platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Destroyer is too hard to make work

I think the best way to play Destroyer lately is as a sort of side-win-con in a deck where he's not going to be expected. A Destroyer focused deck doesn't fly presently, but some options like: A deck that looks like Armor/Cosmo is just there as a tech card. The right kind of Destroy variant with Nimrods. A deck that can claim 1 lane with professor X regularly. A deck that looks to cheat him out on turn 5 and then follow up with Knull on 6.

I haven't tried him in a Ceaira deck, but thinking about him now has me kind of tempted. Not sure how that would play out since he'd destroy her.... would order of cards hitting table matter and some of the cards she was protecting go down? Or would she be bravely sacrificing herself to protect her charges? If it's the latter... hmmmm...

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to see what impact Leech has. The game needs a severe shake up with the same 3 or so decks being at the top of the meta every week. Not sure if this will be able to accomplish that kind of shake up on its own, though.

Destroy for example has played most of its on reveals by turn 4, and Knull, buffed Deadpool, and Death are unaffected by Leech. You can hit Zola, but not all Destroy decks even play that.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I added Leech to my Sera Control deck to counter Annhilus, Patriot (also have Enchantress), Sandman, Blink and Hela decks.

So far so good. Have higher density of 4 drops than I would like and am missing old Zabu. But Leech in theory should help a lot of Sera's worst match ups.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Turn 4 Leeched a Hela deck. They ran. Damn that felt good.
Imagine if we had access to this emote:

LeechWhyyy.png

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I always try to hit infinite before the patch hits lol. Leech buff would have fucked over cannonclog.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just ran through from 93 to Infinite with an Ultron deck in the past couple of hours. It's so strong right now because most people aren't expecting it.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Jesus christ what are they doing?

Looking forward to the statement in a couple weeks "we are SHOCKED that Leech is ruining the game for 50% of matches, making the game feel very restrictive and not fun. Our big brain devs never could have foreseen this."

This is going to be a grim couple of weeks.

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
Jesus christ what are they doing?

Looking forward to the statement in a couple weeks "we are SHOCKED that Leech is ruining the game for 50% of matches, making the game feel very restrictive and not fun. Our big brain devs never could have foreseen this."

This is going to be a grim couple of weeks.

"This has really hurt Hela and Destroy decks and that just can't be. Leech is now a 6/1 card."

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they "revert" Leech and then also not touch Hela, that's going in the books as one of the most stubborn game dev moments I have seen.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So the lead in my league has 7000 points ("Blade" appropriately enough). That's, +100 points per win would mean 70 wins, though trying to add how many cubes they won in that timeframe as well (+2 would add an extra 50, -1 would remove 25), That's still sounding like some 50 wins minimum... I'm not going to chase that man.

Espicially as I imagine the leagues go up and down as well, if you win or rank high in a league, you get placed with more competitive people next time around (Maybe... I dunno if that's the case for sure, I'm just running assumptions based on how other games have handled a similar system.)

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
BTW we were talking about Destroyer earlier and one other fun thing about him is he has won me two games in a row specifically because my opponent had leeched him

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
I haven't updated yet, I blew thru the 70's with a Super Sonic deck. People just don't know how to play around Super Giant.

But I'm probably going to use some version of the old Destroyer Ongoing Deck when I do. Having Leech out there killing every On Reveal deck because they don't want to address Hela is a crazy scorched earth solution.

Natom

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't updated yet, I blew thru the 70's with a Super Sonic deck. People just don't know how to play around Super Giant.

But I'm probably going to use some version of the old Destroyer Ongoing Deck when I do. Having Leech out there killing every On Reveal deck because they don't want to address Hela is a crazy scorched earth solution.
What do you mean you haven't updated yet? New balance changes are OTA, no avoiding them.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Doing well with my Move deck, winning more games than I'm losing, still don't know when to snap though!
I also haven't figured out in what order Heimdall moves the cards... I thought the last card played in a lane would move first, but apparently not.

Middle lane was 'you can only have one card here', wanted him to move Vulture into it, but moved Iron Fist instead.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Doing well with my Move deck, winning more games than I'm losing, still don't know when to snap though!
I also haven't figured out in what order Heimdall moves the cards... I thought the last card played in a lane would move first, but apparently not.

Middle lane was 'you can only have one card here', wanted him to move Vulture into it, but moved Iron Fist instead.

I think you guessed exactly backwards and he moves cards in the order they arrived.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Got it, thanks. I was wondering why sometimes a card just won't show up!

