• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I could do without the commentary on the father's interview. Sheesh.

EDIT: Refering to the ABC broadcasr.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ugh not another one. What the hell...

Need to wait for more news. Remember the Boston marathon?

I was also at UCLA when we had an active shooter situation there. People were tweeting out misinformation about multiple shooters when it was just police in their riot gear at different locations on campus.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I was just about to go to sleep... but wanted to check era before bed.

:/

Seems like the front door man (security?) and front woman (cashier maybe?) were first shot. Someone said earlier in the thread that there was a body in the front? I'm guessing that's him. How can some who works the front expect something like this? Was just another regular night for him. :(

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
So it seems that the shooter was caught/killed but they're waiting to release that info.

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
This is literally ten minutes away from my house by car. This is an incredibly quiet neighborhood. Yes, we have some serious fucking idiots around here (yelling the n-word the night of Obama's election, etc.), but nothing like this. It's a quiet place.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Many years ago I used to work near there in the shopping area on the other side of the freeway. Thousand Oaks is a very rich, quiet area. Not one of the places in the LA area I'd have expected this, then again maybe the notion of anywhere in America not being a likely location for a mass shooting is an increasingly outdated idea.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Did that one guy say he had friends in this bar who survived the Vegas shooting last year?

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Apparently it was country music night, so a bunch of country music fans were present, which explains the crossover.

It was college night. So the people in the bar were 18+.

It's a country bar where you line dance, so there's your crossover. Then again, I hate country music and I know people that were at the Vegas shooting.

That concert was apparently popular with people in the area.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking hate how the news covers this stuff, especially in LA. The male anchor on CBS 2 with his jacket on his chair and his sleeves rolled up had me shaking my head. That's something they're told to do during breaking news events to give the appearance of working harder. I used to work at a station where, anytime we had severe weather, the weather guys were required to roll up their sleeves and loosen their ties, it was so silly.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, this interview

Talk about survivor's guilt, poor guy

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
"Did you see anyone go down that wasn't getting back up?"

What kind of questions are these? Jesus Christ.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Law enforcement always always always shows up to these things under the assumption that there are multiple shooters due to the nature of the way information gets communicated to first responders.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
News conference:

11 victims dead
shooter dead
"multiple victims of varied injuries" taken away to local hospital
10-12 victims with minor injuries took themselves to local hospital.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
The Sergent rhat responded first that was shit passed away an hour ago. On force for 29 years, set to retire next year or so.

Nick C

Oct 25, 2017
MT
News conference:

11 victims dead
shooter dead
"multiple victims of varied injuries" taken away to local hospital
10-12 victims with minor injuries took themselves to local hospital.
That's wrong. There were 10-12 injured on-site, not including suspect. Others outside with minor injuries have taken themselves to local hospitals.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
That's wrong. There were 10-12 injured on-site. Others outside with minor injuries have taken themsselves to local hospitals.

That is literally what the Sheriff just said on the press conference that is live right now.

He just confirmed the shooter took his own life.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
So 13 dead including shooter. 11 killed originally, then officer responding, and the shooter as well.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Says 10-15 additional injuries, only one other possible shooting injury. All others from debri or trying to escape.