• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The platforming in this is really damn good, too. It's very rare that a first person game feels this responsive. Had to force myself to learn to press L to jump to make the most of it.

The precision even translates to the ball when you need to platform, even when the screen has fixed perspective.

I didn't know about the 2D style perspective switches, those are super cool.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Fleshed out the OT a bit more, and included some more screenshots.

Looks really good!

metroid-samus.gif

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The platforming in this is really damn good, too. It's very rare that a first person game feels this responsive. Had to force myself to learn to press L to jump to make the most of it.

The precision even translates to the ball when you need to platform, even when the screen has fixed perspective.

I didn't know about the 2D style perspective switches, those are super cool.
It really is amazing how much they got right the first time taking the franchise from 2D to 3D, and a lot of that has to do with how good and responsive it feels to control (like you said, the platforming feels nice!).

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Fleshed out the OT a bit more, and included some more screenshots.
could you include a bit about the control options and all the customizable stuff (color blind mode, no HUD) for people?
if/when you have time: the font is really hard to read over the screenshots. maybe a normal vanilla font choice would be more inviting to actually read it.

here's a link for the EU-wide eShop btw
www.nintendo.co.uk

Step back into the suit

Become the bounty hunter once again in Metroid Prime Remastered! The critically-acclaimed, first-person adventure has been revamped for Nintendo Switch.
and NA
www.nintendo.com

Metroid Prime™ Remastered for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Metroid Prime™ Remastered and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I prefer to buy physical but the wait is going to be brutal. It's already driving me crazy that I could be playing this right now, not sure I'm going to be able to hold out nearly two weeks.

Can not wait to play it, the screens and trailer look incredible.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are the arm cannon effects from charging the beams back from the GC version?

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
Made it through the opening, god it looks great. Having this, Dead Space, and RE4 in a three month span knocks out some of my all time favorite games.

ReitStuff

Oct 30, 2017
I know this isn't really necessary, but I can't help but wonder if outlets will eventually drops reviews for this. I mean, I know it's a remaster of one of the greatest games of all time, but I'd still kinda be curious to see what review scores it gets. Do we anticipate getting reviews in a couple weeks or so?

Hell Egret

Aug 19, 2022
What control scheme is everyone using?
Dual Stick with no gyro. The left trigger still forces strafe and locks on to enemies, and A is still shoot, so it plays like Classic in combat.

Still stunned that it's out. I've attempted to run MP via Dolphin a few times recently with little success. What a treat.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Metroid Prime and Halo CE used to rule the world.
So many arguements online about whats better.
We were really spoiled lol.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Dual Stick with no gyro. The left trigger still forces strafe and locks on to enemies, and A is still shoot, so it plays like Classic in combat.

Still stunned that it's out. I've attempted to run MP via Dolphin a few times recently with little success. What a treat.

Dual stick feels better than native/original controls. It's sublime.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Bumper jumper can be tough to acclimate to, but it's the best way to play many shooters imo. I'm thrilled that Retro mapped jump to a shoulder button on the default control scheme.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I actually played this game so much back in the day I'm pretty sure I have every missable scan burned in my memory. I just remembered the tentacle was I started the boss fight and now I'm anticipating keeping my scan visor at the ready for those goddamned ice shiekbats.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
So this is not a remake as rumored right? Is it just a higher resolution port?

Remake graphically (new assets, textures etc.) gamplay mostly untouched other than having new control schemes (on top of the classic one as an option).

Some comparison shots and videos in this thread:

www.resetera.com

Metroid Prime Remastered is so much more than an HD port. Comparison vid/screens!

Demon's Souls is a remake too but nothing in the gameplay department changed. Metroid Prime Remastered is definitely a remake in my book.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I know this isn't really necessary, but I can't help but wonder if outlets will eventually drops reviews for this. I mean, I know it's a remaster of one of the greatest games of all time, but I'd still kinda be curious to see what review scores it gets. Do we anticipate getting reviews in a couple weeks or so?

Maybe around when the physical edition releases.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm already getting used again to classic controls lol. I was afraid it's impossible, but you really notice how the game is made around it (best example for now would be the hive robot boss).

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
Some of the changes are a bit odd, but overall the remaster looks magnificent. Definitely worth booting up my Switch for.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Wait a minute....

Is the Fusion suit in this version??
I don't think anyone knows yet. It isn't unlocked by default, if it is still in.

My guess is it's either tied to beating the hard mode, or maybe they'll make you link with a save file from Fusion in the NSO GBA app once that game is out lol.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
I tried going for full motion controls like on the Wii version by holding the two Joy-Cons separately from each other and…yeah.

You really can't re-create the feel of the Wii Remote and Nunchuck when the two controllers are detached from each other, haha. I tried playing with Hybrid controls, but it doesn't seem to work on a Switch Pro Controller? Like, I cannot aim with the gyro on that thing for some reason. So I'm mainly playing with the Dual Stick option.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Any chance that when Fusion releases on NSO that the Fusion Suit will be made available in this? Ehhh? :)