SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they remove the "(Eminem Diss)" part of the video's title though lol

Wonder how Em's gonna respond, if he does.

Deleted member 34385

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Of course, but I'm just talking about this one specific point.

Kim is a horrifying song and whatever artistic merit it has is drowned out by the context that Eminem was broadcasting his fantasies about murdering his ex, tormenting her and likely causing huge amounts of anxiety that Eminem (a violent dude who assaulted her and owns guns) would try to kill her.
it seems you are unable to seperate music from reality and you really hate eminem, good for you!

Apr 16, 2018
This was a fire ass diss, but I'm unsurprised to see dumb ass opinions in a hip hop thread on era.

MGK took the best route with this diss: "yeah you a legend. A legendary bitch." Which is all he can say, really.

I'm here for the three-way white boy rumble.

phaeb

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You guys aren't wrong that Em isn't the GOAT... Slim Shady is the GOAT >=P

May 15, 2018
Blackballing someone from the industry because they said your teenage daughter was hot when they were in their early 20s is the definition of overprotective. Creepier behavior than the tweet that set Eminem off, ironically.

I'm riding with MGK on this one. That was a solid diss. Lord knows Eminem's army of stans will say Eminem won no matter what.

Really? What's more creepy is the father being protective when a 22 year old was creeping on the 16 year old daughter?

I'm without words.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know it's opinions and all, but hearing someone say Eminem is "bad at rapping" is just absolutely baffling to me. You may not like the lyrics or subject matter, but his skill at rapping those lyrics are almost untouched. He's one of if not the best and is certainly top 5.

Thank you. Threads like this make me realise how absurdly out of touch and insular this place is. Eminem irrelevant? Bad at rapping? The dude is #1 in the world everywhere right now after 18 years and 13 albums of material (10 of his, 2 D12 and 1 Bad Meets Evil), is the best selling rap artist of all time and is recognised by everyone in the industry for his skill over the years, not just at rapping but at bossing the industry and bringing rap/hip hop to more people. His hit/misses ratio in his discography still better than any other artist with a similar career length (like Jay Z). The guy is a legend, you don't have to like him or his music to recognise an objective fact.

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, are you saying Eminem vs. MGK is like current Derrick Rose vs. Emmanuel Mudiay?

Because I could allow that one.

Who's talking about comparing versus? You were specifically talking about Eminem being in decline in the post I responded to. Hence why I brought up athletes, because they follow the same kind of trajectory.

Would we say Michael Jordan/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar/etc. being shit in their twilight years = they are shit in general? Because that's what you're doing by focusing on the decline aspect and ignoring everything else within a career. A basketball player will cease to be good eventually, just like a musician will cease to be good eventually.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
1. Both these guys are fucking terrible at rapping
2. Eminem is clearly in the right here, MGK was 22 commenting on how attractive Eminem's 16 year old daughter was. That's incredibly creepy and bad behavior. MGK got good lines in about how pathetic Eminem is in general, but, uhh, MGK creeping on a 16 year old girl is, uhh, extremely bad. Also, anyone can point out how bad Eminem is at rapping. Eminem is obviously terrible so it's not like MGK was left with difficult material or anything.

:( I assume you're trolling and don't really believe this

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
"Eminem is terrible at rapping"

Ok I think isn't anywhere near his and I'm not a fan if recovery in hindsight but that's an opinion if I heard one and one I strongly disagree with

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Blackballing someone from the industry because they said your teenage daughter was hot when they were in their early 20s is the definition of overprotective. Creepier behavior than the tweet that set Eminem off, ironically.

I'm riding with MGK on this one. That was a solid diss. Lord knows Eminem's army of stans will say Eminem won no matter what.

Creepier then all of that is not so ironically, you...buffoon.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
On first listen it's a good diss track. After a couple of listens you hear the lack of lyrical talent. He's saying stuff everybody knows already like calling him a nerd who doesn't leave the house, that's a bit corny. Saying he doesn't dress well and calling him ugly is strange too, grown men judging other grown men looks is weird. Talking about Dre producing Em is a reach for Kelly considering he has Diddy who would be second behind Dre.

