• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any guess when Switch ditch away that pathetic number, seriously 40k~50k a week til March? smh

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
MH world is sold out on Amazon uk , Fr and Amazon usa (until 28 January) . Looks like it's performing well everywhere.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
2 things surprised me today for MH:W:

- many stores have low prices (retailers war for this game?), example:

DUd1tGhV4AA5Lxl.jpg

- and many stores have second-hand MHW already (between 6000/7000 yen)

For the first day, it's surprised me.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Next week (whenever we get a report) will be fascinating.

I know 1 million shipment seems low given the comgnet hysteria, but I've thought since the beginning that World could be a title skewing more heavily towards pre orders than other games. Will be interesting to see 2nd shipment size, used market, etc.

Should be fun

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
But that's entirely normal for console games in Japan? I seriously don't understand. Whenever games are priced over 60-70 dollars, competition is pretty fierce. If you go to Amazon Japan, you can pre-order at a discount. If you go to retail stores you'll get good discounts as well.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Media Create

"Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle sold 67,000 copies. Sell-through was also good at 78,26%. Until now, the brand "Rabbits" is not known to be high-profile, reservations also had a sluggish trend but they increased at more than 30.000 during the week of release. Since the end of the year, TVCM dropped on large scale strongly appealing to family group."

30.000+ final preorders is what they really wrote.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
- and many stores have second-hand MHW already (between 6000/7000 yen)
How? The game is fucking amazing. Maybe they realized that they were not able to play in local split screen? I can understand return the game after 2-3 days but it's just the first day.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since when is 1000yen off a new game at retail a "low price" in Japan?
It could just be an attempt to drive additional store traffic. In the States places like Best Buy would randomly advertise and knock $5 - $10 off a Pokemon title on launch day simply to pull customers from other stores with the hopes to recoup losses with add ons.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
...Honestly, I think the "strangest" part is how many stores have second-hand MHW copies already. Even if the price is still high (6,000 / 7,000 Yen), so we'll see how it evolves. A 1,000 Yen discount on launch day doesn't seem like THAT much of a problem.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can find second hand on day one easily with really popular game.

Laughed so hard on lower lower lower buy back price on FFXIII before.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, thx guys :) (kanann, ktslime), surprised cause i didn't see that for last "big" games in Japan.

Last edited:

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's smart that Capcom lowballs MH shipments, but I find it odd that they never seem to do these conservative shipments for other series.
Will be interesting to see how large the opening will be, and whether Capcom PR releases info soon regarding sales(for Japan or WW)..

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom doesn't have the luxury to stuff the channels in Japan if retailers don't want, not with many previous games underperforming.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Today snowed in Osaka, it rarely does. It's about -1 right know I guess.

You can check that here
Still have to zigzag on the street occasionally because it's freezing at night.
Thanks :) Is around -5c unusual in Japan? Never really checked into whats normal temperature there.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I think this is the first time I've experienced negative temperatures since being in Japan. Or at least the first time I've noticed them.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
2 things surprised me today for MH:W:

- many stores have low prices (retailers war for this game?), example:

-and many stores have second-hand MHW already (between 6000/7000 yen)

For the first day, it's surprised me.

Discounts are pretty normal. Second hand is what I find weirder b the that depends where you look.

More than anything it seems supply wasn't an issue day 1, some stores have sold out and others have ample supply.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I don't much like crossing that street when it's clear (yeah I should use cross walks), with all the snow and ice glad I didn't try to go to Akiba Tuesday. Nice pics.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, thx guys :) (kanann, ktslime), surprised cause i didn't see that for last "big" games in Japan.

If you talking about DQXI, DQ is a really easy game to jump in (almost every titles).

Monhun include World has a noob killer moment just around a beginning or a couple of hour in the game.

Even in my little SEA country, I saw some second hand already.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Switch restocks:

From Monday to Thursday, awful, very rare restocks, switch sold out in so many stores but today it's better, Switch restocks are back :p , example:

Bic camera funatobu

売切れでご迷惑をお掛けしていた、Nintendo Switchが入荷致しました!

DUdDJvkVoAAZb44.jpg

Bigger switch restocks announced for tomorrow (27)

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Well the game is sold out on various Amazon across the world, the betas were a success, the game is currently booming on Twitch and the big streamers aren't even on yet, in Japan it looks like it's exceeding all the retailers expectations and the reviews were absolutely stellar.

After spending much time arguing here about what a great job Capcom was doing promoting and appealing to a brand new audience I feel pretty good about that. But more importantly it's great to see Capcom knock it out of the park with what was really a risky move. Monster Hunter can now potentially become a world wide hit franchise for years to come. This situation has to be a shareholder dream.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Well the game is sold out on various Amazon across the world, the betas were a success, the game is currently booming on Twitch and the big streamers aren't even on yet, in Japan it looks like it's exceeding all the retailers expectations and the reviews were absolutely stellar.

After spending much time arguing here about what a great job Capcom was doing promoting and appealing to a brand new audience I feel pretty good about that. But more importantly it's great to see Capcom knock it out of the park with what was really a risky move. Monster Hunter can now potentially become a world wide hit franchise for years to come. This situation has to be a shareholder dream.

I think we should wait for more than a day before making these statements.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we should wait some numbers (first week and long term performance) to get wet :)
Nah it's fine. The signs have been here for while, and now they're basically confirmed. At some point people (and by that I mean the last remnants of doubters mostly found in this thread) need to get their head out of the sand.

But I guess we can wait for an official Capcom statement, which I assume will come very soon.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017

CAPCOM CO., LTD. 3,865.00 +65.00 1.71%

Raguy

Dec 20, 2017
With Famitsu digital sales, let's compare Arms and Xenoblade 2.

Famitsu June 2017 :
Arms : 175,786 (154,845 physical, 20,941 digital)

Arms official number of Nintendo for Q1/2017 ( end of June ) was 230K ( shipment + digital ) for Japan.

Famitsu December 2017 :
Xenoblade 2 : 169,074 (149,390 physical, 19,684 digital)

Status
Not open for further replies.