• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bravely 2 is gonna bomb hard imho
Especially compared to Story od Seasons and Rune Factory, I would expect better from SE

It's not preordering that bad at Comg by the looks of things so far. I think Octopath was in the upper 20s at this point.

I think Story of Seasons and Rune Factory might be overperforming more than Bravely is underperforming.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
8zjTLF0.png

Horrible graph to look at from Capcom, but I guess it's great for PR talk
It's a textbook example of making lines and graph without enough real data but presenting it in a way to make the reader think what you want him/her to think.

Biggest thing being the total lack of data in abscissa

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I also have the feeling that Bravely Default 2 does not have much hype and I say it having enjoyed the two previous games a lot.

But who knows.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda wondering if Bravely Default 2 is suffering from something similar to Bravely Second, in that people didn't see it as different enough to be interesting

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is one before then, although I do not expect it to meet Capcom's expectations

Which one ?

Horrible graph to look at from Capcom, but I guess it's great for PR talk
It's a textbook example of making lines and graph without enough real data but presenting it in a way to make the reader think what you want him/her to think.

Biggest thing being the total lack of data in abscissa

Well just to Add Context , the chart I pull this off was from their Growth Strategy Mid to Long Term Slides in the presentation which had 4-5 pages of Details. From Page 34.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's because of lack marketing for BD and 3D World releasing soon which has all the focus now.

Bravely it doing well on COMG so I don't see it bombing like some are expecting. It seems like the game has a lot of things going against it. Hopefully it beats all odds.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also have the feeling that Bravely Default 2 does not have much hype and I say it having enjoyed the two previous games a lot.

But who knows.
I feel like there hasent been any real marketing, like I dont watch t.v. much at all but has there been any commercials? Where are the ads? Wheres the hyping up?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ILikeFeet

Just will go offtopic on this , but what's the rumoured storage drive and the card types for switch pro ?
not something we can divine right now. if you want to be safe, just more of the same. like a 64-128GB emmc flash storage and SD cards again. UFS is an option if they want to give an advantage to digital users though. but physical and people who put their games on SD cards will be at a disadvantage

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted Octopath 2 but hope Bravely does okay. I have no interest in it but it seems high effort.
_______

Capcom could always port Zack and Wiki if they are desparate for legacy content 👀

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
The Bravely series is so, so insanely better than Octopath. I wish it would do twice as well. :(

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Out of curiosity, what do you like better about bravely?

Characterization, voice acting, soundtrack and how meta the game can be. They legit have you

almost delete your save file in Bravely Second while breaking the fourth wall. Not to mention the sub-title twist with F(lying) F(airy) in the first game.

A single tight plotline works much, much better than the eight standalone stories that aren't interwoven whatsoever. The only thing Octopath has on Bravely Second is the glorious pixel art.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Characterization, voice acting, soundtrack and how meta the game can be. They legit have you

almost delete your save file in Bravely Second while breaking the fourth wall. Not to mention the sub-title twist with F(lying) F(airy) in the first game.

A single tight plotline works much, much better than the eight standalone stories that aren't interwoven whatsoever. The only thing Octopath has on Bravely Second is the glorious pixel art.

Soundtrack? No way. Octopath is a absolutely as good or better. That soundtrack is probably the best of this entire gen

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I don't think Bravely Default II will have much growth from the previous entry, if growing at all. There's nothing wrong with it, but that's about the best we can say about it. It's a better looking Bravely Default, it also plays better from what I tried in the demo, but it's still pretty much Bravely Default for better or worse. The game will sell respectably but I don't see anything that will attract people other than the fanbase it already have. It entirely depends on how much the Switch JRPG audience wants to play Bravely again. Rune Factory 5 is a bigger jump and it will be reflected in sales.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Soundtrack? No way. Octopath is a absolutely as good or better. That soundtrack is probably the best of this entire gen

What? Octopath absolutely cannot compete against Bravely Default in the soundtrack department. It's absolutely not even close. Bravely Second does leave a bit to be desired but Default more than makes up for it.

that aesthetic is so good though, i would do bad, bad things for an FFV and VI remake in the octopath style 💦

I'd buy those remakes in a heartbeat!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Octopath Traveler has one of the best soundtracks ever. Bravely is kinda whatever.

Octopath >>> Bravely

Wont wish anything bad on Bravely 2 as far as sales or quality but I have never been less interested in a game than this. Bravely already peaked (lower than Octopath too). There are so many more interesting systems at play in Octopath that can be expanded and grown. I also appreciate the take on an open world 16 bit style game. Very fresh and unique.