• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have a question about the monoliths though. We know the first one that caused Simmons to go to Maveth was destroyed. But we saw 3 in the lighthouse again when they returned from the future. And all 3 got destroyed.

So I wonder whether there were actually 4? Or a continuity error? And what will Izel do when she discovers there were all destroyed?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Anything in particular?

I think I really like it. I think it looks really cool and fits well with her look and with the the gradual build up of her look with the gauntlets and everything. I also like the touches of purple in it too.

I don't know, the look feels more like a cosplayer then a real outfit. Maybe its the brightness, I liked her outfit in the earlier seasons which felt grounded and spy orientated.

latest

It's just my opinion, of course. :)

Last edited:

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Okay - so the last episode has a theory I've been cooking up feel closer. What if this whole mess is because of FitzSimmons figuring out time travel? What if Chronicoms are actually the descendants of LMDs? Sarge is a version of Coulson that FitzSimmons created for...reasons.

I should disclose I may have eaten a puffy or 2...

Do LMDs have DNA? And does it match the person they're based on exactly? I really don't know, but they did already say Sarge matched Coulson's DNA.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Daisy just looks out of place. She spends a year in space and looks like something out of a magazine cover, and also looks perfect on Sarge's gritty truck.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Hive could've been a hard counter to Izel #HiveShouldveLived
I'm starting to think Coulson is either Sarge due to that 3rd monolith giving him life and a Tahiti like mind wipe, or that the crew will rescue real Phil using said monolith. Either way, that monolith will have something to do with AC returning.

I refuse to believe Coulson won't return.
Well, let's look at this:

-The time monolith traveled the team specifically 100 years into the future. Coulson says he's 100 years older than them. Granted, it's obviously just a number he picked, but it's a number of note.
-Benson says that hypothetically, the third stone controls life and death. Izel says that that the stones let her, and correct me if I'm wrong on the word she uses, "travel between space and time and -- " before she was cut off by Fitz and Simmons. So she lists the abilities of two separate stones, and then was about to list the third stone before interruption. She specifically says she can use it to "travel between" something. Again, correct me on that, but that's what I recall. Could be dimensions, could be life and death.
-It's not really specified what Izel is yet. She's an alien of some kind, but she's a creator of some kind of race. The Kree created Inhumans, but as modified humans and using experiments. Izel seems to create Shrike from...what, exactly? We don't see them reproduce, just make crystals. Sarge doesn't say anything about them like that other than a Creator. All we see her do is open her hands and POOF, she has one. So where do they come from?
-They state that she emerged from a dimension of fear and space, I believel. When the monoliths blew up, they created a rift that opened up to a fear dimension. Did they release Izel again? And perhaps a Coulson copy?
True, Snow's fun to watch. Does anyone else think she's like Cupid from Arrow?
Except a good character because no one pretends like she's anything other than crazy? Except Deke because he's lonely.
Do LMDs have DNA? And does it match the person they're based on exactly? I really don't know, but they did already say Sarge matched Coulson's DNA.
Once you take away like a shitload of radioactive isotopes or something like that.
I have a question about the monoliths though. We know the first one that caused Simmons to go to Maveth was destroyed. But we saw 3 in the lighthouse again when they returned from the future. And all 3 got destroyed.

So I wonder whether there were actually 4? Or a continuity error? And what will Izel do when she discovers there were all destroyed?
Good question!

One I've asked myself!

When they went back in time, they brought that stuff back into the basement, all three monoliths were there, including the time monolith that technically had already been used which means Enoch had brought it back. The space one, which was connected to Maveth, was never confirmed to have been destroyed, but the castle collapsed on top of where it was while it was in it's portal state. I supposed it is possible that it reconstituted and it is possible that it became solid and it is possible that someone went and recovered it and brought it back. Enoch, for example. Though why he would is inexplicable right now since his sole goal was preservation of the human race which required the time monolith and he already had that. SHIELD, perhaps, but Coulson was unaware of the Lighthouse. Hydra, but all that was left was Hale and she knew nothing of the Lighthouse either. Talbot? Again, unaware of the Lighthouse. Fury is all that's really left and his motives are always mysterious, but it's not like he knew what the fuck was going on.

