• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Should've made wearing a mask mandatory for midnight pickup, but holy shit at those lines! I think this game will sell millions handily y'all, and the alt-right barrel scrapings will just have to deal with the fact that their review bombing and hateful campaign ain't putting a dent on this game's success.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Not defending the idiocy of lining up during Corona, just adressing two things.

There is no "at your door on release date" delivery option in Sweden. Our postal service is unreliable at best but today is Midsummer, which is the second biggest Holiday after Christmas Eve here. Most stores are closed or only open until 2pm.

Also for digital. Digital is 699kr for standard edition, physical is 549kr

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cringing at the amount of people outside to begin with. It's one thing to go to the supermarket for food. You need food to live.

You don't need a video game to live. Especially when you could have bought it digitally like a responsible person. Or worst case, ordered online.

Dec 8, 2018
Lol it's so funny to read comments on here when it comes to Corona coming from Sweden.

Like we have never had any kind of lockdown at all and everyone outside the elders and other people especially in risk are back living their lives just as we did before so this is completely normal basically now.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
I picked my copy up just now from Best Buy. Did curbside pick up during lunch today, installed it just now, so as soon as I clock out for the day I'll be ready to bury myself into this game for days. Taking Monday off work too.

Pinku

Dec 21, 2017
Almost nobody use a mask in Sweden. Also it was the night before Midsummer Eve, so no postal service until monday I think.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah a lot of people are asking about masks but it is not recommended to wear them in Sweden and it has not become a common thing. We focus on keeping distance and refraining from new social interractions.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isnt Sweden one of the only countries that actually managed Covid well? Is that the reason they dont use masks?

But yeah the game will be huge

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If by doing well means ignoring it...sure.

I may be confusing things but there is one european country that basically has no new covid cases for quite some time now or something

Saw it in the brazilian news as they were opposing it to the fact that Bolsonaro is handling the situation like shit

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I may be confusing things but there is one european country that basically has no new covid cases for quite some time now or something

Saw it in the brazilian news as they were opposing it to the fact that Bolsonaro is handling the situation like shit
Bolsonaro basically wants to mimic Sweden's response, so it isn't that.

Are you thinking of Iceland?

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
If you need an indicator that a game will sell well, people risking their lives to buy it in a boxed version instead of downloading it is as good as it gets.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
How the fuck is that allowed

Are you living in Sweden ?

Not a mask in sight. What a bunch of idiots.

They're outdoor, distancing themselves from one another... No need to insult them really lol

This is rather irresponsible from the stores but it's also weird midnight pickups are still a thing in 2020.

We have pre-loads and midnight unlocks now if you can't wait until morning when the game drops on your door matt, especially in these circumstances it seems a better option.

Those pre-loads tend to be more expensive than the retail release. And people may prefer having the disc version. Also, different countries have different policies.

Some of the answers here are pretty weird.

Last edited:

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
U.K. chart news on Sunday should be very interesting. I'm expecting some record breaking news

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt Sweden one of the only countries that actually managed Covid well? Is that the reason they dont use masks?
No the Sweden COVID experiment failed

ca.news.yahoo.com

Sweden has the highest daily coronavirus death rate in the world – and it’s getting worse

As such, Sweden’s ‘restrictions’ were more advisory than ruling, trusting that Swedes should exercise “common sense” and use “good judgment” when going about their daily lives.

they have basically admitted as much as well, and other european nations are either barring them from travel or making them isolate if they do. It's gross incompetence and that was clear from the start. These folks should be wearing masks, particularly in light of the emerging data on their efficacy.

Oct 31, 2017
That's awesome that they are distanced at that point in the line, but clearly the line changes and in other places they aren't going to be able to maintain distance.

Wear a mask in public or I call you an idiot. Those are the rules.

Who wrote those rules ? :P

Wearing a mask in public isn't mandatory depending on where you live.

I did see those other photos afterwards and the distance between people wasn't as large, that much is true.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Are you living in Sweden ?
No

They're outdoor, distancing themselves from one another... No need to insult them really lol
Uh huh, sure.

1so6Maw.png

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I never felt more invested in a game selling tons now that it has the alt-right crowd pressed.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone wearing masks is doing it because they've been told it's good. These people aren't because they've been told it's not.
everyone wearing a mask is doing it because they're smart. these people aren't because they're dumb.

the government doesn't always have your best interests at heart, people shouldn't just do as they're told/not told by the government.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
This is rather irresponsible from the stores but it's also weird midnight pickups are still a thing in 2020.

We have pre-loads and midnight unlocks now if you can't wait until morning when the game drops on your door matt, especially in these circumstances it seems a better option.
I will never understand it either. Queuing for a game or a console at midnight. Unless I need a piece of tech to remain alive, I will not queue for it at midnight.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Everyone wearing masks is doing it because they've been told it's good. These people aren't because they've been told it's not.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make, but anyone who doesnt understand the science behind why we should wear masks is personally responsible. Period. I don't give a shit where you live.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Silly, especially with the pandemic. That said, the game hopefully does well. There are legitimate criticisms to be had, but I don't mind rewarding a bold game and one that will trigger the shit out of bigots.