Which platform are you playing Marvel's Avengers on?

• PS4/PS5

Votes: 1,266 41.2%
  • Xbox One/Xbox Series X

Votes: 285 9.3%
  • PC (Steam/Stadia)

Votes: 420 13.7%
  • I'm not planning on playing the game/Don't know yet

Votes: 1,194 38.9%

• Total voters

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Same.
I simply can't stay alive as him, even on easy, yet everyone else so far is amazing to play as.

I also, really, really fucking hate manual aiming at turrets whilst a ton of shit is going on around me that I'm needing to actively avoid and dodge. There needs to be some kind of hold L1 to aim and then auto targeting for that set up, manually moving the analogue stick is widely inconsistent.

Fly and use the lasers. They auto aim like crazy.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
i don't really know how I feel about this game, I beat the campaign which was genuinely better than I expected. I am enjoying the combat enough that I'm still playing it for now, working on challenge cards and gearing up. But I can't help but feel like there is no end goal i'm building towards other then "hey, i'm having fun beating dudes up so I'll keep going". There hasn't been a single piece of content yet that made me want to try and match make with strangers because it has all been so easy, even villain sectors (I still haven't seen a vault or hive or whatever though, maybe that will be better). And honestly, the game feels so easy right now and I realized I had 11 unspent skill points and now I spent them, I think having 3 charges of healing spirit is not going to make the game any harder.

Maybe I should try deliberately going after missions that are far above my power level, though I'm concerned that might just have the opposite effect of getting me 1 shot constantly or something.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Yeah, I stopped playing it. It's unplayable: Gear issues, where you do much less damage. Levels are loading, you fall into the space (?), freezes, crashes, Lags, AI doesn't do his job and the list goes on. I have probably played around 30-40 hours and never seen a more buggy, unplayable game at launch. This is pathetic.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
i don't really know how I feel about this game, I beat the campaign which was genuinely better than I expected. I am enjoying the combat enough that I'm still playing it for now, working on challenge cards and gearing up. But I can't help but feel like there is no end goal i'm building towards other then "hey, i'm having fun beating dudes up so I'll keep going". There hasn't been a single piece of content yet that made me want to try and match make with strangers because it has all been so easy, even villain sectors (I still haven't seen a vault or hive or whatever though, maybe that will be better). And honestly, the game feels so easy right now and I realized I had 11 unspent skill points and now I spent them, I think having 3 charges of healing spirit is not going to make the game any harder.

Maybe I should try deliberately going after missions that are far above my power level, though I'm concerned that might just have the opposite effect of getting me 1 shot constantly or something.
Have you tried setting the challenge level up?
It increases the power level of the mission but also makes enemies stronger and more attacks red.
it adds some difficulty.

As for your question "what am I gearing for" the content that you need PL for and such is still to be added. We know the AIM Secret lab will be a PL 150 mission (if the war table footage can be trusted) and then we'll get Mega Hives that get harder the lower you go and other things in the future.
So right now you are gearing up for things to come.

Will there be a version of those hive missions where you play with people ?

In an interview before the game released a dev said there would be group versions of the mega hives where each player sets their characters in order and you see together how deep you can go.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Wish levels would tell you what enemies will be there. The battle passes have a lot of specific missions and googling them isn't consistent.

lost_paradise

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried setting the challenge level up?
It increases the power level of the mission but also makes enemies stronger and more attacks red.
it adds some difficulty.

As for your question "what am I gearing for" the content that you need PL for and such is still to be added. We know the AIM Secret lab will be a PL 150 mission (if the war table footage can be trusted) and then we'll get Mega Hives that get harder the lower you go and other things in the future.
So right now you are gearing up for things to come.

In an interview before the game released a dev said there would be group versions of the mega hives where each player sets their characters in order and you see together how deep you can go.
Oh nice, these should be fun with friends

Man I hope they add an open world social space, like Wakanda or Asgard, the social hubs feel kinda last gen

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
So I leveled Hulk to 50 last night and I have a left over talent point lol. I have no idea what that is about. I remember there was a post earlier in this thread from someone who was short a talent point on Kamala after leveling her to 50. Maybe in the next patch they can allow us to trade talent points lmao.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Hold in the right trigger while in flight mode with Iron Man and his missiles lock on to multiple targets. just do a lap of an area and take out all the turrets with him.

