Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
And if just got upgraded to High Risk, the highest on the SPC scale. The first High Risk since March 2023.

A Major Severe Weather Outbreak is Forecast Today and/or Tonight

A regional outbreak of severe weather with multiple strong, long-tracked tornadoes, as well as very large hail and severe thunderstorm gusts, is expected over parts of the south-central Plains from this afternoon through evening

30% tornado hatched area...

This is will probably be an outbreak that will deserve it's own thread.

day1probotlk_1300_torn.gif

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Stay safe everyone in the risk area. Last high risk we got down here was stressful as fuck. Make sure you have a place to take shelter and stay off the roads if you can. Take this seriously.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
High risk is extremely scary. Can the OP put an update in the title to let people in OK know? If you live in a high risk area you should have your eyes kind of always looking at the watches and warnings as they roll in so you can know when to expect a warning in your own county in advance and be ready to take safer and secure shelter.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Kind of a random question, but has anything ever been hypothesized or or discussed for interrupting such insane tornado outbreaks? Guessing that's completely beyond our capabilities. Mother nature is an unstoppable beast. I literally couldn't live in these areas as the stress over my family/kids being safe would drive me away.

Anyway, sorry for the derail. Stay safe.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of a random question, but has anything ever been hypothesized or or discussed for interrupting such insane tornado outbreaks? Guessing that's completely beyond our capabilities. Mother nature is an unstoppable beast. I literally couldn't live in these areas as the stress over my family/kids being safe would drive me away.

Anyway, sorry for the derail. Stay safe.

The only large storm that was ever stopped was due to the large volcano eruption [mount Pinatubo in 1991 vs approaching typhoon].

View: https://youtu.be/TTwDaaQ0W4A?t=188

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only on the edge of this new one, but I am so tired of dealing with these storms. Can nature please let up for a bit?

I guess my only hope is the Tonganoxie Split.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this could get bad today. Especially since it might have a faux bust effect with tornado conditions expected to increase further after dark.

Hopefully it goes bust like the last high risk day in OK did (05/19).