• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
ABC wanted to cancel it at the end of last season, but Disney pulled rank to keep it on the air. This is definitely the last season.

To clarify, there were people are ABC who wanted to cancel it, not everyone. There was debate. Disney then stepped in and pushed them to renew, basically settling the argument. It was not a definitive cancelation before Disney.

It's also not "definitely" the last season. People said that last year too. If it can give ABC a solid Friday night, who knows? (Or if Disney pushes for another season again -- the show creates characters for them that they use in marketing. It makes them money. Quake and Ghost Rider, for example, have been put into numerous video games because of this show being on the air.)

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was admittedly down on AoS during S3 after two good seasons, but S4 was so amazing I now can't wait for the 5th.

Season4 had some of the best stuff seen in the entire MCU bar none, and Iain de Caestecker was downright monumental imo.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was admittedly down on AoS during S3 after two good seasons, but S4 was so amazing I now can't wait for the 5th.

Season4 had some of the best stuf een in the entire MCU bar none, and Iain de Caestecker was downright monumental imo.
was in the same boat. S3 was so fucking trash and turn me off from the show but I'm watching S4 on netflix after the praise it has gotten.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
What the shit, thats Star lord except with blue lights and squarer eyes. Even has the jacket, come on could have done better than that.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Feel so out of the loop. This show actually got gud? Stopped watching pretty much all the broadcast superhero shows in the last couple of years.
Picked up right at Winter Soldier, was pretty meh before.

Plenty of great story arcs afterwards, Ghost Rider was great last season.

And we must never forget

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What the shit, thats Star lord except with blue lights and squarer eyes. Even has the jacket, come on could have done better than that.

Yeah, it is kinda weird. Wonder how that character will pan out, but it surely looks a lot like Star-Lord.
The guy is Deke:

Deke is the ultimate survivor and roguish scavenger, the guy who can get people what they need, but at a price of his asking. With his sharp mind and quick wit, he is both a real asset in a tight spot and a hard man to trust.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
I watched that scene like 12 times that night. The smile didn't leave my face for days.

It was made especially awesome because DD1 premiered on Netflix literally the week (or two) before this episode. I think someone even made an awesome gif of "don't screw with orphans from Saint Agnes" showing both Matt and Daisy kicking ass.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I want to say the alien is a Dire Wraith, cousins to Skrulls just as a lead in to Cosmic Marvel

GaijinZero

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Fukuoka, Japan
That's it! I'm binge watching season 4 now. I gave up towards the end of season 3 for some reason and just never got back to it. That Inhuman stuff started promisingly enough, but then it just sort of fizzled out... kind of like the books XD

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's it! I'm binge watching season 4 now. I gave up towards the end of season 3 for some reason and just never got back to it. That Inhuman stuff started promisingly enough, but then it just sort of fizzled out... kind of like the books XD
Enjoy one of the very best seasons of any TV show in the past decade.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Yes!
I'm glad they pushed forward the premiere of the new season, looking hot, hopefully it can maintain some of the momentum of the fantastic S4.

Also, I'm totally betting this "Deke" is
Jack Flag

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So - the Agents of SHIELD join the Space Knights in their fight against the Dire Wraiths and also the Kree?

Spongebob

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a lot of fun. I hope the budget allows them to do this justice. Also, that joke at the end, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish Marvel would own S.W.O.R.D.S so it'd be perfect fit for Season 5. I just don't understand why they can't allow to merge with Shield because of own rights to FOX or something?

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish Marvel would own S.W.O.R.D.S so it'd be perfect fit for Season 5. I just don't understand why they can't allow to merge with Shield because of own rights to FOX or something?

SWORD was introduced in Joss Whedon and John Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men run, making them part of the X-Men property. Their director, Abigail Brand, is a Mutant/Alien hybrid who is romantically involved with Beast.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So, AoS starts on December 1st, and runs 22 weeks, right? They've said that it's a non-stop run, so that puts the last three episodes of the season on April 20, April 27, and May 4. If they decided that this will also be the series finale, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to decide to tie it in with Infinity War, which hits on AoS's penultimate week.

AoS started with the #itsallconnected pretty solidly, with Fury and Hill showing up, and the story tie-in with Winter Soldier. Seasons 2-4 it sort of tossed that all aside, but it might be cool for it to fold back in for the end of Season 5, and, if it takes place off-world, it wouldn't have to impact anything directly happening in the movies. It could also give the entire SHIELD team a pretty clean ending...for instance, we know Thanos has four members of the Black Order in IW...AoS could play with Supergiant as the big bad, ending in a cool bit of mutual destruction.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
There'll be a few breaks, it'll run through the middle to end of May I think.

Oct 25, 2017
People keep seriously suggesting Gotham is a good show. That shit is hilarious.
tumblr_oyi0fg9w121slmv43o9_400.gif

Gotham is great because of how ridiculous it can be while maintaining definitive versions of characters and incredible production design.
At worst the writing post S1 is acceptable and you certainly won't ever guess where that show is going episode to episode.