• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Looks okay I guess. I'm kinda over the armor plated look for batman though and the cowl looks strangely homemade.
Also, will we ever see a really large cape again that closes at the front instead of falling back over his shoulders?

4121187310_e3c522a324_z.jpg

batman-1989_dc-comics_gallery_5c4b899f2cdee.jpg

I don't care if it's impractical, it helps hide his human features and greatly adds to the element of "instilling fear into you enemies" that is a integral part of the character for me.
I said something similar. Our pleas fall on deaf ears.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
lmao the chest piece is not made out of a fucking gun you guys that tweet is a joke. Unless he took the gun and cut it up to make it completely indiscernible from what a gun actually looks like, guns don't have folding hinges or belt clips on them or giant pads where the triggers would be or guides on the sides for ????. If anything they look like climbing tools or even hatchets.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The more I look at it the more I like it.
I hope we'll get a full reveal soon.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is the reason this has been largely absent from live action adaptattions is that it looks like shit/too goofy.

The illuminated look was fine in BvS though

8decc54da1ba168ae25a65e9b8ea3bb694315064b5c3bca90b36fdd90cb77c00.jpg

If Deadpool 1 & 2 weren't actual things I might agree with you but they pulled it off so well. Batman should be able to, too.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
lmao the chest piece is not made out of a fucking gun you guys that tweet is a joke. Unless he took the gun and cut it up to make it completely indiscernible from what a gun actually looks like, guns don't have folding hinges or belt clips on them or giant pads where the triggers would be or guides on the sides for ????. If anything they look like climbing tools or even hatchets.

Ok, but what is it made of? Why are we wondering what it's made of at all? It's supposed to be a logo, not scraps from the floor of a metal working shop.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like he's in a puffed up muscle suit that just kind of made Affleck look ridiculous so I'm already onboard.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The reason why white eyes won't ever be a major component of a live action Batman Cowl is the importance of the actor's eye contact in a performance.

It's that simple dudes.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but what is it made of? Why are we wondering what it's made of at all? It's supposed to be a logo, not scraps from the floor of a metal working shop.
The entire thing is hand made so it's probably literally made of scraps from the floor of a metal working shop.

Maybe it pops out and becomes a weapon (the right side of it is worn down like a used blade) or maybe it's just part of the suit (the rails on the sides look like they're holding the top flap of the chest piece in place) made out of random shit but guns don't look like that. I'll concede it COULD be a gun but it's so heavily modified from one it just doesn't make any sense to me. For all we know they're not even two separate weapons but two halves that lock together but even then, that places the middle and index fingers on a slope which seems really odd to me if you're holding it to fight with.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The reason why white eyes won't ever be a major component of a live action Batman Cowl is the importance of the actor's eye contact in a performance.

It's that simple dudes.
If Spider-Man can get away with wearing a full face mask for a shitload of movies, it wouldn't kill Batman to have the awesome white eyes.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I really like it. Its more in line with a Batman who is supposed to project an image of terror and darkness and less a jacked up dude whose gonna kick your ass. The criminals are scared of the very image of him and this looks to be the perfect fit for that vibe.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
If Spider-Man can get away with wearing a full face mask, it wouldn't kill Batman to have the awesome white eyes.
We need to see Bruce's eyes though. That weariness and pain is crucial to the character in a live action setting, especially with a performer like Pattinson who is so great at conveying emotion through his expressions.

Spiderman, especially in his current form, isn't that deep.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The entire thing is hand made so it's probably literally made of scraps from the floor of a metal working shop.

Maybe it pops out and becomes a weapon (the right side of it is worn down like a used blade) or maybe it's just part of the suit (the rails on the sides look like they're holding the top flap of the chest piece in place) made out of random shit but guns don't look like that. I'll concede it COULD be a gun but it's so heavily modified from one it just doesn't make any sense to me. For all we know they're not even two separate weapons but two halves that lock together but even then, that places the middle and index fingers on a slope which seems really odd to me if you're holding it to fight with.

I'm just not feeling this at all. When I heard this was a leaner detective Batman, I pictured Neal Adams stylized, not tactical steampunk. Oh well.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
If Deadpool 1 & 2 weren't actual things I might agree with you but they pulled it off so well. Batman should be able to, too.

Oh yeah forgot about that one, you,re right it totally worked!

Still might clash with the darker and more edgy tone of Batman, but I agree I would love to see it!

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
have they said if this movie is going to be more of him doing detective work? i personally feel like that aspect of batman has gotten lost in a lot of portrayals. i like when hes going around gotham on his own putting clues together using his own smarts and wit as opposed to letting the computer in the batcave do the heavy lifting on analysis

Oct 25, 2017
have they said if this movie is going to be more of him doing detective work? i personally feel like that aspect of batman has gotten lost in a lot of portrayals. i like when hes going around gotham on his own putting clues together using his own smarts and wit as opposed to letting the computer in the batcave do the heavy lifting on analysis
Yes! Heavy focus on detective work.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Looks ok. Deadpool made the transition from the comic pages to the movie screen without loosing a single detail. I keep wishing and hoping one day we'll see a more traditional looking get-up with the full cape and white eyes. I don't mind this though. Leather is neat. Hard to say without being able to see the whole thing proper.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
The time until this movie releases is going to be so insufferable from the people who have only seen Pattinson in twilight and say he's a garbage actor. He's legit one of the best working actors out there. The response to this is already so gross on twitter and IG.