Last edited:

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hive could've been a hard counter to Izel #HiveShouldveLived

Well, let's look at this:

-The time monolith traveled the team specifically 100 years into the future. Coulson says he's 100 years older than them. Granted, it's obviously just a number he picked, but it's a number of note.
-Benson says that hypothetically, the third stone controls life and death. Izel says that that the stones let her, and correct me if I'm wrong on the word she uses, "travel between space and time and -- " before she was cut off by Fitz and Simmons. So she lists the abilities of two separate stones, and then was about to list the third stone before interruption. She specifically says she can use it to "travel between" something. Again, correct me on that, but that's what I recall. Could be dimensions, could be life and death.
-It's not really specified what Izel is yet. She's an alien of some kind, but she's a creator of some kind of race. The Kree created Inhumans, but as modified humans and using experiments. Izel seems to create Shrike from...what, exactly? We don't see them reproduce, just make crystals. Sarge doesn't say anything about them like that other than a Creator. All we see her do is open her hands and POOF, she has one. So where do they come from?
-They state that she emerged from a dimension of fear and space, I believel. When the monoliths blew up, they created a rift that opened up to a fear dimension. Did they release Izel again? And perhaps a Coulson copy?

Except a good character because no one pretends like she's anything other than crazy? Except Deke because he's lonely.

Once you take away like a shitload of radioactive isotopes or something like that.

Good question!

One I've asked myself!

When they went back in time, they brought that stuff back into the basement, all three monoliths were there, including the time monolith that technically had already been used which means Enoch had brought it back. The space one, which was connected to Maveth, was never confirmed to have been destroyed, but the castle collapsed on top of where it was while it was in it's portal state. I supposed it is possible that it reconstituted and it is possible that it became solid and it is possible that someone went and recovered it and brought it back. Enoch, for example. Though why he would is inexplicable right now since his sole goal was preservation of the human race which required the time monolith and he already had that. SHIELD, perhaps, but Coulson was unaware of the Lighthouse. Hydra, but all that was left was Hale and she knew nothing of the Lighthouse either. Talbot? Again, unaware of the Lighthouse. Fury is all that's really left and his motives are always mysterious, but it's not like he knew what the fuck was going on.

It could be that Izel is bored from the fear dimension created by the explosion of the 3 monoliths and she time travelled backwards but it will require brain twisting shennagins since it would be the monoliths created themselves. Or that the fear dimension existed even before the explosion but the gateway was created when the explosion happened. Maybe she just wants to go home and Fitz has to create a time travel machine, go to the alternate future to get Flint and bring him here to gather the exploded parts of the 3 monoliths and reform them.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
It could be that Izel is bored from the fear dimension created by the explosion of the 3 monoliths and she time travelled backwards but it will require brain twisting shennagins since it would be the monoliths created themselves. Or that the fear dimension existed even before the explosion but the gateway was created when the explosion happened. Maybe she just wants to go home and Fitz has to create a time travel machine, go to the alternate future to get Flint and bring him here to gather the exploded parts of the 3 monoliths and reform them.
Based on what we know, we can assume this stuff isn't a recent thing. Maybe I missed it, I don't think Sarge specified how long he's been chasing Izel. Just "awhile" or "for a long time" probably. So the Fear Dimension Theory is out unless it caused a time ripple of some sort, which it could have. I doubt everything that happened to Sarge and his crew happened in a year. The actual space travel alone would've taken super long, and it wasn't specified how he tracks which planet the Shrike go to next, just how they track them on that planet.

I'm betting that they'll end up back inside that dimension though.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Based on what we know, we can assume this stuff isn't a recent thing. Maybe I missed it, I don't think Sarge specified how long he's been chasing Izel. Just "awhile" or "for a long time" probably. So the Fear Dimension Theory is out unless it caused a time ripple of some sort, which it could have. I doubt everything that happened to Sarge and his crew happened in a year. The actual space travel alone would've taken super long, and it wasn't specified how he tracks which planet the Shrike go to next, just how they track them on that planet.

I'm betting that they'll end up back inside that dimension though.

Then FitzSimmons can get married in there this time lol.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been late to the party with this season but caught up these last couple of days and absolutely loving it so far.

Really interesting to see where they are going to take it considering there are quite a lot of possibilities at the moment.

