• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Jesse Plemons to Star in Martin Scorsese’s ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’

Plemons will lead a cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro.

Jesse Plemons has joined Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro in Killers of the Flower Moon, the big-budget thriller Martin Scorsese is directing for Apple.

The casting is a major coup for Plemons, who for years has anchored productions or stole scenes with his performances in supporting roles. And it coincides with him being wanted for lead roles not just by Scorsese, with whom he worked on 2019's The Irishman, but also by Jordan Peele, who had offered him the male lead in his latest thriller.

The hope was for Plemons to do both but scheduling ultimately could not be worked out. Peele's movie is to shoot early summer while Flower Moon shoots from May to late summer.

Regardless, Plemons now finds himself in a role was originally to have been played by DiCaprio before the Oscar-winner segued to a secondary lead.

The script, written by Eric Roth and based on the David Grann bestseller, is set in 1920s Oklahoma, against the backdrop of the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

Plemons will play Tom White, the lead FBI agent investigating the murders. Lily Gladstone will play the role of Mollie Burkhart, an Osage married to Ernest Burkhart, who is nephew of a powerful local rancher. DiCaprio is the nephew while De Niro is the strong-handed rancher.

QmiAzmm.gif

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Pleased for him. He's been putting in great performances in a bunch of mid level roles. He deserves a shot as the lead in a big movie.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
This ^

and El Camino
See also: Fargo season 2 and Black Mirror.
Jesse Plemons has joined Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro in Killers of the Flower Moon, the big-budget thriller Martin Scorsese is directing for Apple.

Plemons will play Tom White, the lead FBI agent investigating the murders. Lily Gladstone will play the role of Mollie Burkhart, an Osage married to Ernest Burkhart, who is nephew of a powerful local rancher. DiCaprio is the nephew while De Niro is the strong-handed rancher.
Jesse from Breaking Bad to play Mr. White. Got it.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
He's a fantastic actor. Very excited for this.

Didn't know Leo had stepped from the lead role for a secondary one, that's interesting.

Coen

Oct 25, 2017
Antwerp, Belgium
I was just about to say: of all the obvious talent in Friday Night Lights, I really did not expect Landry to become the biggest star. Not that I'm complaining; he's been stellar in everything he's done.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
He was also supposed to be in that horror movie Antlers. The trailers felt like they came out ages ago, has it still not been released anywhere?

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I was just about to say: of all the obvious talent in Friday Night Lights, I really did not expect Landry to become the biggest star. Not that I'm complaining; he's been stellar in everything he's done.

*Original cast.

Michael B. Jordan is the breakout, even if he was a major role only for the final two seasons.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I heard a week or two ago that Plemons was offered a role in Peele's next movie. I think Daniel Kaluuya was too.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
As a aside, he was so good in season 2 of Fargo, along with Kirsten Dunst.

I think they got married?

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Can we all agree that Jesse Plemons has earned the right to be known as Jesse Plemons now?

He's put in phenomenal work to date, and I honestly feel bad whenever someone refers to him as Matt Damon's lesser lookalike.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
What a coincidence, just finished re-wathcing Fargo season 2 tonight. Looking forward to this.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Always glad to see Jesse getting good roles, never seen him turn in a bad performance.

My mom actually dated his dad back in the early '70s, they were from a town called Mart a little ways from where she grew up. Good old Jim Bob Plemons.

Robotnik

Nov 3, 2017
No one mentioned his performance in "I'm Thinking of Ending Things" yet, so I will. He was also awesome in that. Glad to see this guy getting such high-profile work!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Such a terrific actor. Kinda sad he will forever be known as Meth Damon lol

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if you would have told people that he would have had a better career than Taylor "Riggins" Kitsche way back on FNL.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't know they were turning this into a movie. The book was really good! Really interesting story

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can definitely see Plemons being on a level playing field with DiCaprio in terms of acting. Should be good!

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. He's great in everything and just missed out on being Finn in Star Wars, glad he finally got that big role here.