party.

I don't think so. Those next turn abilities kind of get held over even if the card is destroyed. So removing the text is like the same concept essentially. Forge always activated his ability after getting destroyed by Venom

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I wish I'd bought the Miss Minutes emote as I'm always bored of waiting when people take ages to play their turn, and I don't care about variants so I don't have anything better to do with my gold.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I don't emote often but if you're playing an annoying ass Zemo deck and I beat you then expect a Cyclops lol. I fucking hate that deck. Someone here suggested Viper but my opponent playing Guardian and grabbing Viper just helped them out. Using a discard deck atm and it's going ok until the usual shitty hand.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Seems like they're moving all the Nuverse stuff to in-game.

But I thought the whole idea of Nuverse was so they could bypass having to pay Apple/Google/etc 40% on every transaction?

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
It's still very playable as a f2p player imo, but they basically don't even try to get money from anyone but whales anymore

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
It's still very playable as a f2p player imo, but they basically don't even try to get money from anyone but whales anymore
Which just seems crazy to me. They are surely leaving a ton of money on the table not having impulse buy priced products. Imagine if they had an introductory offer of emote of your choice for $3 when they rolled them out. I barely use emotes but I would have gotten one and I imagine the vast majority of their player base would have bought one. Wish we knew how many $40 emotes did they sold.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Which just seems crazy to me. They are surely leaving a ton of money on the table not having impulse buy priced products. Imagine if they had an introductory offer of emote of your choice for $3 when they rolled them out. I barely use emotes but I would have gotten one and I imagine the vast majority of their player base would have bought one. Wish we knew how many $40 emotes did they sold.

I am invested enough in the game if they had even like 1 dollar things I would probably buy something? But everything good is like 10 bucks or more it feels like.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'd assume at this point SD has a pretty good idea what bundles do well for them. They know what fomo bundles sell and for what whales feeding the top end support.