Hikari_Ryu

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I don't know if they are really gonna bring back Coulson. I think Sarge is there more as a device for everyone to get over Coulson's death, something they didn't really had a lot of time to deal with because of how sudden it was. Clearly Mack is dealing with the fact that he wants to be a good leader like Coulson was, but he's stuck trying to be like him. Him beating Sarge in the end will show he is over being in Coulson's shadow and he's going to be his own kind of Director.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My theory of FitzSimmons accidentally creating the Shreik while trying to recreate the monolith isn't going so well now.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if they are really gonna bring back Coulson. I think Sarge is there more as a device for everyone to get over Coulson's death, something they didn't really had a lot of time to deal with because of how sudden it was. Clearly Mack is dealing with the fact that he wants to be a good leader like Coulson was, but he's stuck trying to be like him. Him beating Sarge in the end will show he is over being in Coulson's shadow and he's going to be his own kind of Director.
True.
It's too bad no one with hell powers is around to assist.
If ONLY there was someone they knew

But even if they did, they can't contact them

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do people think the Chromulans (sp?) will use Fitzsimmons mind copies and stumble on the darkhold and use that to create time travel but fuck everything up?

Figure there might be a reason they showed it.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Do people think the Chromulans (sp?) will use Fitzsimmons mind copies and stumble on the darkhold and use that to create time travel but fuck everything up?

Nah. Darkhold was purely comedic. FitzSimmons have no idea how the book even works anyways. I mean, they do, but they don't. They know you read it and it shows you what you want to know and corrupts your mind, but they don't know HOW it shows it to you and HOW it corrupts your mind. So there's no way to fabricate it. Now this could cause the Chronicoms to go to Earth in search for it, but that plot beat seemed to mean "we don't need to go to Earth because we have their minds." When the Chronicoms end up as a part of this conflict again, it won't be trying to recapture FitzSimmons, it'll be an attempt to try to kill Izel OR they'll have "accidentally" popped up on Earth

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah
Nah. Darkhold was purely comedic. FitzSimmons have no idea how the book even works anyways. I mean, they do, but they don't. They know you read it and it shows you what you want to know and corrupts your mind, but they don't know HOW it shows it to you and HOW it corrupts your mind. So there's no way to fabricate it. Now this could cause the Chronicoms to go to Earth in search for it, but that plot beat seemed to mean "we don't need to go to Earth because we have their minds." When the Chronicoms end up as a part of this conflict again, it won't be trying to recapture FitzSimmons, it'll be an attempt to try to kill Izel OR they'll have "accidentally" popped up on Earth
Yeah probably more how you said, I was thinking that the machine simply created things they knew but I suppose they would just think up the time travel monolith if they could and use it.

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to get back into this. Stopped at Season 4's first episode.

Did the snap make this series non-canon?

There is a chance that they will be back in canon based on how they have implied a multiverse. They might swing back at the end by saying time travel shenanigans made everything change since the show now takes place in a branching timeline. However, a branching timeline is pretty much non-canon anyways so it doesn't matter too much.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

I think they will find a way to control the real ones or even unleash their evil selves so they become the big bad in season 6.5

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
What was Izel's reasoning for sparing FitzSimmons from getting infected with Shrike? As soon as the ship was near her destination (Earth), she started to take over the rest of the crew except for those two. Did she have other plans for them? I definitely don't want to see neither of them turn into Shrike-Zombie, but makes you wonder.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah

Yeah probably more how you said, I was thinking that the machine simply created things they knew but I suppose they would just think up the time travel monolith if they could and use it.
So, the thing is that the fabrication aspect only works within the whole mindscape or whatever you want to call it. I definitely think that the importance of having their minds means that the Chronicoms will probably end up getting merged with their evil versions.

It would continue to fit with the series' theme of always fighting threats from within. This season's threat has been extremely external.
What was Izel's reasoning for sparing FitzSimmons from getting infected with Shrike? As soon as the ship was near her destination (Earth), she started to take over the rest of the crew except for those two. Did she have other plans for them? I definitely don't want to see neither of them turn into Shrike-Zombie, but makes you wonder.
Guiding the ship to Earth, I assume.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just speculating, but if I was her I would probably wait to brainwash the two smartest people on the ship if said ship had to go through re-entry and was barely holding together, and said smart people want to help you with your goals and they also can't communicate with anyone outside the ship anyways.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just speculating, but if I was her I would probably wait to brainwash the two smartest people on the ship if said ship had to go through re-entry and was barely holding together, and said smart people want to help you with your goals and they also can't communicate with anyone outside the ship anyways.
Also this. Her Shrike peeps seem fairly single-minded.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Collision Course (Part II)
There's no time for the team to play catch-up when there's a planet to save.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
almost caught me slipping but i happened to be scrolling through the guide and saw AoS