Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac has deserved sales like for quite some time for some of their games, so it's good to finally see it happen. Just don't get too stuck on Spidey and forget original content..

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It would have sold dozens more if it got 90+ on MC which would have stopped a lot of people from cancelling their preorder.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
dayum

giphy.gif

what are we thinking the numbers will be by the end of the month? 6mil?

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great sales number! Honest question though, what ownership does Sony have over Spider Man now in the gaming sphere? Is anything stopping Marvel/Disney directly funding Insomniac to make a multi platform follow up?

If it sold this much as an exclusive, imagine the potential of multi platform.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully on its way to over 10 million - what an achievement for Insomniac. Happy for everyone involved.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Impressive performance, 200k more than GOW! Not the 5 million some in the NPD predictions thread were writing down, but 5M in 3 days for an exclusive is pretty bloody great!

And if Benji is right, then the legs should be really strong (so far both UK and Japan have shown only a 40-ish percent decrease in the second week, which is very a very soft drop).

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if releasing a game with the most popular super-hero having a good game on the most popular system in an age where superheroes are incredibly popular was a good idea.
I think you mean a niche superhero, in a decent game, on a niche system in an age where superheroes are a popular niche was a niche idea. :P

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats congrats congrats. :D

Hope you guys at Insomniac find success with new Ratchet in the future! (I hope...)

VX1

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Absolutely mindblowing ! Congrats Sony, Insomniac and Marvel

To compare (sold to consumers)

God of War :
  • 3.1m in 3 days
  • 5m in 1 month
Uncharted 4 :
  • 2.7M in 1 week
  • 8.7M in 7-8 months
Horizon Zero Dawn :
  • 2.6M in 2 weeks
  • 3.4M in 2 months
  • 7.6M in 1 year
Batman Arkham Knight
  • 5m in 4 months

I would also add:

Witcher 3 :

4M in 2 weeks

Halo 5 :

5M in 3 months

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Congrats to Insomniac and Sony. I'll have to play it more some time soon. I've only put a couple hours into it.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great sales number! Honest question though, what ownership does Sony have over Spider Man now in the gaming sphere? Is anything stopping Marvel/Disney directly funding Insomniac to make a multi platform follow up?
well marvel said future of spider man game for the foreseeable future is with sony.so i assume they wrote a deal

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They are amazing, but no, not Halo 3. Halo 3 did similar numbers in NA alone, Spidey's numbers are worldwide. AND, Halo 3 launched to a much smaller install base than the PS4. They are phenomenal numbers, but not quite that level.

Whilst true, perhaps because of the install base, Halo 3 went on to sell 5m worldwide in just over 2 months, whilst God of War did 5m in 1 month, and I believe Spider-Man will too.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sony has knocked it out of the park this year man. Congrats to Insomniac and Marvel, you guys made a GREAT game and I am working on getting that Platinum for it right now!

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I'm so happy for Insomniac Games :')

This game had such fantastic marketing and with photomode selfies on social media feeds.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Did my part. The game is an incredible achievement and deserves every sale. Got the platinum and can't wait for the DLC.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
If Marvel wanted to leave the pipeline of resources that Sony has, then sure. But no one else has the data on single player narrative games that Sony does. They'd be taking a big risk losing out on that information. Plus the resources for localization and distribution in the amount of territories that Sony covers is huge. It's not just a funding thing.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Absolutely mindblowing ! Congrats Sony, Insomniac and Marvel

To compare (sold to consumers)

God of War :
  • 3.1m in 3 days
  • 5m in 1 month
Uncharted 4 :
  • 2.7M in 1 week
  • 8.7M in 7-8 months
Horizon Zero Dawn :
  • 2.6M in 2 weeks
  • 3.4M in 2 months
  • 7.6M in 1 year
Batman Arkham Knight
  • 5m in 4 months

This comparison isn't entirely fair tbh. The install base for God of War and Spider-man is much bigger than it was for Uncharted 4 and Batman Arkham Knight during their. That afffects the sales in the first few month of Uncharted and Batman a lot.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It does show how massive GoW was though. It's going to be interesting between the 2 games because GoW had massive legs.