• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the new Avengers movie all the roster choices and gameplay ideas start to make a little more sense. This is easily the best game to recapture the hype of the movie, not those shitty mobile games LEGO games.

It's a damn shame that it couldn't be rebranded or updated. A price reduction, new content, and some advertisement showing the connection between the 2 would have been massive for the game and the community.

Seriously, how do you fuck this up? If it's one thing the marvel community should be doing right now is bombarding both Capcom and Marvel games until they're forced to say something. Stop mashing square in that Marvel pretender and mobilize your asses.

It really is sad how well this could have tied in. The movie got me hyped again for the concept of the game on paper.

I also think if Marvel mandated the gem concept, and they had to go 2v2 as the result, it should have been an all Marvel game.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
js1ke231kvu01.jpg

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
During the development of most games, people involved are given very strict Non-Disclosure-Agreements to sign. With the way most big titles nowadays have planned post-launch content, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone involved with making MvC:I signed an NDA that wouldn't be lifted until well after launch. It's clear that Infinite was planned for greater things.

Sounds about right.

Out of every single fighting game I've ever followed pre and post-release, MVCI is easily the least talked about game by the developers. It's pretty funny how the long silence after PSX ended up leading to a huge shit storm by E3. Damn, it hurts just thinking about it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how completely radio silent they went after vanilla MvC3?

Hardly the same situation, but it's not surprising they aren't saying a word.

Zero-ELEC

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
In today's episode of "modders care more about MvCI than Marvel or Capcom", progress on Infinity War CapAm...

Last edited:

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
That art is a homage to MVC1:

Z9lp9jF.png

MVCI was the Vs game that had the least amount of promotional art compared to all of them. We got stuck with the shitty images from the character select and the victory screen. Outside of that, all we really had was the concept art. The fact that this art resembles the concept art tells me this might've been the intended artstyle. Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder if there's more artwork out there that never saw the light of day.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I do suspect Capcom had something else in mind for these character models.

That art is a homage to MVC1:

Z9lp9jF.png

MVCI was the Vs game that had the least amount of promotional art compared to all of them. We got stuck with the shitty images from the character select and the victory screen. Outside of that, all we really had was the concept art. The fact that this art resembles the concept art tells me this might've been the intended artstyle. Seeing stuff like this makes me wonder if there's more artwork out there that never saw the light of day.
I'm betting there's some almost finished cel-shader that's a switch away from working with this game. The models outline way too well for me to think otherwise. Marvel probably saw it and was nope lol, throw CA on that bitch

Zero-ELEC

Oct 25, 2017
México
Aaaand the listing got taken down.

My guess? They weren't allowed to sell it to begin with.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Also reminiscent but not nearly as good as Shinkiro's art for UMVC3. I actually have this poster framed in my place because I used to work for a used game store, and the owner asked if I wanted this poster cause he knew I was into fighting games and I took it immediately.

14_umvc3art01.jpg

Zero-ELEC

Oct 25, 2017
México
The art on the stick actually reminds me a bit of the art for SFV, forget the name of the artist. The one that does all of the character guides and endings in arcade mode.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
That UMVC3 was one of my fav images ever. Still love it.

Shinkiro did tons of artwork for TVC and MVC3. The only thing he appeared to work on for MVCI was the Captain Marvel cover with Chun-Li. This game has little to know promotional art.

There's the cover of the game. The Ultron-Sigma cover for the Steelbook. The shitty renders. The poster with Iron Man, Ryu, X, and Captain Marvel. Um....I think that's it.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also reminiscent but not nearly as good as Shinkiro's art for UMVC3. I actually have this poster framed in my place because I used to work for a used game store, and the owner asked if I wanted this poster cause he knew I was into fighting games and I took it immediately.

14_umvc3art01.jpg

Love this poster! There's different art on the other side (not as good though), I have two myself so I can display both sides lol

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Not gonna front, Infinity War got me to pick this up on a more frequent basis again. Actually kinda sorta but not really getting the hang of Winter Soldier's stance cancels.

That UMVC3 was one of my fav images ever. Still love it.

Shinkiro did tons of artwork for TVC and MVC3. The only thing he appeared to work on for MVCI was the Captain Marvel cover with Chun-Li. This game has little to know promotional art.

