• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 30, 2021
A tag has to be given by a mod, the One Winged Slayer one is for people who beat the Smash Bros Sephiroth challenge on Hard.
Okay. How high are the chances for a new member like me to get a tag upon request?

I'd like to be Very Cool Like Heropon, which refers to an annoying sidekick that can't stop reminding people that he's there and constantly gets in the way. I'd say I've done a reasonable good job at building my resume so far.

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
Okay. How high are the chances for a new member like me to get a tag upon request?

I'd like to be Very Cool Like Heropon, which refers to an annoying sidekick that can't stop reminding people that he's there and constantly gets in the way. I'd say I've done a reasonable good job at building my resume so far.
You indeed have lmao.
Your chances to get a tag upon request aren't high.
There's a thread were tags and stuff are detailed, I forgot what it's called.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
Well it had amazing WoM so I think that also helped. I haven't seen a lot of great WoM online for Bravely Default 2 so far, but it may change after.
The WoM was after the game was out, how could BD2 have such thing, it's not out,
After the demo the point about Octopath was great music, cool gameplay, but not worth 60$ iirc (pretty much the same as BD2 actually)

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
It's effectively like saying TPS and FPS are different genre's, they are but they have nearly a 100% overlap so it's kind of moot to say that they shouldn't be compared to each other, if we were comparing smash bros and momotaro i would agree but SMP and momotaro are vying for the exact same audience so they should be compared.
If games among different genres fight for the exact same audience we can make it even more general, every game fights for the same audience.

Momotaro and Mario Party have much bigger differences than between FPS and TPS, nearly 100% overlap has no base.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OH hey, is there any way i could prove i did it?

because i did.

with Hero.

It had to be before Sephiroth's release so you missed out unfortunately, I don't think the mods will be back date it.

Extremely unlikely, they don't do requests.

Bruno MB

PAL Charts Genius
Oct 25, 2017
PREDICTION LEAGUE FEBRUARY 2021

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Feb 1 to Feb 28):

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days)
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days)
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: Before Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2021 thread gets posted.

Attention:
  • Remember for some games it's not only the 1st week.
  • Multiplatform entries are the combined available sales of each platform described.
Rules:
  • Do not edit your post after the deadline. If you do, you'll be disqualified.
  • The official monthly hardware sales will be the sum of weekly numbers for all versions of the system available from Famitsu.
  • The official monthly software sales will be the latest total or the sum of the weekly numbers if the title is release before the period available from the Famitsu Top 30.
  • The official monthly sales for multi-platform releases will be the combined available sales of each platform shown in the title entry.
  • The official monthly sales for games with multiple versions will be the combined available sales of each version shown in the title entry.
  • Any game missing in the Famitsu top 30 will be taken out of the predictions.

Dec 21, 2020
The WoM was after the game was out, how could BD2 have such thing, it's not out,
After the demo the point about Octopath was great music, cool gameplay, but not worth 60$ iirc (pretty much the same as BD2 actually)
It was more than just that, the art style was also a contributing factor too. The issues with BD2 current wom from the demo is the gameplay isn't that great, the art style is a bit off and it has good music. Different from Octopath Traveler

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So you think none of the western audience from World will come back?
Generations Ultimate has a very high western install base. 2-3mil in the west would make it a huge flop. The hype for the game is big right now. It'll sell at the very least 5-6mil in the west.
My prediction is 5mil in Japan and 7mil everywhere else. 12mil ww.

I don't think the Western audience is as loyal as the Japanese one as illustrated with Iceborne retention. But I expect a large number of PC players will return.

2-3 mil in the west will almost be impossible for MH to achieve, it will go to 6-8mil in the west.

anyway if zelda keep's charting like it is now for the rest of the switches lifespan it should comfortably beat out SMO.

if it's sales start to follow a similar trajectory to SMO's then there's no chance, I think both will end up at least at 3mil in Japan. I think zelda has a lower floor but a higher ceiling.

I think it could hit those heights with PC added to the mix. On one platform I can see it going better than Xbox but not touching PlayStation numbers.

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
It was more than just that, the art style was also a contributing factor too. The issues with BD2 current wom from the demo is the gameplay isn't that great, the art style is a bit off and it has good music. Different from Octopath Traveler
Before (and after) the game was out, the most the artstyle did was fueling the fact that the game was not worth 60$ i would say, wouldn't be surprised if mention of "mobile game" wasn't made

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the Western audience is as loyal as the Japanese one as illustrated with Iceborne retention. But I expect a large number of PC players will return.

I think it could hit those heights with PC added to the mix. On one platform I can see it going better than Xbox but not touching PlayStation numbers.

I don't think Iceborne dlc would a fair representation considering the DLC ratio on ps platform we have seen though it has great legs

Last edited:

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 425.000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 85.000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 110.000

Last edited:

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

I remember clearly that after the demo for Octopath lots of people said the game wasn't worth 60 dollars because of the 2bit art-style.

Also there was lots of negativity in the review thread too. So I wouldn't be jumping the gun on Bravely just yet.

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 400000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 70000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 155000

Grads

Oct 25, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 445000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 95000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 150000

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020
Before (and after) the game was out, the most the artstyle did was fueling the fact that the game was not worth 60$ i would say, wouldn't be surprised if mention of "mobile game" wasn't made
I remember clearly that after the demo for Octopath lots of people said the game wasn't worth 60 dollars because of the 2bit art-style.

