Which platform are you playing Marvel's Avengers on?

• PS4/PS5

Votes: 1,266 41.2%
  • Xbox One/Xbox Series X

Votes: 285 9.3%
  • PC (Steam/Stadia)

Votes: 420 13.7%
  • I'm not planning on playing the game/Don't know yet

Votes: 1,194 38.9%

• Total voters

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
Is something wrong with my game? How can I be level 50 and have a lower power level than someone level 35, and my loot drops are also below my level..
Loot drops are based on your highest level, so I've been power leveling most of my loot and got lucky with the gear store which had some high power loot that helps drop more good loot in game. Also I play most missions where I am about 5 to 10 under the level required. Even those were I am equal or slightly over I get drops that are same or maybe 1 up. Important to level up your loot.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Is something wrong with my game? How can I be level 50 and have a lower power level than someone level 35, and my loot drops are also below my level..
Have you spent a lot of time in the HARM room gaining XP but dropping zero loot? Or are you saving up all your resoruces for some reason? I saw people say hoarding resources was the way to go early in this thread, but even during the beta it seemed like a bad idea as pushing up your item levels promotes higher drops faster. I've burned my resources every chance possible and my main character is just at level 50 and gear is well over 100 in every slot, even after spending a little time in the HARM room to unlock a couple of skills.

Loot drops are based on your highest level, so I've been power leveling most of my loot and got lucky with the gear store which had some high power loot that helps drop more good loot in game.
You were able to buy items from the in-game vendor that were significantly above your power level? Is that a glitch/bug? Everythign I've seen the few times I looked seemed pretty much at level and a waste of resources.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Actually really enjoying the campaign more than I thought, was wondering how it got bad reviews. Then I saw the marketplace, that's soo egregious. Charging $14 for a skin... you aren't a free to play game brooo.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
[
You were able to buy items from the in-game vendor that were significantly above your power level? Is that a glitch/bug? Everythign I've seen the few times I looked seemed pretty much at level and a waste of resources.
Is was weird, when I am iron man at power 40 most loot was average. When I was ms marvel level 12 in the campaign, I found a legendary reactor for iron man power level 80 in the gear shop, that helped push me up. Plus upgrade I was basically a level 10 iron man with a single power level 90 item. But I jumped from 40 to 85 within 3 hours of doing missions with iron man once I got that item

Now I hardly see anything worthwhile in the stores. Also doing missions with certain loot rewards, such as guaranteed iron man legendary drop, is good as I got a 107 chestpeice when I was around 100.

Oct 28, 2017
Why do the marketplace take downs have to be so much money. Some really good looking ones on it but man are they overpriced.

Must resist!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking still is abit busted right? I always need to disable it first and then enable it to get it going. And i never find a full team. Always 1 or 2 and still need to wait a while also.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Honestly I bet marketplace sales are kinda low at these price points and I wouldn't be all that surprised if a change in pricing tactics happens eventually. 1 million skins sold at $/€5 is way more profitable than 100,000 skins at $/€14 after all.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
JpXF46F.jpg

Yikes. It really starts to be unplayable.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
What mission is good for the last part of the Iconic mission of Iron Man. You need to collect decoders and deferat Dreadbots

Bauer91

Oct 26, 2017
Wish I didn't spend resources leveling up the "wrong" major artifact to 5. I need 100 more of that currency to get the "right" major artifact to 10 and then my Captain America will go from 148 power to 150, max. The problem is you're limited with how much of those materials you can farm daily because they're tied to the daily faction challenges.. I've actually found a way around it but not sure if I should mess with it.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What mission is good for the last part of the Iconic mission of Iron Man. You need to collect decoders and deferat Dreadbots

I think it's called Enter the Avengers? the one in the city. There's dreadbots in the streets just before the first checkpoint, just fly around and you'll find atleast two. And lots of robots with shields in the firsts ??? coffers which drops decoders.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bad at playing as Iron Man but he does so much fuckin damage despite my clumsiness. I shudder to think what an actually good player could do with him. Iron Man is a fuckin monster. Also that void eater skin is so cool.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
like i gotta say, the whole "the AI you play with are your actual characters" thing just feels like SO good
you can really feel your team becoming stronger and stronger
and the AI using the skills you unlocked for them is really obvious too
once you give people heroic orb creation and such, the battlefield is just full of them
also i kinda feel like the Ai gets "smarter" the more skills they can use
i've seen my team be WAY more aggressive and absolutely destroy enemies without me even helping

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so bad at playing as Iron Man but he does so much fuckin damage despite my clumsiness. I shudder to think what an actually good player could do with him. Iron Man is a fuckin monster. Also that void eater skin is so cool.
Same.
I simply can't stay alive as him, even on easy, yet everyone else so far is amazing to play as.

