• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Thats a pretty big price drop indeed. Its the same amount as the emergency 3DS pricedrop back in 2012 (although a smaller percentage drop). But, i'm more curious to see if the other model still remains at 30k yen.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
timing is weird, but I'm guessing they are banking on "if you want a system with tv out, just buy one now"

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Famitsu:

Nintendo Switch/75481台(累計:844万8907台)
プレイステーション4/6756台(累計:700万1108台)
プレイステーション4 Pro/4547台(累計120万9490台)
Xbox One X/92台(累計:16167台)
Xbox One S/29台(累計:90697台)
Newニンテンドー2DS LL(ニンテンドー2DS含む)/2164台(累計:163万6316台)
Newニンテンドー3DS LL/386台(累計:588万1276台)
プレイステーション Vita/206台(586万1268台)

SMM2: 83k
FFXIV: 22k
YW4: 19k
AoT Switch: 19k
AoT PS4: 14k

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Posting this here instead of the reaction thread since it will get buried.

Obviously reality will bear out, but I think the decision to go un-dockable is clear signaling.

For Japan: Obviously cater to the preference of the market for handhelds - rather straightforward.

For ROTW:

Appeal to the DS crowd and re-route the adoption path for this market. The Switch Lite is not meant to primarily appeal to the crowd that already owns a Switch. Instead it is a lower-priced entry-point for the market at large, and the lack of docking features means that the OG Switch is now definitely an upgrade.
The big picture idea is to maximize Switches per household. A Switch Lite that still switches removes the need to ever purchase an OG Switch. Making it undockable means that there is true incentive in later "upgrading" by purchasing an OG Switch. The gamble here is that the Switch Lite is now the "go-to" and the OG (or a Pro down the line) is the 2nd/3rd/4th purchase in the household. Nintendo has to assume that this strategy will get more folks on their hardware than just having varying form factors for the same product.​
Yep, you're right.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Something very interesting from the official Site about the switch.

The Battery life is 20-33% bigger, but the battery itself is 3570 mAh compared to the 4310mAh of the Original.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like YW4 is getting a second version. Latest issue of CoroCoro has a contest related to the latest movie, and one of the prizes is a copy of an unspecified YW game.

There's no other details so hard to say for sure, but given what we know, it's probably just a re-release with the free updates and paid DLC announced last week, to be released in December. I highly doubt Level-5 would be able to release a brand new game so soon anyway.

Also, Switch Lite revealed:

Out on... September 20th.

I know this is the old thread, this is just the 1st thread I read today and I'm catching up so getting to this ppst and out of nowhere boom switch mini is announced lol