Problem with my Move deck is that it's heavy reliant on Heimdall, and if I don't pull him I'm kinda screwed.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Problem with my Move deck is that it's heavy reliant on Heimdall, and if I don't pull him I'm kinda screwed.

That's kind of all early collection move decks I feel like. Very reliant on Heimdell, who is also super predictable and easy to counter. I think when you get a few of those cards you are missing you'll be in better spot where much of the time you choose not to play him because you have a better choice

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Ungh Sandman is slowly creeping back in again and now with his points buff its hard to beat the Doctor Doom play on turn 6. Every turn 5 snap is a Sandman drop now.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ungh Sandman is slowly creeping back in again and now with his points buff its hard to beat the Doctor Doom play on turn 6. Every turn 5 snap is a Sandman drop now.
That's why you play Leech and snap on turn 4. Since they made Sandman's text On Reveal now, it can be countered by a 4 energy Leech.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up 4th in my league, netting me a 1200g Hulk buster variant, 400 credits and 310 Legion boosters.

Admittedly the league got me to play a bit more than I usually would but still didn't play too much. Used the free booster they give you but didn't buy any more of them.

If there wasn't that p2w cloud hovering over it I don't think I'd have any problems with leagues, as it feels a bit dirty still.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
What do you mean you haven't updated yet? New balance changes are OTA, no avoiding them.
Oh shit, I thought it was patch week. I can't believe I haven't run into a single updated deck with Leech, Ultron or Klaw yet considering how much I've been playing.

A good alternative turn 6 combo is saving Strange + Juggernaut. Strange pulls your biggest power to a lane when they expect a predictable Heimdall left while Juggernaut defends a lower power lane where they might try and think they can compete or held off putting more than 9 power in the right lane, knowing where to expect your Heimdall you didn't play.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been climbing well with C2 so far. Think it helps that aside from Mystique, most if it's on reveals are done by Turn 4. Though I guess I've been fortunate not to run in Sandman much yet to block the Cerebro/Mystique combo.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Been climbing well with C2 so far. Think it helps that aside from Mystique, most if it's on reveals are done by Turn 4. Though I guess I've been fortunate not to run in Sandman much yet to block the Cerebro/Mystique combo.
Yeah it's tough to know whether to risk a Red Guardian and play your Cerebro and Mystique early or hold them and risk the Sandman.

Have you tried C2 with Psylocke and Leech yet? I'm considering it, but I wouldn't know what to cut.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I've been on the Cerebro 2 train for a few weeks, and it felt like it was really flying under the radar/fairly easy to pilot to a fair number of free wins. Having Storm + Nico to mitigate bad locations, Shadow King to mitigate Red Guardian, etc. has been pulling its weight, but the last couple of days have definitely felt like more and more matchups require really tight play to eke out the victory.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up 4th in my league, netting me a 1200g Hulk buster variant, 400 credits and 310 Legion boosters.

Admittedly the league got me to play a bit more than I usually would but still didn't play too much. Used the free booster they give you but didn't buy any more of them.

If there wasn't that p2w cloud hovering over it I don't think I'd have any problems with leagues, as it feels a bit dirty still.

Whats the price of entry for a league?

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the price of entry for a league?

It's free, I just got thrown in one 2 days ago. I am unsure how they choose your league opponents though.
The boosters are how they've monetised it. First one is free then every one after that is 200g. There is one booster to double the league points you get when you win and another so you don't lose more than the default amount of points if you lose a snapped game.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
It's free, I just got thrown in one 2 days ago. I am unsure how they choose your league opponents though.
The boosters are how they've monetised it. First one is free then every one after that is 200g. There is one booster to double the league points you get when you win and another so you don't lose more than the default amount of points if you lose a snapped game.

Well it being free to enter makes me less grumpy that it's pay to win. I don't mind other people paying for more prizes while I take my actually free extra prizes for just playing like I mostly normally would.

ThirtyFour

Oct 25, 2017
Well it being free to enter makes me less grumpy that it's pay to win. I don't mind other people paying for more prizes while I take my actually free extra prizes for just playing like I mostly normally would.

The rewards do fall off, I think it was top 6 for a premium mystery variant which was basically what I was happy to get.

Top person gets a spotlight key, premium mystery variant, 1000 credits and 310 boosters.
Next set get premium mystery variant, credits and boosters.
Bit lower get a 700g mystery variant credits and boosters.
Bit lower get credits and boosters
And the bottom set of players just get boosters.

Rusty Rascal

Sep 25, 2023
Northern Ireland

I got 2nd in mine! A mojo variant and credits etc Didn't buy any perks but played far too much as I was pushing for infinite (which I got today as well) pretty successful day in Snap for me.