Also there was lots of negativity in the review thread too. So I wouldn't be jumping the gun on Bravely just yet.
Point is that the game needs that good WoM like Octopath to do 2M or so. 1M is a lock I'm sure, above 2M will depend on how it pans out.

Online anyway.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 500,000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 75,000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 150,000
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultimately, I do expect all three to be a fair bit up compared to their respective previous releases, but how much up I wouldn't be able to tell you. TBH, I suspect these predictions will wind up being conservative.

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 482.000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 121.000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 130.000

Last edited:

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amusingly enough, 4 Heroes of Light was actually developed by a different studio (Matrix Software).

Didn't they basically get taken by Tokita to work on FF Dimensions/FFIV The After Years 3D remake?

The real weird thing is that horror game Tokita and Asano worked on for the Wii that was published by Marvelous for some reason...

Soph

Oct 25, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 666,666
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 66,666
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 166,666

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 555,555
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 33,444
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 122,111

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
Seeing how predominante NSW software has been throughout the year, it's astounding to say the least and this week is no exception. Would love to see more blue in the chart. So I recompiled all the info since 2017, W43 from the data pulled from the Famitsu archived thanks to Chris1964. I could put all the Top 30 in the same chart but it's quite a mess. So a top 15 made it visually clear. It's a WtW bar chart race

PD: It's almost 17 minutes long. So get comfortable and enjoy the ride. xD You can skip it to certain week too.

Famitsu Sales Week to Week Chart

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

The opinions on Era don't necessarily mirror the impressions of the game in Japan, not to say that there aren't people who don't like the direction of the game, but I don't think we can say that if the game gets a bad WoM in the West it follows that it will have bad WoM here.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
The opinions on Era don't necessarily mirror the impressions of the game in Japan, not to say that there aren't people who don't like the direction of the game, but I don't think we can say that if the game gets a bad WoM in the West it follows that it will have bad WoM here.

True it was more me saying that we really don't have a gauge on Bravely's sales yet because one marketing hasn't started imo and wom isn't there yet because the game hasn't released for either the West or Japan. Same way we couldn't gauge Octopath's sales until marketing started and wom was happening for the game. Era opinions doesn't matter in the long run either way.

Anyway it doesn't matter at this point because who knows the game could be bad. Hopefully that isn't the case tho.

Djehuty

Sep 2, 2020
Seeing how predominante NSW software has been throughout the year, it's astounding to say the least and this week is no exception. Would love to see more blue in the chart. So I recompiled all the info since 2017, W43 from the data pulled from the Famitsu archived thanks to Chris1964. I could put all the Top 30 in the same chart but it's quite a mess. So a top 15 made it visually clear. It's a WtW bar chart race

PD: It's almost 17 minutes long. So get comfortable and enjoy the ride. xD You can skip it to certain week too.

if you go to NeoGaf (should i just say the "other place" nobody else seems to refer to it by name soooooo?) there is even older data.

regardless this is really good and helpful to visualize recent data. thanks. it must've taken a lot of time to do.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
if you go to NeoGaf (should i just say the "other place" nobody else seems to refer to it by name soooooo?) there is even older data.
I don't think anyone cares anymore; the euphemism thing was kinda just for when feelings were a little raw back in 2017/2018. lot of people still do it but yeah it's whatever

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020

Thx, was a fun watch. Gives a great overview.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dont know where you got your general impressions but people are way more warmer on BD2 from the 2nd demo, they also noticed the graphical improvements

Kakadu18

Banned
Dec 31, 2020
I think 2mil ww is the ceiling for BD2, while Octopath Traveler is probably going to sell over 2.5mil.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 525,000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 65,000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 145,000

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 432.109
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 98.765
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 123.456

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 510.000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 72.000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 130.000

Jan 8, 2021

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days) - 444.000
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days) - 91.000
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days) - 117.000

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they basically get taken by Tokita to work on FF Dimensions/FFIV The After Years 3D remake?

The real weird thing is that horror game Tokita and Asano worked on for the Wii that was published by Marvelous for some reason...
Yes, they did that, and a few of SE's terrible mobile ports as well.
And I had no idea about that horror game, looked it up. Huh, that sure is weird.

hiska-kun

Oct 26, 2017

[NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (17 days)
[NSW] Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town (4 days)
[NSW] Bravely Default II (3 days)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: Before Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2021 thread gets posted.

Attention:
  • Remember for some games it's not only the 1st week.
  • Multiplatform entries are the combined available sales of each platform described.
Rules:
  • Do not edit your post after the deadline. If you do, you'll be disqualified.
  • The official monthly hardware sales will be the sum of weekly numbers for all versions of the system available from Famitsu.
  • The official monthly software sales will be the latest total or the sum of the weekly numbers if the title is release before the period available from the Famitsu Top 30.
  • The official monthly sales for multi-platform releases will be the combined available sales of each platform shown in the title entry.
  • The official monthly sales for games with multiple versions will be the combined available sales of each version shown in the title entry.
  • Any game missing in the Famitsu top 30 will be taken out of the predictions.

We're still waiting for November and December results. lol