Varia suit

• Metroid / Metroid 2: Return of Samus (NES/GB)

Votes: 26 2.4%
  • Super Metroid (SNES)

Votes: 215 19.5%
  • Metroid Fusion (GBA)

Votes: 62 5.6%
  • Metroid Prime 1/2/3

Votes: 261 23.6%
  • Metroid Other M/Smash 4 (Wii/Wii U/Switch)

Votes: 56 5.1%
  • Metroid: Samus returns (3DS)

Votes: 66 6.0%
  • Metroid Dread (Switch)

Votes: 419 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgepuppy

Oct 27, 2017
I thought about including every suit and armor from every game, but most of them are just repeats with different colors, with most of the actually different variants coming from the Prime games.

Metroid / Metroid 2: Return of Samus (NES/GB):
nes_metroid_yellow.png
latest

Super Metroid (SNES):
samus-aran.png

Metroid Fusion (GBA):
latest

Metroid Prime 1/2/3 (2 and 3 have a different visor and some smaller changes, but they're almost the same) (GCN):
129-1293720_samus-aran-transparent-images-metroid-prime-samus-varia.png
129-1294267_samus-aran-metroid-prime-2-hd-png-download.png

Metroid Other M/Smash 4 (Wii/Wii U/Switch):

Metroid: Samus returns (3DS):
latest

Metroid Dread (Switch):
E39g_uCXIAANCft.jpg

IMO: It's Metroid Prime. It's the most grounded and well balanced one. Dread comes in second though.

I can't stand Other M version. Too sleek and focused on making Samus look feminine.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I've always been a fan of the blue visor on the Varia suit, so Metroid II / Super for me.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I really, really like Dread's. It keeps the trademark features of Samus' classic suit and gives it a more modern look. I love it.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Prime 2/3 Samus tops it for me. Super comes at a close second and Dread comes in third. Least favorite is three way tie between Other M, Samus Returns, and the Varia variant of the Fusion suit.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Super, then Dread's. I actually like the Prime 1 suit as well, but kinda hate how it looks from Prime 2 onwards.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I actually like the design of Other M, besides her posture, but in Smash Ultimate it looks great. The actual armor looks good and I like the round shoulders.

The shoulders in Samus Returns are so huge its almost comical, but I actually kinda like it.

Honestly, besides Fusion and Dread, they're all pretty similar. Reminds me of threads talking about Spider-Man outfits where at least to me the majority of them are barely different.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
It used to be Fusion/late-game Prime suits.

Now it's Dread. Not going to try and change anyone's mind though...just what I like. Zero Suit Samus is by far the worst in every iteration though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Super.

Dread's not too shabby, I've warmed up on the color scheme.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
It's Dread. Samus has NEVER looked better. The Blue specifically is fucking slick. Mercury Steams art designers really fuckin killed it.

The only mediocre suit is Other M. Smooth and boring as fuck. What are those pauldrons? No definition or distinction whatsoever. Look at the silly arm cannon. Fusions smoothness works because it's suppose to be organic. There is just a lack of character with Other M.

Last edited:

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Dread really did a great job adding more glowing green lines, which make her look really awesome in dark areas. The Samus Returns design started this trend so it definitely gets points for that too. Those two designs are probably tied for first imo.

Other than that I honestly like the Other M design a lot. the shoulders are big, but not way too big like in Prime, the smoother design is nice, and making the green lines on her chest really big was a good choice. I guess the overarching theme is that if you want me to like a Samus design, just add a lot of green glowy bits lol

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer the more mechanical "how do you fit in there?" look from Super and 2 I guess.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dread, then Samus Returns, then Super.

Though I think the Prime armours should've been considered separately: Prime 2 has some awesome designs and Prime 3 is very different even in the basic armour.

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Light suit is the best. Other than it, I like Dread's, specially how the green line grows as the armor gets stronger

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Prime/some aspects of Smash 4's suits I really like, but Dread is the complete glow-up.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Dread or Prime.

Prime trilogy has the coolest suit upgrades though. Love all the original ones there like Phazon, Dark, Light, heavily corrupted PED…

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i love that big ole samus returns suit, but the initial dread power suit is really striking too

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Recency bias but the Dread Power and Varia suit designs are so sleek. It's a really fantastic revision on the early 00s-ness of the Fusion suits. As much as I love Fusion, the suits were hideous.

I'd probably put Prime trilogy in a close 2nd place though. I like the Varia Suits in those, the power suit I'm less fond of but it's pretty faithful to the one in Zero Mission (or vice-versa given the release order I guess). Prime 2's Light Suit is neat but the Dark Suit is uggo as hell. I actually also think the Prime 3 suits are kinda underrated.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super, Prime, and Dread are all really close number one spot. I actually like the Other M / Smash U/Ultimate design too since it's a sleeker take on the suit. Really, I like everything besides the Fusion suit.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dread is by far the best Power Suit (the blue one), not even close. Prime 2/3 are my favorite Varia, and Samus Returns has my favorite Gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.