• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
We're obviously talking about major publishers and major publisher support has always been an issue with Nintendo. So no not really relevant to the main point I was making.
Not always actually. The NES and SNES days are long over though. It's 2018. Momentum is finally, undeniably back on Nintendo's side with a platform with enormous core appeal.So, I guess the future will tell us who's right:p

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
DQ11 will do like 1-2m, Octopath will do like 1-2m also.

So I think they'll do basically the same numbers.
after mh, there's always a small chance dq could blow up a bit.

at least they added voice acting.

This thread has been a slog though. I saw it was 12 pages when I got home from work,
and then going through I skipped everything cause half of it is you guys arguing with rainir sheesh

Oct 26, 2017
after mh, there's always a small chance dq could blow up a bit.

at least they added voice acting.

This thread has been a slog though. I saw it was 12 pages when I got home from work,
and then going through I skipped everything cause half of it is you guys arguing with rainir sheesh

MH is an open world action RPG though... That's a pretty appealing genre in America.

DQ is a turn based JRPG that bases a lot of itself on nostalgia for something most American gamers didn't experience.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's pretty normal to convert your project to newer versions of UE4 repeatedly during development.

The catch is that they might want updates from current or upcoming versions of Unreal Engine 4 in order to have the game run better on Switch, so it takes a few months to convert to a newer version, or it could take even longer if you need to wait until an upcoming version comes out and then spend a couple months converting.

I suspect the version they want to use either just came out (4.19) or is coming out in the future, hence the delay.
Ahhh, I see. So NCL gets into bed with a company like Nvidia to finally get a system that supports modern day APIs and whatnots and this happens.
uUu9hwp.png

Cheers for the response.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
MH is an open world action RPG though... That's a pretty appealing genre in America.

DQ is a turn based JRPG that bases a lot of itself on nostalgia for something most American gamers didn't experience.
MH... Is neither an open world game nor is it an RPG!!! O_o
The more obvious trait that helped MHW a lot in the west while DQ lack is that MH is a game that heavily embrace and encourage multiplayer while DQXI doesn't.

I doubt DQ could reach even a half of MHW numbers but something like Nier:A or P5 numbers would be a good growth for the series in the west.

Last edited:

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I think DQXI will do about DQVIII or IX numbers on PS4 in the west. They both got a bit over a million iirc. I think Switch+PS4 could've combined to somewhat more than that.

Day and date PC though, that's a wildcard and could be a good one.

Late Switch release will not move much, I'd guess.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. Do you have something similar for PS4 during its first year ?
Sure. For things announced year 1.

Bandai Namco PS4
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Summer Lesson
  • Gundam series (became Gundam Battle Operation Next?)
  • The Idolm@ster series (became The Idolm@ster: Platinum Stars?)

Capcom
  • Strider
  • Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • Deep Down (vaporware)

Koei Tecmo
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
  • Bladestorm: Nightmare
  • Samurai Warriors 4 II
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Bandai Namco)
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

Konami
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Silent Hills (canceled)

Level 5 PS4
  • Wonder Flick R (canceled)

Marvelous
  • none

Sega
  • Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin!
  • Yakuza 0
  • Persona 5 (Atlus)

Square Enix
  • Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • Final Fantasy XIV Online: Heavensward
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts III

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it's pretty normal to convert your project to newer versions of UE4 repeatedly during development.

The catch is that they might want updates from current or upcoming versions of Unreal Engine 4 in order to have the game run better on Switch, so it takes a few months to convert to a newer version, or it could take even longer if you need to wait until an upcoming version comes out and then spend a couple months converting.

I suspect the version they want to use either just came out (4.19) or is coming out in the future, hence the delay.

They could have made a own version instead since they announced the game several years ago.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017

is mh open world? but yea I wasn't comparing them in the sense of gameplay.

more in the sense of I won't underestimate how more jp centric ps4 games do in the west after neir, mh, persona, etc

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France
It's not a phenomenon in Japan, it sold worse than III, VII and IX. It's remake also sold worse than the I-VII remakes too.

Top 4 then ? Still one of the best sold title in the serie (more than 11 games). And I don't know if I wouldn't call it a phenomenon in Japan at something like ~3.5 millions. Unless you want to say that MH on 3DS wasn't a phenomenon in Japan either, because on average, they sold less than that (or equal maybe ?).