There's the cover of the game. The Ultron-Sigma cover for the Steelbook. The shitty renders. The poster with Iron Man, Ryu, X, and Captain Marvel. Um....I think that's it.
Friendly reminder that Capcom/Marvel was more willing to commission a promo comic for a low key UMVC3 re-release than they were for their big upcoming new entry in the series

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Friendly reminder that Capcom/Marvel was more willing to commission a promo comic for a low key UMVC3 re-release than they were for their big upcoming new entry in the series

Yeah, they really didn't seem to care about promoting this game. That reminds me: did anyone here read that MVCI comic that was exclusive to Gamestop? I think it was based on Black Panther and Hunter.

Zero-ELEC

Oct 25, 2017
México
Yeah, they really didn't seem to care about promoting this game. That reminds me: did anyone here read that MVCI comic that was exclusive to Gamestop? I think it was based on Black Panther and Hunter.
There's a couple of copies up for sale on ebay, but I've never seen the actual contents of the comic.

Fewtch is the patron saint we don't deserve.

;_;7

And somehow the Contest of Champions face looks better than the MvCI one, fuck.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With E3 just a month away, these possible teases of them working on the game is painful. Hopefully this pans out to something worthwhile. I'd like to think if it were on the smaller end (balancing, bugfixes) it would have been pushed out by now, this has been going on for several weeks.

Oct 25, 2017
With E3 just a month away, these possible teases of them working on the game is painful. Hopefully this pans out to something worthwhile. I'd like to think if it were on the smaller end (balancing, bugfixes) it would have been pushed out by now, this has been going on for several weeks.

It appears that the only fighting game Capcom's bringing to E3 this year is for PS4 and PC, ie Street Fighter V.

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It appears that the only fighting game Capcom's bringing to E3 this year is for PS4 and PC, ie Street Fighter V.

Unless Sony helped fund the Ultimate version *tinfoil hat*

Really though, yes it's best to keep expectations very low. Any major update, or an appearance by this game at E3 would apparently be a huge surprise that nobody knows about. These steam updates are just driving me nuts.

Zero-ELEC

Oct 25, 2017
México
I wouldn't call these teases is the thing.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Nah, Mahvel is dead. It's been dead since the start of the year but I kept getting my hopes up thanks to a few of you in this thread. We just gotta let it go (not the game! It's fun!).

ZeroCDR

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call these teases is the thing.

I mean, they're definitely working with the Steam version of the game. We don't know why, what for, if it will even see the light of day, but they are. Multiple updates of builds over the span of several weeks is teasing some kind of support, whether it's bugfixes or what. Not intentionally teasing of course, but I don't feel out of line there.

Nah, Mahvel is dead. It's been dead since the start of the year but I kept getting my hopes up thanks to a few of you in this thread. We just gotta let it go (not the game! It's fun!).

What little is left of my hope train completely derails at E3 if nothing is announced, but even now my expectations are very low between that and whatever these Steam updates are.

Last edited:

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Wouldn't it be amazing if this data we're looking at is actually...Wolverine, Cyclops, Star-Lord, Asura, Lady, Green Goblin, Loki, Akuma, graphical updates, Arcade Mode endings, and various other content?

Lemme stop....

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Wouldn't it be amazing if this data we're looking at is actually...Wolverine, Cyclops, Star-Lord, Asura, Lady, Green Goblin, Loki, Akuma, graphical updates, Arcade Mode endings, and various other content?

Lemme stop....

I think like most people said, if by E3 there's nothing then the game is dead and buried from a support side of things. I'd say there's a 5% chance of it happening, but given all the negativity and hatred surrounding the game I think Capcom and Marvel might feel that just abandoning it is their best course of action.

Sad part is they're wrong, but we're not being vocal enough about it for them to take notice or care. The negativity drowns out any positives people say about the game.

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
:(

Hmm

With that said, why the hell would we get an update if the game is "dead"? Is the update live on PS4? I'll check it out.

Zero-ELEC

Oct 25, 2017
México
I think like most people said, if by E3 there's nothing then the game is dead and buried from a support side of things.
I've seen people claim that the game will receive an update PSX 2018 or around Avengers 4. The year will be 2036 and people will still be holding out hope for Season 2.
With that said, why the hell would we get an update if the game is "dead"? Is the update live on PS4? I'll check it out.
There's no update. There's new branches on Steam's server side.

There has not been an update since February.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Found this today, either forgot or never saw it up until now, there was some art for the game that looked pretty sweet...

23_con23.jpg