• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Can't watch video now.. who is the dad everyone is talking about? Why would he get blamed?

He was a dad here with his son.

He was feeling survivors guilt. He said he felt awful that he as a 56 year old man has lived a good long life while he saw young 19-20 year olds getting shot.

He said he was sorry that he ran to safety with his son instead of waiting for the gunman to change clip and he could have rushed him.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch video now.. who is the dad everyone is talking about? Why would he get blamed?

He was there with his step son, and he and his step son got out safely. They interviewed him right after, and he was extremely emotionally and kept repeating that he should have done more to save people. He also kept saying that he lived a full life and many of those who were shot were young, and he should have tried to stop the gunman. Survivors guilt. It was heartbreaking to watch him keep apologizing.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alright. Thanks people for the info. Dude shouldn't feel bad, hope he'll get over it.

Fucked up situation once again but nothing we can do. God gave us guns for a reason.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Man, I can't help but feel a bit shaken of how close a mass shooting just happened, like just less than 10 miles for me.

I hope they get the guy fast if he is still active.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Oh fuck, watching the news right now... dead person in front of bar...

"sounded like a sub machine gun"

"smoke bombs"

WTF!

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Rest in peace to all the victims, and condolences to their families.

If the witness testimonies prove true, one can only be glad this happened two days after the midterms, not before.

I'm aware it doesn't feel right to immediately look at the loss of life from that perspective, but it is impossible not to given the frequency of these events. They are used as political fodder for anything but gun control.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
According to most recent interviewee he was white or Hispanic. Pretty sure the live news broadcast said they thought the body out front was a deputy or civilian not the shooter. Initially they thought it was the shooter

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
If this is another right wing conservative, we have a fucking problem on our hands.

Horrific

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Shooter is missing, police searching the area.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Obligatory.

BNCHoriginal_usethis.png

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Hes still at large????

Also wow, certified EMT was at the scene and got away and came back and helped people.

Greywind

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Throwing more guns into what is already a chaotic mess is not going to help, nor is putting more guns into noisy, (often) dark spaces with tons of drunk people a good idea otherwise either.
He's probably referring to how Trump and WH will try to downplay this tragedy with 'they should have invested in more security or barman should be armed'.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
I actually knew Thousand Oaks when I went to visit some family in Camarillo, hopefully there are no deaths

Edit: Just read there are confirmed deaths :(