Not horrible but I think saying MGK ethered Eminem here is overreaction, Ja Rule had better diss tracks. The Kim line is good which includes a G-Eazy shot. Don't see Eminem responding this besides maybe a bar or two on a track later down the line.

Dec 12, 2017
1. Both these guys are fucking terrible at rapping
2. Eminem is clearly in the right here, MGK was 22 commenting on how attractive Eminem's 16 year old daughter was. That's incredibly creepy and bad behavior. MGK got good lines in about how pathetic Eminem is in general, but, uhh, MGK creeping on a 16 year old girl is, uhh, extremely bad. Also, anyone can point out how bad Eminem is at rapping. Eminem is obviously terrible so it's not like MGK was left with difficult material or anything.

ItWasMeantToBe19...there is a name I haven't heard...in a long time.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
If you want to see reverse racism at work, just look at Era's hot takes on Eminem. White people feel like they have more hiphop cred by putting down the rapper who largely brought rap to the mainstream white demographic. Name another person with as large of a discrepancy in how Era views them and how high of an esteem they're held by their peers?

Era is dogshit when speaking on hip hop in general. Ignore it.

In any case I like this response. And I fucking LOVE that he has the balls to respond to eminem while Joe Buddens and Drake are somewhere like "nope, nope nuh uh".

Probably the least-soft bellied target he's gone against outside maybe Canibus, and even that's not saying much. Eminem has never really been tested in the mainstream.

Eminem ate everyone that came for his neck. Can, Benzino, all those dudes shot first, and got cooked. Lets not play games here. Its not that Eminem has not been tested by the mainstream, its that the mainstream watched him fillet those other niggas and decided they didnt want to test HIM. That's what excites me about this record even though its kinda mediocre. At least someone has a pair again. Shit, its overdue.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
28239714208_2ab62e2b08_o.gif

What movie??

The Mad Mango

Oct 27, 2017
Really? What's more creepy is the father being protective when a 22 year old was creeping on the 16 year old daughter?

I'm without words.
Yes, going apeshit over a tweet that indicated no serious intent is creepy. The tweet even said no disrespect intended. It's still a dumb tweet, but blackballing a young upcoming artist from multiple outlets for years is a complete overreaction and an abuse of power.

Edit: I'll admit "more creepy" is a stretch.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why should Drake respond? He didn't diss him.

There were some lines which people are saying was at Drake.

You got some views, but you're still below me
Mine are higher, so when you compare our views, you get overlooked
And I don't say the hook unless I wrote the hook
And now I'm just freestylin' in the vocal booth
And you know I've always spoke the truth
You lyin' through your teeth so much, you broke a tooth
And it ain't somethin' I need a phone to do
When I say I can't wait 'til I get ahold of you
And I don't know what I'm s'posed to do
Line up the rappers, take my pic like a photo shoot

That to me is dissing Drake.

Obviously it's subliminal so Drake isn't obliged to respond but if that's not for Drake I would be shocked.

Last edited:

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017

In any case I like this response. And I fucking LOVE that he has the balls to respond to eminem while Joe Buddens and Drake are somewhere like "nope, nope nuh uh".

Eminem ate everyone that came for his neck. Can, Benzino, all those dudes shot first, and got cooked. Lets not play games here. Its not that Eminem has not been tested by the mainstream, its that the mainstream watched him fillet those other niggas and decided they didnt want to test HIM. That's what excites me about this record even though its kinda mediocre. At least someone has a pair again. Shit, its overdue.

He never ate canibus! Only the most hardcover eminem would say he did. That would have been Eminem's biggest test. Both guys just threw jabs @ each other.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably the least-soft bellied target he's gone against outside maybe Canibus, and even that's not saying much. Eminem has never really been tested in the mainstream.

Na thats BS. When canibus and Em were throwing lines at each other Canibus was a beast. Em never really went all in at Canibus and I think there was a reason for that. Canibus back then could go with anyone toe to toe.

Nov 2, 2017

I agree that he did a good job slaying soft-bellied targets and made people scared of him, yeah. I don't doubt that Em could slay anyone in his prime - but he's never really been tested by anyone worthwhile since he blew up.

There's no discord between what you and I are saying, I don't think.