Oct 26, 2017
is mh open world? but yea I wasn't comparing them in the sense of gameplay.

more in the sense of I won't underestimate how more jp centric ps4 games do in the west after neir, mh, persona, etc

I'm owned in that I've only watched bits of MHW and thought MHW was open world for some reason. :/

But I think DQ11 could do the similar numbers to Nier and Persona, sure.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Top 4 then ? Still one of the best sold title in the serie (more than 11 games). And I don't know if I wouldn't call it a phenomenon in Japan at something like ~3.5 millions. Unless you want to say that MH on 3DS wasn't a phenomenon in Japan either, because on average, they sold less than that (or equal maybe ?).
For a Dragon Quest, VIII was a lower selling entry in modern times. You have to go back 2-3 decades to find a lower seller while the franchise was still growing. XI looks like it's going to end up doing worse though, minus the Switch version.

It's not especially well regarded in Japan in retrospect either. Middle of the road really.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is something like DQIII is the general favorite and DQV is the fan darling but that's an outside read.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After Nier and Persona and MH broke out in the west like that, are people really doubting that DQ11 would at least have a good chance to go way above a million and sell much better than any predecessor in the west)?

DQ11 will most likely be the MHW of DQ, finally ending the series association with Ninty platforms and be the most major successful in the west

Last edited:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After Nier and Persona and MH broke out in the west like that, are people really doubting that DQ11 would at least have a good chance to go way above a million and sell much better than any predecessor in the west)?

DQ11 will most likely be the MHW of DQ, finally ending the series association with Ninty platforms and be the most major success in the west
I dunno. DQ simply doesn't look like something that appeals to westerners. I sure hope I'm wrong though.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
DQ11 will most likely be the MHW of DQ, finally ending the series association with Ninty platforms and be the most major success in the west

I'm extremely curious why you think this. MH World had a simultaneous world wide release and was unveiled as a highlight of Sony's E3 presser. DQ XI is going to be 14 months after the Japanese version and was unveiled in a tweet.

Anything is possible of course, but Capcom made the West a clear emphasis with World right from the start. I see no evidence of that with SE and DQXI (no X1 version is a pretty big tell).

Peace

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
France

It will probably do better than people except around here (isn't it the trend for month ?), but the MHW of DQ ? I don't know about that. I know it only need to break 1 million to do so, it could happen easily, but I don't know, it's way less obvious than MHW to me. MHW case was easy, DQ is much more complicated. If the franchise didn't break in the west with DQVIII or the 3DS remake of it, I don't know if DQXI will be enough.

But hey, it just needs to do 1 million.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm extremely curious why you think this. MH World had a simultaneous world wide release and was unveiled as a highlight of Sony's E3 presser. DQ XI is going to be 14 months after the Japanese version and was unveiled in a tweet.

Anything is possible of course, but Capcom made the West a clear emphasis with World right from the start. I see no evidence of that with SE and DQXI (no X1 version is a pretty big tell).
Big 3D Square Enix RPG, good reception, out of the "portable ghetto". It has everything to sell well to the typical forum gamer. I think 2M for the PS4 game is very possible.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

That ni no game probably isn't doing so hot. DQ11 gonna struggle. It's no mhw. At all

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
Big 3D Square Enix RPG, good reception, out of the "portable ghetto". It has everything to sell well to the typical forum gamer. I think 2M for the PS4 game is very possible.
Well to be honest Monster Hunter World did well since it had a multiplayer component that was very addicting and well deserved. DQ11 would literally need a lot of media attention in general. That 30k views for a localization trailer is not good.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what is Persona at? Something like 2 million WW? What is at in Japan? Between half a million and a million, no? So say, 1.5 million? That's not much beyond what DQ already sells with mainline entries in the west.

I think DQ can see an improvement just on PS4 and might well do so. I don't think it will be large. DQ isn't a mainstream franchise in the west like it is in Japan and honestly I think as a niche product Persona probably has more going for it in terms of content westerners want from Japan. There is so much "DQ is bland generic fantasy cartoon crap" sentiment whereas P5 is hip, stylish, and sexy anime, which is what I think niche buying audiences in the west want. Could be reading too much into attitudes here though, which tend towards incredibly negative and off the mark wrt DQ.

I think Persona is the most apt comparison. It is a turn-based JRPG. Automata and MH are different beasts. Both have more appealing gameplay types and Automata at least really resonated with "what we want from Japanese content," I think, much like Persona.

(Again, curious about day and date PC).

Last edited:

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much did DQ VIII sell in the West?
Not comparable, we're living in a post Persona 5 and MHW world. Just the fact that this game has GFX and will get the WoM out with social media and reviews will make it sell way better. It's also a big "portable" franchise going back to Playstation home consoles and people are showing up to show support to these.

