• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 30, 2018
Don't people know you can press the screen and it won't overexpose your video

How do people like this get invited to press events

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Really bad footage to try and be judging a take off of, but yeah this looks like the same shallow 3rd person cinematic gameplay people seek to love so much, which is disappointing. Cap air combos looked cool at least.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who got to see this in-person, it's not surprising that they kept this behind closed doors.

It looks pretty good at points, but pretty rough and definitely pre-alpha looking at other points. I think it showcased some good cinematic action, like Uncharted, and showcases some interesting action and moves, but I don't think it's good showcase of the game given what they've talked about the actual game is supposed to be about. There is basically no co-op action or even a hint of what actual co-op will look like since characters are separated from one another throughout, and it's unclear how mixing your team will work when all the setpieces seem very linear and scripted for specific characters and even how move sets will work or if you can only do certain moves in certain context or whether you'll always have access to certain moves.

I think it was just way too early to show off since I don't think it shows the game in the best light and it would have been even worse if the direct feed footage released as is because the internet would have torn the game apart because of it's flaws. If you thought people made a big deal about some of the wonky faces and hair and costumes, there are definitely moments where you need to be very much reminded this is an unfinished game, but the internet wouldn't care.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
God, that is some potato quality. All I'm seeing is a white screen with occasional flashes, lol.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Man, there are a lot of red flags popping up whenever I get a deeper look into this game. I am very concerned about this title.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who got to see this in-person, it's not surprising that they kept this behind closed doors.

It looks pretty good at points, but pretty rough and definitely pre-alpha looking at other points. I think it showcased some good cinematic action, like Uncharted, and showcases some interesting action and moves, but I don't think it's good showcase of the game given what they've talked about the actual game is supposed to be about. There is basically no co-op action or even a hint of what actual co-op will look like since characters are separated from one another throughout, and it's unclear how mixing your team will work when all the setpieces seem very linear and scripted for specific characters and even how move sets will work or if you can only do certain moves in certain context or whether you'll always have access to certain moves.

I think it was just way too early to show off since I don't think it shows the game in the best light and it would have been even worse if the direct feed footage released as is because the internet would have torn the game apart because of it's flaws. If you thought people made a big deal about some of the wonky faces and hair and costumes, there are definitely moments where you need to be very much reminded this is an unfinished game, but the internet wouldn't care.

Thanks for the impressions, and yeah I think the vast majority of people want to see the meat of the game aka co-op/multiplayer gameplay and it sounds like it is just too early for them to show from what you wrote. Maybe they should have just waited another 6 months to reveal this.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the impressions, and yeah I think the vast majority of people want to see the meat of the game aka co-op/multiplayer gameplay and it sounds like it is just too early for them to show from what you wrote. Maybe they should have just waited another 6 months to reveal this.

Hard to argue against riding the E3 marketing wave, and the official trailers right now are getting very good traction. Hopefully by the time they release actual gameplay footage, it'll look more polished overall.

SamWilson

Alt account
Banned
Mar 14, 2019
Most gamers/viewers aren't well versed in how game development works and will attack a company if it looks janky unfortunately.

I think the point is that if you're trying to get people to drop $60 on a preorder (unrefundable on many digital stores), you should be confidant enough to at least show them SOME kind of gameplay.

Oct 27, 2017

Yep saw it behind closed doors as well. Definitely too rough to show everyone in particular the frames. With that said I really enjoyed watching it. It looks really fun and can't believe they pulled off the look of San Francisco so well in the background. The biggest gripe myself and others had was the voice acting and writing. Some really cringe stuff in there

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Don't know how people can dismiss this game based on some potato quality footage of what (most likely) is the very beginning of the game.

The trailer definitely was a hype killer, but I'll wait to (actually) see some gameplay.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty cool from what I can make out.

Why didn't they just show this?

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably just an intro/tutorial sequence to get players acclimated with the gameplay. People out here judging it like this is how the entire game will be. SMH

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
People really should read the q&a about the game. This is from the single player only tutorial campaign, which is why it's so scripted. The main meat of the game, the coop part, apparently won't be like this.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People really should read the q&a about the game. This is from the single player only tutorial campaign, which is why it's so scripted. The main meat of the game, the coop part, apparently won't be like this.

Which is right here! :D

www.resetera.com

Marvel's Avengers Q&A details

Q&A video posted from the official Twitter account. Clears up some confusion about RPG systems/open world. Adj_noun's transcript is way better than mine, using that instead. Second Q&A added Transcript courtesy of Adj_noun yet again, thank you. 3rd Q&A

Quan

Oct 28, 2017
I actually kind of liked what I saw, at least for what is supposedly a really early build of the game. The whole Taskmaster fight was pretty cool.

I think my biggest gripe is the choice of voice actors. Troy, Nolan and Laura have each given us some great performances, but at this point it's just getting a little ridiculous hearing them in everything. During that final fight all I could think was, "Damn, Laura Bailey is kicking the shit out of Taskmaster."

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't see enough to tell whether it's good or not. It looks like a decent third person action game for sure without any outstanding flaws, but the video quality is horrible. I remember doing a video with a 2005 or so cheap camera in 2007 on a CTR screen playing a game and it was hell a lot more clear than this. Ffs.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Not being a fan of the source material, I like what I am seeing. Got to say, seems like the trailer is the graphics we are getting in gameplay. Looks damn good, quite a bit better than Tomb Raider overall.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I have already played the best Captain America game

gallery-1498838190-god-of-war-combat.gif

the best thor game!!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
The irony of Crystal Dynamics developing a game and giving Black Widow dual pistols.

Game looks good, though. I don't know what people expect from an Avengers game, seems par for the course. Curious to see how the GaaS stuff will play into this. But it looks like it would be fun. Not fantastic, but fun.