Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I finally caught up, only to see on the schedule with less than an hour to go that there wasn't a new one this week. Bleh.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Turns out, that Captain Marvel had a little bit of a "crossover" from Agents of Shield. Marcus Daniels is seen attending the bar Carol Danvers and Nick Fury visits in the movie. He later turned into "Blackout," the villain of Season 1 Episode 19 "The Only Light In the Darkness".

Agents of Shield S01E19:
aos1a1kzg.jpg

Captain Marvel:
aos2vnjf9.jpg

That's cool

Canon confirmed =P

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I like Deke playing the dumb tech bro but sneaking in little humanitarian bits and doing smart shit here and there.

Also, this is two episodes now where we have crews hunting down people that "don't belong." In both storylines.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'm good with goofs in the show but it was a weird tonal shift to go between clowning on social media influencers in one scene to gross body horror stuff in the next. Love me some Deke, but getting whiplash these last few episodes being jerked between light hearted comedy and what are pretty dire, life or death situations
I've felt the show could definitely use a bit more levity at times and felt the show missed the presence of more comedic character since Hunter left the show, but it feels like the last couple episodes have veered into straight up campy. It doesn't feel like a natural balance to the show at all.

I feel myself just totally losing interest this season, it already feels like it lost it's way, which is a bummer since Season 4 was possibly the best superhero show season I recall.

trikster40

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This season seems to have gone off the rails. Each week, I feel like I missed something. I'll be glad when they start giving some explanations as to what the heck's going on.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This season seems to have gone off the rails. Each week, I feel like I missed something. I'll be glad when they start giving some explanations as to what the heck's going on.
Nega-Coulson and others are looking for the zombie butterflies and destroying planets if necessary.

Deke and Fitz are being flagged because they are anomalies in the current timeline.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
This season is really light hearted compare to season 4 and 5.
I really prefer the tension that season 4 and 5 had.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Nega-Coulson and others are looking for the zombie butterflies and destroying planets if necessary.

Deke and Fitz are being flagged because they are anomalies in the current timeline.
Fitz being the same type of target is strange, because this Fitz has never time traveled or anything. The one that is out of place in the timeline is already dead.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fitz being the same type of target is strange, because this Fitz has never time traveled or anything. The one that is out of place in the timeline is already dead.

They're both still Fitz and track as anomalies the second the future Fitz came back.

Honestly I think it's lucky as hell that the time travel rules of Agents of SHIELD seem to track with the time travel rules of Endgame.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
If I remember, the assassin just says that Fitz isn't supposed to be "here." Right? I could be wrong, and I'm not going back to check right now, but that's what I recall. Regardless of wording, what I got from the assassin is that the cycle is broken. Future Fitz is supposed to be dead and Present Fitz is supposed to be asleep. He isn't supposed to be where he is. None of them are, and as such are anomalies, but Fitz in particular is the part that's unclear. Deke makes complete sense since he's the only remnant of a future that no longer exists, but Fitz is still technically anomalous, because he's not supposed to be interacting with anything. He's supposed to be out of the game, floating around Jupiter for 99 years, or as Enoch stated, another 73. Fitz being around and doing things and being an actual player and influencer during a period of time when he originally was not is what's causing "problems" and for him to be seen as an anomaly.

However, the rest of the crew is fine because they were all technically alive and were, I guess the best way to describe it would be "considered active players" during this time, so they aren't anomalous, therefore aren't targeted.

OR, a better way to look at it is that there technically should be two Fitz's: the Future Fitz should be alive, and active and should be the Present Fitz, and then the Past Fitz, who should also be the Present Fitz, should be inactive. But now Future Fitz is dead and Past Fitz is active and there is only one Fitz and the wrong one is active and the other is not only inactive, but completely dead and "non-existent."

Last edited:

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just remembered there's a new episode tonight! So excited, two weeks felt like another eternity. :'D

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
The Other Thing
Sarge has May; Altarah has Daisy, Enoch and Simmons; two planets need saving.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
does the music seem way louder than the dialogue to anyone else? I couldn't hear half of the YoYo-Mack conversation

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, would be breaking some legs right there

Time to get the knife

Damn that's nasty, even a second time.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Wait a sec

Before tonight, all we knew is that a dying Coulson lived out his final days with May in Tahiti, and that she was forced to watch him die. However, tonight's episode appeared to reveal that she's actually the one who killed him! Through flashbacks, it seems that May put something in Coulson's drink, presumably so he could drift to sleep rather than die painfully.

I did not pick up on that. Holy shit

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode, glad that Fitz and Simmons are finally more or less, whereas Daisy and co. are back on Earth. Some major plot revelations too with both subplots.

Also my god, May has kicked Sarge and his team's ass so many times at this point. It never gets old either lol, though it's probably for the best that all of them have gotten captured.

And the new agent from last week's episode seems to be a recurring character, neat

B R U H

That would make a rather fitting parallel with how Yo-Yo and the new doctor were both were forced to kill their loved ones in order to spare them from anymore pain...