Well to be honest Monster Hunter World did well since it had a multiplayer component that was very addicting and well deserved. DQ11 would literally need a lot of media attention in general. That 30k views for a localization trailer is not good.
Well, I'm not saying it will do MHW. No one believes that, but Persona 5 numbers are possible and these would already be great and push the series to a future home PS direction.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles is dead once again :(
Nay that number is alright, series is not huge in Japan in the first place and PS4 is not a particularly hot platform in Japan either, unlike PSP. Also, I can safely tell you that VC4 doesn't really have a huge budget. If Sega can keep those trash tier Shining RPGs going, there's no reason they can't sustain VC.

Not comparable, we're living in a post Persona 5 and MHW world. Just the fact that this game has GFX and will get the WoM out with social media and reviews will make it sell way better. It's also a big "portable" franchise going back to Playstation home consoles and people are showing up to show support to these.
DQVIII had a FF12 demo though. SE put some real effort into it.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017

I think you're really reaching with the World comparison. But we'll see.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It literally has nothing to do with "big portable franchise going back to Playstation". Nobody will buy a game because of that, it's like the weirdest fanboy theory. Most people who bought MHW in the west never played a MH before.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It literally has nothing to do with "big portable franchise going back to Playstation". Nobody will buy a game because of that, it's like the weirdest fanboy theory. Most people who bought MHW in the west never played a MH before.
Are you sure? Read the comments in threads for games like this. And of course they didn't play MH before, it was portable and a bunch of people straight up reject portable - they just knew it was good.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Square takes over a year to translate DQXI and people are surprised porting to Switch takes long!

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yasuda of ACE Institute (which analyzes the Japanese industry) published an article last month summarizing the performance of the major third parties up to FY2017 Q3. SE, Bamco, Capcom, N-1 and KT are all evaluated, and he has provided a 10 year comparison of the absolute value in profits and revenue for these companies, which I feel is helpful for people to understand what actually goes on in the Japanese side of the industry beyond the typical narrow focus on console games.

I will start with Square Enix.

ckfBZze.png

For March 2018, Q3 (Cumulative), compared to the same period last year, Square-Enix have lowered revenues yet increased operating profits: Revenue of 188 billion yen is down 1%, Operating Profit of 33.7 billion yen is up 57%.

With regards to the reduction in revenue, the primary reasons are the difference in revenue for simultaneous world-wide launched HD titles like FFXV vs. the largely domestic launch of Dragon Quest 11, and the under-performance of anticipated amusement machine "Densha de GO". As for this quarter (3 months duration). Compared to the 2nd quarter this year, revenues and profits are much reduced. In addition to "Dragon Quest 11" having already went through its sales cycle, there is signs of slow down on the smartphone game app segment, where it generated revenues of 23.7 billion yen in the 1st quarter, 22.7 billion yen in the 2nd quarter, and 21.3 billion in the third.

As for increased operating profits, reasons include the release of the expansion to Dragon Quest X (SE lost profit last year when no expansion was released for this game), and continued strong download sales of legacy software such Nier Automata etc.

(With regards to decreasing mobile revenue)The mobile game market as a whole seem to be in a slump in the 3rd quarter of this year, many companies experienced reduced revenues compared to previous quarters which includes companies like the later mentioned Bandai Namco Holdings. The reasons for this varies by company, but for non-specific reasons, there is a possibility that the market is influenced by the process of saturation. While smartphones are rapidly achieving high performance in the market, it is impossible to deny that design-wise (I assume he means game design) it has become stratified, and the play styles of mobile game players have become increasingly fixed.

For HD Games, the company have added the Nintendo Switch as a target for multi platform development (heh). AAA titles will seemingly arrive in the following quarters, the assessment is that there are many chances of increasing profitability for Square Enix.

Bamdai Namco is next, though it depends on what happens next before I can update,...

Last edited:

Echizen

Oct 27, 2017
Famitsu numbers are out.

Kirby Star Allies - 94,000
Ni no Kuni II - 52,000
Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 47,000

An even better hold for Kirby Star Allies than on Media Create, but Valkyria Chronicles 4 is quite a bit lower. It has an estimated sell-through of 60-80%, but I'm guessing it's much closer to the 60% number.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Famitsu numbers are out.

Kirby Star Allies - 94,000
Ni no Kuni II - 52,000
Valkyria Chronicles 4 - 47,000

An even better hold for Kirby Star Allies than on Media Create, but Valkyria Chronicles 4 is quite a bit lower. It has an estimated sell-through of 60-80%, but I'm guessing it's much closer to the 60% number.

Kirby still showing why he is the King lol.^_^ And, i don't see it legs petering off any time soon here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Do people forget that Dragon Quest XI is coming to the Switch? Yeah later annoying enough but it is coming, Nintendo third party support is going to get better from here.

