• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think how it will go is how long it is for the terry and 6.0 stuff, then sakurai will go over how the next batch of dlc and say to stay tuned on it. But then he says like "but of course we do have one last character for the fighter pass...please take a look."

Character 6 will be at the vga's. Or big January direct.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way they spend 45 minutes on just Terry and Mii costumes....

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai boutta spend 45 mins teaching Smash players how to play Fatal Fury cause Terry will play exactly like he does in his own games.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
45min lol, I love Smash but I would find it had to get mega hyped for a 45min 'Direct' for just one single game let-a-lone one single character. :P

I think Terry should play similar to the Mii Fighters, charge moves, would be cool as I enjoy that style. His moves are so similar to moves they already do. But I guess like Ryu they'll prolly just copy the inputs from the regular fighting games too.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
prediction time

Terry
Stage
Mii costume
New contents via update
5th character
2nd wave discussion (maybe Fighter Pass 2 with preorder bonus)

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Either this wiöl be more indepth or unscripted than the last one or theyy are going to show more than just terry.
Whatever it is, watching Sakurai is fun.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't expect Fighter Pass #5 here. Maybe Terry's mechanics just require that much explanation, or there is one more new mode. This stream won't be more than what the tweet says, unless it has another really hype Mii costume like Sans.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
45min lol, I love Smash but I would find it had to get mega hyped for a 45min 'Direct' for just one single game let-a-lone one single character. :P

I think Terry should play similar to the Mii Fighters, charge moves, would be cool as I enjoy that style. His moves are so similar to moves they already do. But I guess like Ryu they'll prolly just copy the inputs from the regular fighting games too.

Two characters or three!

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not early enough, I can't watch the whole thing before I leave for work. How many Super Mario RPG mii costumes is he going to show off?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
CvS music is dope tho. I'm an SNK fan and I want both lol
Terry is there to rep snk, putting a song from a game that isnt even made by then would disappoint me a lot, specially when we have so many songs that are as great or if not better than the ones in CvS, I want the devs to focus on them.
Maybe in a smash 6 where they arent so limited to add songs.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Jp video description states there will be no new (unannounced) character showcased during the broadcast.

God fucking dammit.

I guess it's good that they got this out of the way beforehand, but this still really sucks. Guess we're getting a 35 minute history lesson on SNK and 10 minutes of Terry.

Between this and Pokemon, today has been so fucking disappointing.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Jp video description states there will be no new (unannounced) character showcased during the broadcast.
I don't buy it. Why make this a livestream (unlike the Joker and Hero presentations), and why would it be longer than any other Smash presentation in history? Terry isn't a very complicated character. It only took Sakurai a few minutes to explain Ryu's command inputs so I don't see what would require such a lengthy explanation with Terry. Sakurai also managed to thoroughly explain the origins of Hero's four incarnations and detail dozens of spells in about 15 minutes.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

Makes sense - I imagine this would be marketed as a Smash Direct if they planned to show off a new fighter.

45 is surprisingly long, but Sakurai loves his deep dives. I can see him hitting it between Terry stuff, maybe some new Mii Costumes, and whatever else is coming in 6.0.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I don't care what that description says, I'm predicting dlc fighter 5 to be revealed with it being Crash Bandicoot.

SMASH HYPE BAYBEEEEEEE

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
What a madman, he's actually gonna sit there for 45min talking about Fatal Fury.

"We gave him the Burning Knuckle move just like he has in the regular series, you press down, down-back..."

"We also gave him Crack Shoot, just like he has in the regular series, you press down, down-back..."

"Don't forget his Power Wave! It works just like it did in the regular series, you press down, down-forward..."

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I don't buy it. Why make this a livestream (unlike the Joker and Hero presentations), and why would it be longer than any other Smash presentation in history? Terry isn't a very complicated character. It only took Sakurai a few minutes to explain Ryu's command inputs so I don't see what would require such a lengthy explanation with Terry. Sakurai also managed to thoroughly explain the origins of Hero's four incarnations and detail dozens of spells in about 15 minutes.

Yeah, uh, I can't my wrap around this. Aside from Mii costumes, what else would there be to talk about?

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
For a 45 min presentation, I'm guessing it'll have three components:
  • Overview of Terry, his stage, music, and new Mii Fighter costumes
  • Trailer for DLC #5
  • Purchase details for "Season 2"

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
They better have a remix of the Geese Howard theme in Smash or else I will buster wolf and not ask if they're okay. Come on, come on!

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I don't expect Fighter Pass #5 here. Maybe Terry's mechanics just require that much explanation, or there is one more new mode. This stream won't be more than what the tweet says, unless it has another really hype Mii costume like Sans.
But bro this is 45 minutes. Like, none of the smash directs came close to this length. It really feels like we're getting another character with him