• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Three days have passed since our last check, so let's see how MHW is ranking around the world on amazon:

Japan: 1 +0
US: *Not in top 100*
UK: *Not in top 100*
Germany: *Not in top 100*
France: *Not in top 100*
Spain: *Not in top 100*
Italy: *Not in top 100*
Canada: 58 -31

I doubt we will see it back in many charts during December, so this series will probably become interesting again when the new year arrives.

Series history:
December 12th: https://www.resetera.com/posts/2040975/
December 11th: https://www.resetera.com/posts/1996000/
December 10th: https://www.resetera.com/posts/1951376/

I still have no sense of mindshare for this game in the west.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, don't see the point of even looking at Amazon rankings during the holiday season, charts are dominated by Christmas purchases, not pre-orders.

Oh no doubt. But I am not limiting it to just this data set, lol. It was a more general statement with this just being another data point.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
And it seems like AC:PC didn't do that well in its best market.
I'm curious to see what they do with Zelda. I'm assuming the second RPG IP is Xenoblade, which feels like a pretty straightforward bet in terms of design and monetization, but Zelda is far less obvious.

Speaking of Lineage,Is the community of the game still big in Korea?
The top two games in South Korea this month are Lineage M and Lineage 2 Revolution.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dragon Quest Rivals managed to make it in the top 10 grossing titles during its debut month.

japannov1hqp7v.png

The market has also diversified to the point where Puzzle & Dragons coming in at #4 only gets Gung-Ho to #9 on the publisher list. Namco is also earning more than Fate/Grand Order when you combine their games together. Similarly, Lineage at #3 only gets Netmarble to #8. It used to be that having a top title could land you a top publisher spot even in the #3/#4 spots.

japannov2ujqbg.png

Still really intersting to see Nintendo unable to break throught that top 10 in Japan even with Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem launched on the mobile platform already. No wonder, shareholders is dissapointed with Nintendo there.

casiopao GYAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of Lineage,Is the community of the game still big in Korea?

Or make a mobile crossover between Idolm@ster and Pacman
Idk how that would work :P

Hahahhahah. Thats what happen when they abandon Idol managing genre and go chase that rhythm game genre lol.(Also Cinderella Girls is ten times superior vs the original now lol.)

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Still really intersting to see Nintendo unable to break throught that top 10 in Japan even with Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem launched on the mobile platform already. No wonder, shareholders is dissapointed with Nintendo there.
I feel they have correctly identified that they need more games, but Gung-Ho feels like such a poor choice of partner unless they're designing all the games in house and just having them do grunt work.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to see what they do with Zelda. I'm assuming the second RPG IP is Xenoblade, which feels like a pretty straightforward bet in terms of design and monetization, but Zelda is far less obvious.

The top two games in South Korea this month are Lineage M and Lineage 2 Revolution.

Golden Sun would make sense for a gacha RPG into the same way Xenoblade (2) would. It depends whether Nintendo wants to venture out from their currently relevant series.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Sun would make sense for a gacha RPG into the same way Xenoblade (2) would. It depends whether Nintendo wants to venture out from their currently relevant series.
I mean, Xenoblade 2 is a game with gacha crystals, guest artists, and even crossover gacha characters, on top of systems like sending out your less useful units to gather stuff for you.

It would be pretty surprising if they built the console game as a mobile title and then didn't follow up with a mobile title.

But yes, Golden Sun is the other possibility, but I just imagine that being something further down the road.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahhahah. Thats what happen when they abandon Idol managing genre and go chase that rhythm game genre lol.(Also Cinderella Girls is ten times superior vs the original now lol.)
Wait what? I think you meant inferior. Here's the meaning for superior if you're curious - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/superior?s=t

casiopao Speaking of Lineage,Is the community of the game still big in Korea?
Oh didn't see this post. Like Nirolack mentioned it's still dominating the charts.

silpheed-mcd

Oct 27, 2017
Users Predictions: 4 Millions Switch in Japan

Q117-FT-F_Hennick_hero.jpg

Source: gamedatalibrary

GBA: 41 weeks

3DS: 44 weeks

NDS: 54 weeks
WII: 54 weeks

PS2: 66 weeks

GBC:
81 weeks

PSP: 94 weeks

PSX: 107 weeks

PS4:
151 weeks

PS3: 163 weeks

N64: 182 weeks

PSV:
185 weeks

NGC:
259 weeks

Switch?
For now, 41 weeks - 2.758.140

USERS PREDICTIONS (weeks - numbers)