I also, really, really fucking hate manual aiming at turrets whilst a ton of shit is going on around me that I'm needing to actively avoid and dodge. There needs to be some kind of hold L1 to aim and then auto targeting for that set up, manually moving the analogue stick is widely inconsistent.

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Matchmaking still is abit busted right? I always need to disable it first and then enable it to get it going. And i never find a full team. Always 1 or 2 and still need to wait a while also.

I have the exact same problem.

When I do have players as teammates, bosses end up missing, players stood there and did nothing for 6 min, or level breaking glitches occurred that forced me to either go back to quinjet or main screen.

I was actually able to beat the last campaign level last night with Cap at normal difficulty. Have mercy was it hard... nearly snapped my controller in two. I was totally shocked by the
Sentinel look-a-like
at the end.

Oct 28, 2017
Have you spent a lot of time in the HARM room gaining XP but dropping zero loot? Or are you saving up all your resoruces for some reason? I saw people say hoarding resources was the way to go early in this thread, but even during the beta it seemed like a bad idea as pushing up your item levels promotes higher drops faster. I've burned my resources every chance possible and my main character is just at level 50 and gear is well over 100 in every slot, even after spending a little time in the HARM room to unlock a couple of skills.

I didn't grind the HARM room or anything like that, but also haven't been upgrading my gear. It gets replaced so frequently it feels like there's no point in upgrading it past those initial 1/2 upgrades to get the unlocks. I also saw a video with a guy testing his gear drops after upgrading everything to the max and it didn't change anything.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't grind the HARM room or anything like that, but also haven't been upgrading my gear. It gets replaced so frequently it feels like there's no point in upgrading it past those initial 1/2 upgrades to get the unlocks. I also saw a video with a guy testing his gear drops after upgrading everything to the max and it didn't change anything.
You don't need to upgrade your gear for better drops. It's all rng. On hitting level 50, my Kamala ended up with PL 75, Cap at 85 and Thor at 100-ish. I was just playing quickmatches for 90% of the time with all 3 of them. Sometimes you get good drops and sometimes you don't.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
For people that ran the Megahive multiple times, did you guys atleast got always a piece of hero-specific gear every clear? the ones that enhances skills of your character.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When do you unlock mega hives? I think I still haven't seen one despite having a char on 140 and almost everything else basically done.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind this game, it's just that stupid shit jank and sometimes I have no idea where things are because the up button is not showing me where to go lol.

I am still power level like 10-15, so I have a long way to go to keep unlocking. The combat can be pretty fun though.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Well I mean Heroic Elite Hives. 14 floors , solo only, if you hero dies you swap to another one. It's the last mission on the Initiative quest chain.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
like i gotta say, the whole "the AI you play with are your actual characters" thing just feels like SO good
once you give people heroic orb creation and such, the battlefield is just full of them
i've seen my team be WAY more aggressive and absolutely destroy enemies without me even helping
Yeah I liked that too. I outfitted Iron Man with Pym gear and ill be playing and he's with me and it has an affect even though he is computer controlled.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
There is a lot back end stuff which annoys me but I know because of America's Gaas it will be sorted.

The one that annoys me at the moment is my weekly challenge for hulk: clear 15 hives or elite hives.

How absurd.

Mandalorian

Alt account
Banned
Jun 18, 2020
While I agree with that, they need to get the A.I. to become more sharp and proactive. Something that would allow me to roughly strategize with the A.I. (while playing with Hulk for example, having my Iron Man prioritizing flying enemy types) would be cool as hell.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, had my first crashes since launch. Always when I try to complete HARM Challenge IV. Guess that's not being farmed for enemy-types for a little bit.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
While I agree with that, they need to get the A.I. to become more sharp and proactive. Something that would allow me to roughly strategize with the A.I. (while playing with Hulk for example, having my Iron Man prioritizing flying enemy types) would be cool as hell.
Well we do know they will add AI commands, how deep those go is of course not sure yet

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Same.
I simply can't stay alive as him, even on easy, yet everyone else so far is amazing to play as.

I also, really, really fucking hate manual aiming at turrets whilst a ton of shit is going on around me that I'm needing to actively avoid and dodge. There needs to be some kind of hold L1 to aim and then auto targeting for that set up, manually moving the analogue stick is widely inconsistent.
Lasers auto target while in flying mode. Iron Man is your sweep the battlefield and take out turrets guy.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I've gotten some like this, swap it out, and then just get something in the same vein like "Do 10 villain sectors" or something, and then I don't have any more swap outs. It's pretty frustrating to have such a bloated task for the challenges, just make it one or two.