• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
I think my favorite sales thing, just in general, was the White Paper compilations

Those really offered the kind of broad look at the market that you couldn't get anywhere else, and I don't think anyone else on this forum is going to be able to do that the way Chris did it, either due to lack of access or lack of dedication or both

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Chris for everything you have done.

And gg to the Mods and Admins for how poortly that got handled, like with other Communities here

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
As someone who enjoyed reading these threads but didn't participate, that's a huge loss.

All the best to him. I understand why he won't return.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As always, thanks to Chris and the regulars for the insightful weekly discussions over the course of these past years.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
That's unfortunate if true but I'd say that's a bit of an overreaction to a one day ban.
I doubt it's only because the one day ban. It's also because he gets punished while other people keep getting away with constantly trolling and attacking him with comments like
A thousand times this. The sheer arrogance of some folks drunk off their custom tags when they don't even understand the language of the country whose market they claim to be experts on (above people who actually work there, apparently) is completely bonkers and the main reason for the constant toxic atmosphere that plagues these threads. Just plain refusal to even entertain the notion that they may be wrong sometimes.

It's like the expert on japanese culture GAF meme, but actually serious.

Good grief indeed.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Chris's resources were born out of more than a decade of scrupulous dedication to the topic, and a careful curation of all the information he had so that he could provide historical context for almost any subject just on the fly

You're not going to replace that kind of expertise, and Japanese sales discussions are going to be poorer because of it

Deleted member 39144

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Disappointed, but understandable. As someone who mainly lurks in these threads but reads them weekly, he'll be sorely missed.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Chris for all the hard work you did over the years. I didn't always agree with your opinions on things but respected the hell out of your perspective and the analysis you brought here.

I can't see myself bothering to post in sales threads now, it won't be the same if the users who did so much for the community are gone and all we're left with is news posts. So many regulars that made Sales Era what it was have decided to leave or been banned.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
ah sad to hear Chris leave. This place won't be the same without him. There are still a lot of awesome posters here though. Lots of insight to be had still but sad to hear the biggest contributor going.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris's resources were born out of more than a decade of scrupulous dedication to the topic, and a careful curation of all the information he had so that he could provide historical context for almost any subject just on the fly

You're not going to replace that kind of expertise, and Japanese sales discussions are going to be poorer because of it

yeah this fucking sucks

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the trolls wanted what they wanted. Congrats.

Thanks for all you hard work Chris. I will try follow whatever the community will go, but I will understand if he don't join other place or share his knowledge.

crpj31

Dec 13, 2017
Now the 20 pages discussions about "why should Dragon Quest 12 be a PS exclusive and save the japanese market" can happen without any interruptions.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Chris for all of your contributions and I wish you the best. Even though I've mainly lurked I've always valued and enjoyed reading your insights.

Deleted member 59

Thanks for everything Chris and for dedicating plenty of your time to keeping all this info together and easily accessible.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
mazi just got a three day, they aren't leaving, right? if mazi leaves NintendoEra will be so upset

He is leaving. You may inform NintendoEra of this as well, he will likely be requesting account deletion.

It's almost as if actions have consequences, who knew!

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda bonkers that out of all people, it's Caiops who came out of this without any punishment. This lad has been on full troll-mode for the last few month and caused dozen of thread derails.

Quasi

Banned
Aug 24, 2021
I've been lurking these threads for years, and just when I finally signed up to participate this happens...

Hope Chris will find a new place to go to and that we don't lose out on his work and knowledge completely.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Sales Era. I'm only a lurker but please do let me know if things move somewhere else.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I doubt it's only because the one day ban. It's also because he gets punished while other people keep getting away with constantly trolling and attacking him with comments like

I acknowledged I was definitely complicit in some of the behaviour I criticize in a later post after the guidelines were posted, it's no secret I had some heated discussions with him in the past. I apologized for my conduct, vowed to do better going forward and hoped everyone would make the same effort. But surely you realize Chris, while a valuable member of MCera, was also prone to displaying a bit of an attitude when engaging other folks here, surely? Again I admit I may have fanned the flames in the past and I apologize for that, but he wasn't exactly trying to deescalate in many of those discussions. It's not as one-sided as you make it sound.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no words. Even if someone picks up the slack, so much knowledge is lost to put the numbers into context. Truly sad. Good luck to chris and other regulars who decide to leave.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I rarely post in these threads but I always waited them every Thursday happily. I really liked the many discussions about the state of the Japanese market as I learned a lot of things I didn't know.
Thank you Chris, you'll always be one of the best users in this forum.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for everything, Chris. You will be missed.

It's a sad day when the trolls win.
It's kinda bonkers that out of all people, it's Caiops who came out of this without any punishment. This lad has been on full troll-mode for the last few month and caused dozen of thread derails.
Yuuuuup

TheChits

Oct 25, 2017
Chris is officially done with ResetERA. He's not coming back.

That's it folks.
I've lurked these threads for ages so it is really disappointing to see things end like this. Chris if you see this, you provided an absurd amount of insight and entertainment over the years. Thanks and be well!

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mazi also endured trolling many months from a certain individual and when I decided to report this I got ignored claiming "there was nothing weird with this poster behaviour". The poster got only banned because decided to troll Mazi directly.

This is not fair.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
End of a fucking ERA.

I been following on and off this sales thread since the days when SammySamusu would stan Yokai Watch and post random gifs of JIbanyan with "Pokemon is over" captions, Psycho_Mantis posting all that missinformation that had to be constantly clarified, Kagari posting actual insight into the japanese mobile market and all the white book threads and its just sad to see how in less than 2 days the moderation team just threw this comm and its users into the trash.

Ztwnk0w.gif

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Chris is officially done with ResetERA. He's not coming back.

That's it folks.
Thanks for telling us, like I said I totally understand and want to thank him again for all the work and infos he provided all those years.
He was really one of the reason I was interested in Japanese sales since the old forum, we'll see what the future hold for us, now.

FTLMantis

Oct 28, 2017
This was a huge mistake. I appreciate a lot of the hard work the mods to do to keep this forum free from specific types of toxicity that are rampant elsewhere, but this was one of the worst misreadings of a thread I have ever seen. It likely kills one of the longest running, most informative threads on the website.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Chris for everything that you have done over the years. You've made these threads for over a decade and have always filled them with insights and knowledge about sales. It's genuinely sad how things have turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.