Arthoneceron:
51 weeks - 4.075.000
CSSD: 52 weeks - 4.016.000
DarkDetective: 49 weeks - 4.020.000
Grads: 48 weeks - 4.020.000
James: 47 weeks - 4.058.000
Mr. Pointy: 49 weeks - 4.010.000
Nitejohn: 50 weeks - 4.100.000
RailWays: 50 weeks - 4.025.000
silpheed-mcd's wife: 48 weeks - 4.003.330
skullwaker: 50 weeks - 4.030.000
Squiddo: 50 weeks - 4.075.000
Zedark: 48 weeks - 4.058.000

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Famitsu

GBC:
81 weeks

PS4:
151 weeks

PSV:
185 weeks

NGC:
259 weeks

Switch?
For now, week 41: 2.758.140

silpheed-mcd's wife (she reads us sometimes :p ): 48 weeks - 4.003.330
You're being watched...

Put me up for week 48: 4,058,000 please

James

Oct 25, 2017
US

Famitsu

GBC:
81 weeks

PS4:
151 weeks

PSV:
185 weeks

NGC:
259 weeks

Switch?

47 weeks - 4.058.000

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Famitsu

GBC:
81 weeks

PS4:
151 weeks

PSV:
185 weeks

NGC:
259 weeks

Switch?

50 weeks - 4,025,000

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
actually,the interview that Horii said that DQXi started out as a ps4 game wasn't from Jump nor Dengeki Playstation,but it was from the Countdown Carnival itself.
HrZprDg_d.jpg

So yeah,not Jump,not Dengeki,but the Carnival itself,and both the interviews happened way after the carnival.Which one should you believe?Idk
http://nintendoeverything.com/drago...ally-ps4-only-3ds-version-was-added-later-on/

No, you see the interview you posted is the one i talked about in this paragraph

I think, part of the misinformation comes from an interview(which was only loose translated and not word by word) with a SE employee near or after the game launched in which he stated that they started developing the PS4 first and later the 3DS version. While this may be true, it doesn't mean it was a PS4 exclusive. Just onlt that they started earlier with development of the PS4 version. The PS4 version probably needed more development time than the 3DS version so it makes sense to start there first. In fact, an other interview on Dengeki Playstation with producer Yosuke Saito and director Takeshi Uchikawa that pretty much confirms my thoughts. Here are the important tibits from the interview

Turns out that the SE employee was Horii but i didn't remember it since i couldn't find the interview. There isn't a word by word translation for this interview and none of the ''big'' sites that translate have picked it up, so there is a high chance he is repeating what he said in the Dengeki interview two months later. That the game started development on PS4 first despite not being exclusive. I mean it's pretty much what he says at Dengeki

- Horii says that development first started on the PS4 version, but while working on that it was decided that they could work simultaneously on the 3DS version.

Otherwise it would be pretty inconsistent of him to claim different things in various interviews (taken between mere months).

Last edited:

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade mobile makes sense. It will help grow the franchise as well. The battle system seems wel suited to touch screen play as well.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade mobile makes sense. It will help grow the franchise as well. The battle system seems wel suited to touch screen play as well.

Really? I haven't played 2 yet but the combat for rest of the series seems far too complex to be easily replicated on mobile, at least in my opinion. The blade/gacha system makes a lot of sense but I figure they'll have to revamp the combat or make it a pure strategy game, or some other genre.

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017

Famitsu

GBC:
81 weeks

PS4:
151 weeks

PSV:
185 weeks

NGC:
259 weeks

Switch?

50 weeks - 4,100,000

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah Zelda is an interesting case. They have loads of experience with touch controls so a Phantom Hourglass type game with renting/buying items mechanic from A link between world makes a lot of sense. I actually think that would be hugely successful if they keep adding new dungeons, items and overworld ares.

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017

Xenoblade mobile make sense because the battle system is one of the larges reason its not sell multi-millions. Take that away and it will grow. A mobile game entirely of Merc missions would be one of the best.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Really? I haven't played 2 yet but the combat for rest of the series seems far too complex to be easily replicated on mobile, at least in my opinion. The blade/gacha system makes a lot of sense but I figure they'll have to revamp the combat or make it a pure strategy game, or some other genre.
Its a pretty complicated battle system so I do think they will have to dumb it down, but in terms of controls its just pressing the right icon for arts which can be replaced by touch icons. The characters automatically do regular attacks so there isnt much in terms of buttons usage.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Its a pretty complicated battle system so I do think they will have to dumb it down, but in terms of controls its just pressing the right icon for arts which can be replaced by touch icons. The characters automatically do regular attacks so there isnt much in terms of buttons usage.

