• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
LOL @ Ty, aka the one who having the tougher job mastering his powers getting lapped again by Tandy when she gets to train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber oil rig.

Well the whole season has been a display of her selfishness. The only times that things work out for her even for a little while is when she breaks out of that. I don't hate that about her though. I want to see her grow.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She says she just really hates the character, the shelfishness, backstabbing, ect, I think she just sees way too much of herself haha.

Damn, savage haha

I can't lie, I like her more than Tyrone, the frequent lack of morals (but she's ultimately capable of doing the right thing) makes her more compelling/interesting to me

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This season is better than it has any right to be and what I love about it is that it wasn't released in dump format so it doesn't feel like a slog to get through unless you don't mind falling behind on discussions or have to watch out for spoilers.

I slow, ponderous show and it just works better when you have a week between episodes to let it sit with you and process it.

AoS only wishes it had an episode this good in its disastrous first season.

Season 1, Episode 17

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
LOL @ Ty, aka the one who having the tougher job mastering his powers getting lapped again by Tandy when she gets to train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber oil rig.

Well the whole season has been a display of her selfishness. The only times that things work out for her even for a little while is when she breaks out of that. I don't hate that about her though. I want to see her grow.
My thoughts too. Too be fair if he got too good he would be unstoppable

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Daredevil S1
Black Lightning

This is my fault. I should have explained better:

I am talking about post-season 1. If we were counting the original season, than Legion would deserve to be on your list too.

The Netflix shows seem to all have the best handled on HOW to do it, but not so much on how to do it well.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Joe Pokaski is hinting at fantastical villains in the future:
"We're saving some of the more fantastical [villains]," the showrunner told the folks at Syfy Wire. "I think we wanted to start off very grounded when we first started talking about this show, something that Marvel does really well, it has to be the world the way it is. That's where we started, and as you'll see, especially from episode seven on, we turn up the heat quite a bit."

They actually already hinted at Mister Jip in Episode 6:
"You didn't see him in episode six? It's possible you did. I'm not spoiling anything, I'm not committing to anything. But you should go back and look carefully at the scene where Tyrone goes into Kev's dream and [sees] that kid with the backpack's fears. I have a feeling if we're lucky enough to have a season two, a lot your favorites will be making appearances."

The scene he talks about is this one:

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good episode. I thought it was really odd last week that Ivan Hess was humming The Decemberists, but figured the tune was just similar. But no, he actually was singing that exact song....which wasn't actually playing in his life that we could see, but in the episode. So then I thought it was because the secret ingredient in her cookies is cinnamon, and they repeat it a billion times in the song....but the secret ingredient is cardamom.

So while I enjoyed the songs usage...WTF is the reason he's actually humming it. I don't expect an answer from anyone, I just wondered if anyone else thought it was weird.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Surprised the 2nd season hasn't been announced yet. It should start crewing up back in New Orleans around 8/5.

From this article...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...xpect-big-tv-panels-at-comic-con-2018-1127537

Marvel is bringing Netflix drama Iron Fist, Freeform's Cloak & Dagger, animated entry Marvel Rising and FX's Legion. As for what to expect, we'll leave you with this teaser: One of the aforementioned series will likely get some renewal news.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just got caught up today. Man, this is really good! Not quite Agents of Shield level, but it's getting there. In some ways I like it more than the Netflix series.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I read they dropped a Defenders reference this week again.

Anyway, let's hope we get that renewal at the SDCC panel tomorrow.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Has there been any SHIELD or non-Defenders references? I can't recall.
No, and it kinda pisses me off. They should be mentioning the Avengers since they're public figures and are known to have powers. If ANYONE in this universe shows signs of powers, the first thing they'd do is compare themselves to the Avengers or be scared of SHIELD coming for them. All it takes is one line of dialog to connect it and that's it. I just don't understand why these shows don't just go all in on the connections when it's so easy, requires no CG/FX, and takes less than 5 seconds.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this was the best episode so far. Great uses of their powers, great character development, and tons of plot progression.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they aren't wasting time having Tyrone show off his teleportation, just boom we are on to the scene with him using it easily. So great to have a show that cuts out filler like that.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn Tyrone is starting to get a hang of his powers. And that cloak.

Also with this reference talk I wonder if they'll ever show the effects of the snap.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Tandy discovering her dad wasn't the idealized person she had in her head all these years, even if he was right about the rig. She really needs a better place to store her money though.

I had a feeling the confession w/Connors would be too easy. Damn at that refrigerator ending though.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Fantastic episode. The focus on the characters is really paying off now. Shame it probably put a lot of viewers off in the early episodes. I hope the word of mouth buzz is strong.

I'm glad they kept the 2 storylines separate with Tandy and Tyrone as children on the night of the rig explosion as the single link. It would have been so easy for the writers to connect Connors to Roxxon and make things convoluted.

The music usage is a bit heavy-handed but they sure do pick some great songs.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Wow really like Tyrone just showing those cops right away no prolong trying to hide my powers story arc
That will hold up. Cop talking to a kid he killed?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Is the cop boyfriend anyone of significance in the comics? Cause I feel a betrayal happening.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
No, and it kinda pisses me off. They should be mentioning the Avengers since they're public figures and are known to have powers. If ANYONE in this universe shows signs of powers, the first thing they'd do is compare themselves to the Avengers or be scared of SHIELD coming for them. All it takes is one line of dialog to connect it and that's it. I just don't understand why these shows don't just go all in on the connections when it's so easy, requires no CG/FX, and takes less than 5 seconds.

Some reason SHIELD Is the only one not afraid to do so. Only show to get Thanos name dropped.

Also why do they at least not mention the Inhumans? No, not the shitty show but the events in the show. That got crazy enough that even politicians were openly talking about it.

You can easily argue that the movies move too quickly and are too busy to take note but not really true for the shows.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
That Misty namedrop, loved it.

One thing I'm not sure about yet, is whether we're dealing with the Dark Dimension or the Fear Dimension? I know Agent Carter dealt with the Dark Dimension, but they keep saying the Terrors on the rig became that way because they were shown their greatest fear, which is what happened in AoS with the Fear Dimension.

So which one is it? Or am I totally wrong and they're both the same thing?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the latest episode. So good.

I like that Tyrone is able to clearly control his power quite well considering how quickly he had to use it over and over. Both of them clearly got better from their experience helping Ivan Hess.

Holy shit at the fridging. O.O

Also one thing this show does really well is those mind landscape places. The whole theater and then the black and white truth behind the 'movie'...

You know, when they said this would be on Freeform I assumed, like many others did, that it would be a lot more... family friendly due to the channels reputation. In some ways this has some of the darkest material of any of the MCU TV shows.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly like the subtle references better, the MCU serves as a setting which saves us from long exposition or arcs about discovering their powers, etc. They are in a world with superpowers, extraordinary isn't that out of the reach so people act accordingly. Only that with Sokovia Accords most enhanced individuals are going to remain hidden.

Anyway, great episode, and Cloak donning the cloak, nice!

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
You know, when they said this would be on Freeform I assumed, like many others did, that it would be a lot more... family friendly due to the channels reputation. In some ways this has some of the darkest material of any of the MCU TV shows.
That's because people still view it as ABC Family when it's more of a teens-twenties channel.
I think appealing to that demo was one of the reasons for the name change.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
So, it sounds like this show has kept up the quality? I'm a sucker for anything Marvel so I've been meaning to sink my teeth into it. I held onto Runaways all season even though it got really campy. Barely got into Legion, cool concept but, judging replies in here, it's kinda lost the plot.