Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Camel3x is highly unreliable as it doesn't register short time drops

It gives a good picture on the long run but won't show the variations. Also it takes the first price suggested by Amazon so if the game was 20$ and sold out from Amazon japan it will only register the forst 3rd party shown by Amazon on the product page. At least that's how it worked a few years ago

That was one of my concern, looking at how the graph were a bit too smooth and regular.
There does seem to be a way to filter Amazon JP and 3rd parties prices from each other though.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see how Resident Evil Switch ports will fare in Japan. I'm guessing they have more sales potential than previous HD remasters and collections from Capcom on Switch, barring MHXX.

My comment earlier yesterday aged rather poorly in retrospective lol

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
capcom simply recognized the superior itsuno experience and decided to reward it with a full retail release of dragon's dogma rather than the pitiful mikami works

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that they announced those ports during an investor meeting and it took 8 months for them to come. It almost feels like they threw those announcements in there to pad their meeting and mention the Switch and then got to work.

BishopLamont

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
after how well 3ds served the mh games, im still baffled why capcom is so lazy with the switch, like nintendo kicked their dog or something

its just business, either do it right or dont bother, this game capcom is playing is doing their future games on switch no favors whatsoever

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
after how well 3ds served the mh games, im still baffled why capcom is so lazy with the switch, like nintendo kicked their dog or something

its just business, either do it right or dont bother, this game capcom is playing is doing their future games on switch no favors whatsoever

What future games?

It's not like they will actually care about Ace Attorney 7.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Time for Japan to show if Pokemon is still a thing.

Capcom tried to steal the thunder but failed by little.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that they announced those ports during an investor meeting and it took 8 months for them to come. It almost feels like they threw those announcements in there to pad their meeting and mention the Switch and then got to work.
Do we know whats a normal time of porting a game like that? I think Doom for Switch took about a year, but thats argueably a bit more challenging techincal wise. Probably also depends on how much resources (i.e how many that are working on it) that is spent as well.

There we go.

Japan get it, too, of course.

Is there anything hits or know info about what it will be about? Too early for the new Pokemon game, i think. But maybe DLC as Fularu mentioned above here.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It's the new gen for sure but I wonder if there will be spin offs as well. In 2017 they announced the Pokken port as well as USUM, and last year there was Quest.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Do we know whats a normal time of porting a game like that? I think Doom for Switch took about a year, but thats argueably a bit more challenging techincal wise. Probably also depends on how much resources (i.e how many that are working on it) that is spent as well.

Is there anything hits or know info about what it will be about? Too early for the new Pokemon game, i think. But maybe DLC as Fularu mentioned above here.
XY and SM were revealed in January and February respectively. (though we only saw SM's logo)

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Huh? How is it too early for the new game when they already revealed it's coming out later this year

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Hints are for high production values, just don't expect Zelda.

Something smaller could be announced to coincidence with the movie, it could be eShop related.

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Absolutely.
Porting Assassin's Creed 3 to WiiU apparently required more than a year with a team starting with 2 persons (!!!) and reaching 15 at its peak.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Hints are for high production values, just don't expect Zelda.

Something smaller could be announced to coincidence with the movie, it could be eShop related.

If at Game Freak they are smart enough they will offer something à la Breath of the Wild, of course in a smaller scale---a big jump in terms of world building and game system.

However, it is also true that Pokémon worldwide is still a big franchise even with minimal changes.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
If at Game Freak they are smart enough they will offer something à la Breath of the Wild, of course in a smaller scale---a big jump in terms of world building and game system.

However, it is also true that Pokémon worldwide is still a big franchise even with minimal changes.
Pokemon really doesn't need to go BotW imo.

The direct could be LHP/E dlc to go with Detectice Pikachu
There's no way it's anything other than gen 8.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017

Knowing what we are talking about, I'd say that TOWN (on a massively larger scale, of course) could be a good hint imho

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
They won't do that. 100% sure.