Also, turn down targeting assistance, it totally messes with ADS target acquisition on controller.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So I leveled Hulk to 50 last night and I have a left over talent point lol. I have no idea what that is about. I remember there was a post earlier in this thread from someone who was short a talent point on Kamala after leveling her to 50. Maybe in the next patch they can allow us to trade talent points lmao.
Kamala's 20% armor buff for the team eats it's skill point which sucks because it makes the heal even more broken than it is lol
Sometimes during a mission, your gear resets to like 10 power and you have to unequip and re-equip it at every checkpoint to get it back to normal.

Hasn't happened to me but I read about it here.
Yeah that sounds super shitty haven't experienced it myself but that doesn't sound like what they are talking about

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Man, popped in Batman and Spider-Man to make sure I wasn't misremembering but the amount of things they do better is staggering.

Ideally, my preferred combat would be a fine-tuned version of this game.

We need better level design and objectives too... Just feel like there's a long road ahead to making this one stand with the best comicbook games.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Completed a whole Villain Mission everything went super smooth and got a mission complete screen and then bam, crash to desktop without a error mission.

No rewards, no faction experience and the game not recognizing I've done the mission. :(

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I had a rocket doing a vertical 180, hitting me under a platform I moved to after the enemy who was on that platform shot the rocket.
I don't get triggered easily but these fucking ranged attacks make no sense.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Well I finished my rental and I can safely say I am glad I didn't purchase this game. The combat is fun, the story is decent and the skill trees are interesting but everything else is just so damn bland. All the missions feel the same, the enemies all start to blend together and the loot is straight up boring. The game isn't bad...its just boring. Too many great games to play out there. Not going to waste any more time with this. Sad as this game has so much potential. Oh well.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I finished my rental and I can safely say I am glad I didn't purchase this game. The combat is fun, the story is decent and the skill trees are interesting but everything else is just so damn bland. All the missions feel the same, the enemies all start to blend together and the loot is straight up boring. The game isn't bad...its just boring. Too many great games to play out there. Not going to waste any more time with this. Sad as this game has so much potential. Oh well.

Yeah this was my thought. In a comic book world where you can literally go wherever you want, they choose to put like 75% of the missions in....the Utah desert?

lol oh man

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was my thought. In a comic book world where you can literally go wherever you want, they choose to put like 75% of the missions in....the Utah desert?

lol oh man
It sucks because they have some other environments already that are hardly touched in game.

I can't even get a second person in the campaign so for their sake, I sure hope it's broken at the moment.
They have a bug you have to quit to main menu where the quick play button vanishes. That alone fucks with match making a ton already

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No hyperbole, I feel like a QA tester lol

The amount of times I have to avoid something or double/triple check something didn't bug out is insane. Keeping track of what I can and can't do, etc

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
You know what would've been cool? Going back to the destroyed San Francisco post A-Day as a Warzone type open linear mission. Crazy we never got that.
Yeah, that would have been rad. Especially when they show shots the quinjet flying over destroyed SF in the final mission. Ugh. So much stuff I didn't expect them to get right, but still so much missed opportunity with this game.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Might be double dodge as I was single dodging it for a min straight and it was still tracking.
Probably, projectiles Ive always instinctively double dodged to play it safe xD

You know what would've been cool? Going back to the destroyed San Francisco post A-Day as a Warzone type open linear mission. Crazy we never got that.
I wouldn't be shocked if that's a raid type thing later or part of the time travel stuff

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah would be cool to go back to San Francisco's bridge and see there's now an AIM Lab in the middle of it.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is the save local on Steam or is it saved via cloud? Can I play on multiple machines without manually copying a file back and forth?

Oct 25, 2017
"After the first completion of the mission" means the first clear should be an exotic? Because I didn't get the lvl1 bug but my drop was a Legendary, not Exotic.

The way I read it was that you're supposed to get an exotic as a drop the first time that you pass the elite hive. It's possible that the odds are just much higher on a completion until you get one (or get a bugged one).