• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I might just have to settle on the Standard physical version of this game. I've been trying to get my hands on the Special Edition for weeks now with zero luck.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this doesn't happen, it would invalidate the entirety of 2, a big portion of super's plot, and it would undermine fusion's metroid cloning program. Having more Metroids available also completely nullifies the threat of the X.

I mean, each game after 1 has invalidated the plot of the last with how more Metroids keep appearing. The Chozo made them, the Space Pirates bred them, and the Galactic Federarion had cloned them. And then there's all the appearances in the spin offs, there hasn't been a Metroid game so far that hasn't had them appear in some form.

It isn't going to be much of a stretch story wise for them to reappear with their creators, especially if the X Parasite will continue to play a role in the story.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Just a heads up, seems like some stuff definitely leaked. I've seen some of it.

If spoilers are a concern for you, might want to be careful on the net.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I guess some people have the game early and posted some videos. Here's one non spoilery I thought was cool:
streamable.com

speedboost

Watch "speedboost" on Streamable.

chadboban

May 27, 2020
Yeah, game is definitely leaking from someone with who got their hands on the game early. Thankfully haven't seen anything super spoilerish or nothing too far off from what we've already seen in trailers. And the person sharing the clips seems so far seems like they're not planning on spoiling too much either. All I'll say is that what I've seen so far looks absolutely incredible.

chadboban

May 27, 2020
Heads up, some of the leaked footage has made it's way to YouTube. Again, nothing too spoilerish in my eyes but there are definitely things in there that you guys will want to save to be seen on your first playthrough

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering playing this one despite having never played through previous games in the series. I don't like the music in the trailers but I survived DQXI's music pre-S version so I'm sure I will survive this game's OST.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Everyone is talking about spoilers being up in the air and that we should beware, but nobody provides any links for us the curious who want to be spoiled. I did a fast search but couldn't find anything.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Probably will have to wait a few days after release to play this since I was only able to get the collector's edition from GameStop and I'm pretty sure they don't do release date delivery. Oh well, just happy I was able to get the collector's edition.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Looks like Samus has voice acting? Hopefully whoever they get for the English version doesn't take the Other M emotionless route.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I guess some people have the game early and posted some videos. Here's one non spoilery I thought was cool:
streamable.com

speedboost

Watch "speedboost" on Streamable.

Idk how many are still up. Enjoy.
Wow, the speedboosting and shinesparking looks really nice in this game. Being able to keep the speed booster charge going after a wall jump is really crazy. I just know there's going to be some crazy shinespark puzzles that use this along side all the other shinespark/speedbooster techniques from ZM.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the speedboosting and shinesparking looks really nice in this game. Being able to keep the speed booster charge going after a wall jump is really crazy. I just know there's going to be some crazy shinespark puzzles that use this along side all the other shinespark/speedbooster techniques from ZM.

The leaker confirmed ballsparks like zero mission too.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, can't believe a new Metroid is releasing in 5 days and I'm not gonna be there (at least for a while). Anyway, hope you all enjoy

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it time for a dedicated spoiler thread? This thread is about to turn into a minefield lol

NeuroCloud

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
As a Genesis kid who missed a number of Nintendo games growing up, I played Super Metroid for my very first time last month... blind.

I went into the experience knowing nothing about the game, and I just completed it tonight.

Unbelievable experience.
Work of art.

Over 15 hours
83% items

This game feels like a masterpiece that will elicit similar impressions in 100's of years.

For me, I haven't had many gaming experiences that I'd place above that moment when I'd accumulated the abilities to make it into Ridley's stone mouth entrance.

Feel free to ask me any questions about my playthrough if you're interested. I'm not sure what you guys might be curious about from this blind SM experiment in 2021. Ocarina of Time is my number one game, but this has left me with a post-game feeling that comes close.

And now... the wait for the new Metroid.

I don't know how I'll be able to wait 5 days for the new Metroid

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Cant believe Samus turns out to be Ridley's daughter in the end of Dread

sakamoto othered m'd it again smh