Still will sell a lot, but they have to keep it from declining even more from Gen 7.
Any potential decline in Japan will probably be mitigated by the west, which has been the case for a while. Of course that's assuming gen 8 doesn't sell better than SM in Japan.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

definitively not too early for gen 8.
its literally the exact same date that XY got announced.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I also think that it's time for them to raise the production value of Pokemon. The latest trailers of Yokai Watch 4have looked really good, and going for an open world-ish approach could really rejuvenate the IP and potentially bring me on board.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to do anything to please forum people. They need to keep it acessible and interesting to all ages and that's what they'll do.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
It's the new gen as usual.
XY and SM were revealed in January and February respectively. (though we only saw SM's logo)
Huh? How is it too early for the new game when they already revealed it's coming out later this year
definitively not too early for gen 8.
its literally the exact same date that XY got announced.
Understood, fair enough. Time goes fast, but it just felt like Pokemon GO "just" came out, so i was initially thinking that it felt a bit too early to show off the next game thats likely coming out in late 2019 :) Looking forward to see first footage of it, if thats what it is.

Absolutely.
Porting Assassin's Creed 3 to WiiU apparently required more than a year with a team starting with 2 persons (!!!) and reaching 15 at its peak.
Yeah, i could see it take a bit of time if not too many are working on it indeed.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
So they will waste shit loads of money while struggling to make a high scale UE4 project that takes multiple versions and delays?

They don't need to do such a big project. It can still be relatively smaller with respect to Dragon Quest XI but a jump with respect to previous entries.

Pokémon worlds have been quite small and linear overall.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how Pokemon 2019 will look or be received. I think being top down like the 3DS games will probably unacceptable, they'll probably need to get closer to the new Yokai watch, Xenoblade, or DQXI.

Not entirely sure how they'd do it and so close early, perhaps Monolith Soft can help like they did with Zelda.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how Pokemon 2019 will look or be received. I think being top down like the 3DS games will probably unacceptable, they'll probably need to get closer to the new Yokai watch, Xenoblade, or DQXI.

Not entirely sure how they'd do it and so close early, perhaps Monolith Soft can help like they did with Zelda.

Sun and Moon already ween't top down. I don't think they're going to take a step back from those games.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a guess:
Detective Pikachu Switch is one of the titles to be announced tomorrow; released near the movie.
May and April are oddly empty, a port would be a big hit when cross promoted with the movie.

OP
OP
Chris1964

Chris1964

SalesEra Genius
Oct 25, 2017
Never underestimate Capcom when it has to do with Swtch support. 500yen increase over PS4 for RE4. Better don't guess where price will go if they ever try with RE5 and 6.

[PS4] Resident Evil HD Remaster (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) {2015.01.20} (¥4.290)
[PS4] Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.01.21} (¥3.694)
[PS4] Resident Evil: Origins Collection <Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster \ Resident Evil HD Remaster> <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.01.21} (¥5.990)

[PS4] Resident Evil 6 (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.03.29} (¥2.592)
[PS4] Resident Evil 6 <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.12.01} (¥2.800)

[PS4] Resident Evil 5 (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.06.28} (¥2.592)
[PS4] Resident Evil 5 <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.12.01} (¥2.800)

[PS4] Resident Evil 4 (ε) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.08.30} (¥2.592)
[PS4] Resident Evil 4 <ADV> (Capcom) {2016.12.01} (¥2.800)
I checked Japanese PS Store for file sizes:
Resident Evil 5 - 16,93GB
Resident Evil 6 - 17,20GB

It doesn't look likely these will get physical releases either unless Capcom sees them as first time at Nintendo systems and go even higher at price.

Neither this can happen with the size of all these games added together:
[PS4] Resident Evil Value Pack {Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster \ Resident Evil HD Remaster \ Resident Evil 4 \ Resident Evil 5 \ Resident Evil 6} <ADV> (Capcom) {2018.12.13} (¥8.100)

With the rate Capcom operates on Switch it could be well into 2020 until all these are ported and prices of carts will go lower until then.

*All these assuming Capcom intents to make the move for RE5 and 6, nothing is given for Switch from Capcom.