I guess it could be dumbed down into more of a rhythm game then, with some RPG and gacha elements mixed in.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
Cylinders for salvaging and core crystals to get rare blades.
I can see Xenoblade becoming the biggest mobile hit for Nintendo, might even reach the heights of Fate GO with the right waifu selections (and engaging gameplay and story).

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rhythm game Idolmaster is best Idolmaster (Haven't played Platinum Stars but Starlight Stage is my jam).

It also had the biggest waifu pool lol.^_^

Wait what? I think you meant inferior. Here's the meaning for superior if you're curious - http://www.dictionary.com/browse/superior?s=t

Oh didn't see this post. Like Nirolack mentioned it's still dominating the charts.

Lineage is still damn popular in Korea there. It is not surprising some of those popularity is brought overseas to japan lol.

And CG is better than OG now. Kanade herself is the ultimate idol.^_^ Oujiiii.

I feel they have correctly identified that they need more games, but Gung-Ho feels like such a poor choice of partner unless they're designing all the games in house and just having them do grunt work.

But......they are patnering with DeNa though???

If Lineage, Shironeko,Shinobi Nights or even Ragnarok online can be push into mobile, i cant see how we said that Xeno is too complicated for mobile lol.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It also had the biggest waifu pool lol.^_^

Lineage is still damn popular in Korea there. It is not surprising some of those popularity is brought overseas to japan lol.

And CG is better than OG now. Kanade herself is the ultimate idol.^_^ Oujiiii.

But......they are patnering with DeNa though???

If Lineage, Shironeko,Shinobi Nights or even Ragnarok online can be push into mobile, i cant see how we said that Xeno is too complicated for mobile lol.
We learned that Nintendo is collaborating with other partners in the mobile space in addition to DeNA to increase their output speed. Gungho is apparently one of the companies they've been in talks with.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

I can see Xenoblade mobile being the game with usual F2P gacha mechanics like Fire Emblem and Zelda being the one with safer (but limited) microtransaction like Mario Run and Animal Crossing. It makes sense given the public perception of these two titles.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When you say GungHo is a bad partner, do you mean the ability to churn out diverse hits on mobile...Or do you mean something else.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Yeah Zelda is an interesting case. They have loads of experience with touch controls so a Phantom Hourglass type game with renting/buying items mechanic from A link between world makes a lot of sense. I actually think that would be hugely successful if they keep adding new dungeons, items and overworld ares.

I could see PH/ST like controls with a structure similar to FSA 25th anniversary edition. That DSI FSA 25th anniversary is how I imagined it would work. Compartmentalized 2D Zelda sections that are zhort but fun and sweet. They could do microtransactions for more levels, special powerups and perhaps additional characters outside of Link. Maybe have the different levels/worlds based on various games in the series.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
About 8 hours till we get Tales of stream.

Hopefully we'll finally see whatever Switch Tales of is.

>makes an argument about how CG is better than OG
>doesn't even bring up best idol Anastasia

Casipao please

Anya is too mainstream for ma taste. I am more of Lipps and Chu fanbois. Kanade x Fum Fum FTW.^_^

I can see Xenoblade mobile being the game with usual F2P gacha mechanics like Fire Emblem and Zelda being the one with safer (but limited) microtransaction like Mario Run and Animal Crossing. It makes sense given the public perception of these two titles.

Actually, seeing how some online game can migrate to mobile platform. I can see Xeno online on mobile lol. Of course the same gameplay as Xeno on Switch but now we can play with other mobile players.^_^

DeNA partnership is there, but they do not have exclusive dibs on Nintendo Mobile junctures, so Nintendo is looking for more partners.

Ahh i see. Damn i am late on the news. On why Nintendo choose Gung ho. I guess, they need their grunt work force? As from what we see most Nintendo mobile venture is still highly controlled by Nintendo themselves there.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Welp. I guess that's the March title for Switch. (Since I remember this getting published by Nintendo in the West)

Fumi Fumi is definitely nice. Also Mika <3

I also follow the seiyuu front so that is why i really likey Kanade lol. Yuko "Ouji" iida is da best of all da team.^__^

images

She even had her own set of harem lol.^_^

Mika is lolicon though.^_^

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we think this can sell? My instinct says not especially since the sequel has already been announced, but it does seem like a game that could do well with the Switch's form factor.

Possible but the market was hit fairly widely with all the releases of the original DQB. So the Switch version now, while on a more popular and family-capable machine, would be very late and the Vita (thanks to Minecraft) would have tapped much of the same potential audience.

So my expectations are low.

Status
Not open for further replies.