• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I am not asking for 60fps like Metro Redux or Resident Evil 2, but is there ANYWAY to increase the framerate on PS4 Pro?

So far the best framerate I got out of it is with 1080p output & supersampling disabled, but it's still hurting my eyes how bad the framerate is. It's almost unplayable.

This is 2019, console games shouldn't be sub 30fps anymore.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not someone who reads tons of reviews in detail, but were the sluggish controls and technical hiccups on consoles mentioned in most of the reviews?

Kind of dispiriting, but I'm still looking forward to playing this on Monday. For those of you who are loving it, clearly you recognize the input lag, etc, but have been able to still really enjoy it. That's a good sign.

Is input lag something that can be patched out?

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I am not asking for 60fps like Metro Redux or Resident Evil 2, but is there ANYWAY to increase the framerate on PS4 Pro?

So far the best framerate I got out of it is with 1080p output & supersampling disabled, but it's still hurting my eyes how bad the framerate is. It's almost unplayable.

This is 2019, console games shouldn't be sub 30fps anymore.
Are there any particular areas where your fps drops? I'm on the Pro too and it's inconsistent as hell.

Calmine

Jul 5, 2018
Wow, this PC port is fucking awful.

Launched at the wrong resolution with a cutscene I had to skip like a minute in just to change the options. Controller immediately starts rumbling even though I'm using mouse and keyboard. No FOV option. No way to turn off motion blur. No windowed mode. Defaults to DX12 even though every single game I've ever played in DX12 has had something fucky going on with it. Default sensitivity is ass.

What happened?

Oh, this doesn't bode well. I had a feeling it wouldn't have FOV options like the previous entries. It's the same engine, so you'll more than likely have to go into the Documents folder find the 4A Games folder and edit the ini file. If it's like 2033 and LL it'll be like 55 and is vertical.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why in the hell does this developer constantly make the look X sensitivity higher than Y sensitivity, with absolutely no way to adjust it?

It feels fucking awful, and no other FPS does this (because it feels awful). I mean, what possible reasoning did they concoct for this? What are they trying to accomplish? "Ah yes, when I'm looking around in real life, whenever I look at the ground it always takes me a lot longer to look back up than from side to side. It's gravity!"

Ugh it is so annoying.

Also, the sensitivity on the controller even at its highest is way too low.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh.

I ended up refunding it. I got it on Steam and spent a good few hours with it last night but the whole thing just felt so off. Shooting lacked punch and the enemy AI went from completley unaware to having super senses noticing me through bushes when my watch showed me as hidden.
Really bummed out about this one. I was looking forward to it for forever but 60$ is a big ask for a game feeling so unpolished.
Will try and pickup again in the future after the exclusivity deal has ended and I can get it a bit cheaper.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Seriously, why in the hell does this developer constantly make the look X sensitivity higher than Y sensitivity, with absolutely no way to adjust it?

It feels fucking awful, and no other FPS does this (because it feels awful). I mean, what possible reasoning did they concoct for this? What are they trying to accomplish? "Ah yes, when I'm looking around in real life, whenever I look at the ground it always takes me a lot longer to look back up than from side to side. It's gravity!"

Ugh it is so annoying.

Also, the sensitivity on the controller even at its highest is way too low.

I always hate when X axis and Y axis arent 1:1 for aiming speed. I've never understood why that is a thing.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I watched a bit of gameplay on Cohh's twitch channel and dear god, I fucking hate the accents. Just can't listen to them. Maybe because I speak Russian myself?

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
noooot great technical impressions. Ugh, and I was really looking forward to this. I'm still going to give it a rent this weekend to see what I think.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Is the ghostly supernatural stuff from the past two games still in this? Like people who aren't there casting shadows, hallucination sequences, etc.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna finish last light and jump right into this.

Man ill be disappointed if it really is worse than last light.

ill probably like it immediately.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Fuck Artyom gets stuck on things all the time, and gets slowed down by so many fucking things in the environment.

I am not talking about the realistic aspects like ''water slows you down when it's deep enough'', which is a good thing in my book.
I am talking about the fact that even just walking through a fucking rail cause Artyom's walking & running to stutter unnaturally.

None of this is an issue in previous games, what the fuck happened here? Artyom even clips through objects sometimes and then get launched away like a basketball.

This game feels so broken and shoddy at times it's soul crushing cause I honestly loved both 2033 and Last Light on PS4/PC. I used to call myself a Metro fan even.

xRqW7.jpg

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

Can someone please help me out? I just picked up my Special Edition PS4 copy that includes the Expansion Pass. I get two DLC slips, one for the Dynamic Theme and one for the Expansion/Season Pass. They are different codes, but the code on the Expansion Pass slip also attempts to add the fucking theme and nothing else.