I just wish Square could show us footage of the Switch version.

Oct 26, 2017
Also Famitsu has the Switch version of AoT2 having sold more than the PS4 version not just for the week, but now period as the highest selling version, so right now we have:

Attack on Titan 2:

03./00. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 28.099 / NEW <60-80%>
11./03. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 10.334 / 38.433 <80-100%> (-63%)

02./00. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 28.807 / NEW <40-60%>
14./02. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 9.077 / 37.884 <40-60%> (-68%)

07./00. [PSV] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥6.800) - 12.323 / NEW <40-60%>
18./07. [PSV] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥6.800) - 4.218 / 16.541 <40-60%> (-66%)

Last edited:

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also Famitsu has the Switch version of AoT2 having sold more than the PS4 version not just for the week, but now period as the highest selling version, so right now we have:

Attack on Titan 2:

03./00. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 28.099 / NEW <60-80%>
11./03. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 10.334 / 38.433 <80-100%>

02./00. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 28.807 / NEW <40-60%>
14./02. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 9.077 / 37.884 <40-60%>

07./00. [PSV] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥6.800) - 12.323 / NEW <40-60%>
18./07. [PSV] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥6.800) - 4.218 / 16.541 <40-60%>

Selling more for a bomba product won't matter much lol. If you ask me here. The only thing i am certain, KT probably will abandon PSV soon while NSW and PS4 is going to be their product going forward.+PC on the west

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Famitsu Sales: Week 12, 2018 (Mar 19 - Mar 25)

01./01. [NSW] Kirby Star Allies <ACT> (Nintendo) {2018.03.16} (¥5.980) - 94.150 / 317.961 <60-80%> (-58%)
02./00. [PS4] Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom # <RPG> (Level 5) {2018.03.23} (¥8.000) - 51.741 / NEW <60-80%>
03./00. [PS4] Valkyria Chronicles 4 # <SLG> (Sega) {2018.03.21} (¥7.990) - 46.852 / NEW <60-80%>
04./00. [3DS] Detective Pikachu <ADV> (Pokemon Co.) {2018.03.23} (¥4.980) - 34.037 / NEW <40-60%>
05./04. [NSW] Splatoon 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.07.21} (¥5.980) - 28.650 / 2.146.190 <80-100%> (+21%)
06./00. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.22} (¥6.800) - 21.064 / NEW <20-40%>
07./08. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 13.754 / 1.397.018 <80-100%> (+13%)
08./10. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.10.27} (¥5.980) - 11.104 / 1.613.076 <80-100%> (+12%)
09./06. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World # <ACT> (Capcom) {2018.01.26} (¥8.980) - 10.924 / 1.917.492 <80-100%> (-25%)
10./09. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 10.876 / 870.895 <80-100%> (+6%)
11./03. [NSW] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 10.334 / 38.433 <80-100%> (-63%)
12./00. [NSW] PriPara All Idol Perfect Stage! <ACT> (Takara Tomy) {2018.03.22} (¥5.980) - 10.096 / NEW <40-60%>
13./00. [PSV] Ikemen Sengoku: Toki o Kakeru Koi - Aratanaru Deai # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2018.03.22} (¥6.300) - 9.090 / NEW <80-100%>
14./02. [PS4] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥7.800) - 9.077 / 37.884 <40-60%> (-68%)
15./05. [PS4] Like the North Star # <ADV> (Sega) {2018.03.08} (¥8.390) - 8.332 / 155.378 <80-100%> (-56%)
16./11. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.11.17} (¥4.980) - 6.393 / 2.198.231 <80-100%> (-9%)
17./15. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege - Advanced Edition <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2018.03.01} (¥6.000) - 4.352 / 23.011 <60-80%> (-10%)
18./07. [PSV] Attack on Titan 2 # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.15} (¥6.800) - 4.218 / 16.541 <40-60%> (-66%)
19./00. [PS4] Assassin's Creed: Rogue Remastered <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2018.03.22} (¥3.980) - 3.909 / NEW <40-60%>
20./18. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} (¥6.800) - 3.731 / 135.341 <80-100%> (+13%)
21./21. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 3.649 / 364.544 <80-100%> (+24%)
22./17. [NSW] Dragon Quest Builders <ADV> (Square Enix) {2018.03.01} (¥4.800) - 3.388 / 44.346 <60-80%> (-16%)
23./19. [NSW] Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle <SLG> (Nintendo) {2018.01.18} (¥5.980) - 3.123 / 185.280 <80-100%> (+1%)
24./00. [PSV] Dance with Devils: My Carol # <ADV> (Rejet) {2018.03.22} (¥6.300) - 3.019 / NEW <60-80%>
25./22. [NSW] Pokken Tournament DX <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2017.09.22} (¥5.980) - 2.925 / 231.005 <80-100%> (+11%)
26./26. [NSW] Arms <FTG> (Nintendo) {2017.06.16} (¥5.980) - 2.759 / 351.051 <80-100%> (+16%)
27./28. [3DS] Mario Party: The Top 100 <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.12.28} (¥4.980) - 2.401 / 181.068 <80-100%> (+8%)
28./00. [PS4] Just Cause 3: Gold Edition <Just Cause 3 \ Just Cause 3: Sky Fortress \ Just Cause 3: Mech Land Assault \ Just Cause 3: Bavarium Sea Heist> <ACT> (Square Enix) {2018.03.22} (¥4.800) - 2.372 / NEW <20-40%>
29./00. [3DS] Kirby Battle Royale <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.11.30} (¥4.980) - 2.259 / 164.342 <80-100%> (+26%)
30./27. [3DS] Doraemon: Nobita no Takarajima <ADV> (FuRyu) {2018.03.01} (¥5.480) - 2.180 / 13.517 <60-80%> (-6%)