Who should I contact in this case, the Sony support or someone else?

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the information.
I will continue playing without the patch because so far it ran pretty good.

Yes.
Ya I should have been clear. For whatever reason some are having barely any issues, and those folks can be sensitive to FPS drops, but than others are and they are also sensitive. Which makes me think that something with the patch or a single setting is impacting folks. I just can't jump in there. I watched some Xbox footage and they were fine. But for whatever reason the PS4 version I just watched both pro and normal were more stuttery than prior.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
WHAT THE FUCK

Can someone please help me out? I just picked up my Special Edition PS4 copy that includes the Expansion Pass. I get two DLC slips, one for the Dynamic Theme and one for the Expansion/Season Pass. They are different codes, but the code on the Expansion Pass slip also attempts to add the fucking theme and nothing else.

Contact support. Sounds like a misprinted code.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
WHAT THE FUCK

Don't worry it's fine, it'll download the expansion as soon as they out, this is a new system you can verify what I said on the Metro website FAQ

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya scratching my head on this. Watching someone streaming it to me currently through discord and its smooth on PS4pro right now...lulz

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Ya scratching my head on this. Watching someone streaming it to me currently through discord and its smooth on PS4pro right now...lulz

Sometimes after a patch you really need to fully power down the console and start it up again. After updating Spyro Trilogy on my X, the cutscenes and gameplay were stuttering horribly. Quitting the game did nothing, but a full system shutdown and restart made it smooth as butter. Could be worth trying. Either way, I'm waiting on this game now after all the complaints.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I think I'm done with this today, it's such a rough, stuttering and rushed experience. Seriously what a fucking disappointment.

Metro Last Light was my GOTY of 2013 and I bought this game day one because I trusted you, you fucks, why am I the one to suffer? Why do I get the worst possible experience?

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
What do the bottom right hand numbers mean ? Every now and then they spin but I'm not sure what they represent.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
The sound design is horrible .. for me at least, the voices sound muffled, if i turn my head away i cant hear the convo going until i turn back and look at them.

theres some input lag ... holding to pick up some items is annoying. and some items arent clearly visible ...... but the visuals and environment is insane. Its hard as hell too and im playing medium lol.

Wonder if i shud wait till its patched out.

PS4 pro

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Favorite thing so far. *end of first level spoilers*

Blowing smoke in my father-in-law's face. Screw you dad.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'm done with this today, it's such a rough, stuttering and rushed experience. Seriously what a fucking disappointment.

Metro Last Light was my GOTY of 2013 and I bought this game day one because I trusted you, you fucks, why am I the one to suffer? Why do I get the worst possible experience?

How are you playing it ? It's fine for me. No stuttering and feels very polished to me.

Playing on PC.

Don Logan

Mar 6, 2018
Something strange must be going on.
I mean i played for the last two days and it has been mostly a smooth ride so far on the pro.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
How are you playing it ? It's fine for me. No stuttering and feels very polished to me.

Playing on PC.

Playing on PS4 Pro and it's fucking garbage.

What's with the fucking bugs? What's with the fucking input lag? What's with the fucking god awful framerate? What's with the weird footsteps and inconsistent moving speed? What's with the sensitivity being uneven between X and Y axis? What's with the garbage controller deadzone?

This is hands down the absolute worst Metro game by far, no amount of graphics can redeem that.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it's input lag that's an issue on console, it's the aiming deadzone is WAY too high with no settings to adjust it.

Weirdly I don't recall feeling this issue when I played an earlier event build running on an X. I hope they fix it quickly.

oh yeah, I noticed this, too. Gonna check out if that problem can be fixed with the Elite Controller App, because that really is a problem.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Playing on PS4 Pro and it's fucking garbage.

What's with the fucking bugs? What's with the fucking input lag? What's with the fucking god awful framerate? What's with the weird footsteps and inconsistent moving speed? What's with the sensitivity being uneven between X and Y axis? What's with the garbage controller deadzone?

This is hands down the absolute worst Metro game by far, no amount of graphics can redeem that.

I don't think it's input lag.. if you press the buttons you'll notice that it doesn't have the same issue as pressing the analog sticks.

I believe it's a deadzone issue..

Nov 8, 2017
I've watched a few twitch streams of PS4 players and not one of them has said anything bad about the performance. Some of them have said it's more difficult than the previous entries but each one I've chatted with so far has said they're enjoying the game. Hmm.