Top 30

NSW - 14
PS4 - 8
3DS - 5
PSV - 3

HARDWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|  NSW  |     51.563 |     47.841 |     79.493 |    629.986 |    524.371 |   4.037.144 |
| PS4 # |     19.175 |     19.845 |     30.479 |    687.365 |    586.601 |   6.544.228 |
| 3DS # |     13.011 |     11.100 |     51.289 |    213.384 |    630.203 |  23.951.928 |
| PSV # |      4.494 |      4.563 |      7.529 |     65.567 |    190.058 |   5.709.193 |
| XB1 # |        155 |        142 |         85 |      5.269 |      3.701 |      92.861 |
|  WIU  |         46 |         54 |        383 |        929 |     15.404 |   3.302.484 |
|  ALL  |     88.444 |     83.545 |    171.076 |  1.602.500 |  1.958.817 |  43.637.838 |
| XB1 X |         71 |         47 |            |      4.148 |            |       6.451 |
| XB1 S |         84 |         95 |         71 |      1.121 |      2.929 |      14.408 |
|PS4 Pro|      6.169 |      7.407 |      5.632 |    148.574 |     90.394 |     663.518 |
|  PS4  |     13.006 |     12.438 |     24.847 |    538.791 |    496.207 |   5.880.710 |
|  PSV  |      4.494 |      4.563 |      7.529 |     65.567 |    190.058 |   5.709.193 |
|n-2DSLL|      7.634 |      6.439 |            |    136.792 |            |     724.343 |
|  2DS  |        558 |        445 |      9.392 |      9.331 |    161.884 |     572.021 |
| n-3DS |      4.819 |      4.216 |     41.897 |     67.261 |    468.319 |   5.735.287 |

Last edited:

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Do people forget that Dragon Quest XI is coming to the Switch? Yeah later annoying enough but it is coming, Nintendo third party support is going to get better from here.

I just wish Square could show us footage of the Switch version.
It really depends on what it is. And when it comes. But being a late port will hurt it and until we hear about special additions or something...idk. Don't think we should expect a particularly important performance from it in the grander scheme of things.

And again...wrt Japan this is how it has always been since it missed launch which again it was always going to do.

The only thing here is that is also going to miss western launch too. It was common to assume it wouldn't (not that such an assumption was universal but the whole Japanese voice acting/western voice acting/localization/symphonic music all coming with Switch/western release was a common assumption).

I think launching with a Switch version in the west would help it. The silver lining is the PC version so there still is a multiplatform angle (day and date too), which I think could help DQXI outperform DQVIII and IX.

As to Switch support...I again think the DQXI situation doesn't mean that much. That SE wanted to do this and is putting the DQ spinoffs formerly on the PS ecosystem also on Switch is a clear sign that Switch is part of DQs future and if a DQXII lands during its lifetime, I'd assume it gets it (and has it developed for it during main development rather than after).

I think that commitment is a very good thing for Switch and Nintendo, but, yes, the Switch port is not coming along as one would hope and the question very much becomes "What will it be? What purpose will it serve?"

I think the 3DS blow is worse, as a fan, also more predicted though.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
06./00. [NSW] Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2018.03.22} (¥6.800) - 21.064 / NEW <20-40%>

Ouch

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good guy Capcom investing MHW returns for childcare and education of employees children.