Things are different now, though. I like this record for the same reason you do, which I stated earlier in the thread.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
There were some lines which people are saying was at Drake.

"You got some views, but you're still below me/Mine are higher, so when you compare our views, you get overlooked/And I don't say the hook unless I wrote the hook"

Doubt it, not only did Drake have Eminem in his last concert but also call him the GOAT on stage and bowed to him.

Also this:

Nov 2, 2017
Na thats BS. When canibus and Em were throwing lines at each other Canibus was a beast. Em never really went all in at Canibus and I think there was a reason for that. Canibus back then could go with anyone toe to toe.
Nah. Canibus was psychologically declining from taking his L from LL and being forced underground. All of his jabs at Eminem were nothing but desperate attempts at getting back into mainstream eyes and thinly veiled jealously. This is coming from someone that could recite 2/3 of Canibus' discography word for word. The only other person I loved more than Eminem at the time was Canibus.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree that he did a good job slaying soft-bellied targets and made people scared of him, yeah. I don't doubt that Em could slay anyone in his prime - but he's never really been tested by anyone worthwhile since he blew up.

There's no discord between what you and I are saying, I don't think.

Things are different now, though. I like this record for the same reason you do, which I stated earlier in the thread.

The thing is Em has never really had anyone elite come at him.

Even when Royce was murdering D12 Eminem didn't get involved

Nov 2, 2017
The thing is Em has never really had anyone elite come at him.

Even when Royce was murdering D12 Eminem didn't get involved

I know, that's part of my point.

I don't doubt that Eminem would have stayed just about anyone at the time: the main thing going for Eminem is that he could make listeners laugh. That's pretty much a TKO in any battle. But he's not nearly as sharp or as punchy anymore. Just angsty. Angst is easy to deal with and can be redirected at the source.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Nah. Canibus was psychologically declining from taking his L from LL and being forced underground. All of his jabs at Eminem were nothing but desperate attempts at getting back into mainstream eyes and thinly veiled jealously. This is coming from someone that could recite 2/3 of Canibus' discography word for word. The only other person I loved more than Eminem at the time was Canibus.

People forget Eminem was throwing shots @ bis all the way back on the slim shady LP. Serious misconception that bis was the one instigating it all.

Still from 98-2003 bis was still a beast. Would have been a dope battle

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know, that's part of my point.

I don't doubt that Eminem would have stayed just about anyone at the time: the main thing going for Eminem is that he could make listeners laugh. That's pretty much a TKO in any battle. But he's not nearly as sharp or as punchy anymore. Just angsty. Angst is easy to deal with and can be redirected at the source.

Agree with that. Em used to be mad funny

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Name one other that is able to rap any flow, any style, any speed, bending words you didnt think was possible while being articulate and telling a story at the same time, I'll wait. He's a fucking robot on a technical level. I wouldn't put his ass on my top 5 but when it comes to success and skill he's pretty much unmatched which is why calling him the greatest rapper of all time makes sense. It's like sports, he got all the stats, doesnt mean u gotta like his shit doe.

RA the Rugged Man
Aesop Rock
Krizz Kaliko
Wrekonize

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Does MGK think he is in the same universe as Eminem?

Eminem may not be putting out prime albums right now but dude has raw skills. Like he has the foundation, you don't lose that. He will have that until he is old and grey. MGK ain't built like that.

Nov 2, 2017
People forget Eminem was throwing shots @ bis all the way back on the slim shady LP. Serious misconception that bis was the one instigating it all.

Still from 98-2003 bis was still a beast. Would have been a dope battle

Agree about the misconception of Bis, but disagree about Canibus being able to step to Em'. Pre 'Can-I-Bus' Canibus most definitely would have made things interesting. Post debut Canibus became a better musician/artist but lost a ton of confidence and swag that would have carried him in a battle with someone like Eminem at the time. He would have been clowned out of the building and essentially was, on an underground level. See "Can-I-Bitch".

Once Canibus settled underground, he became much less punchy and spiraled inward with his scientific psychobabble angle which is was not only alienating but super-easy to weaponize.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Agree about the misconception of Bis, but disagree about Canibus being able to step to Em'. Pre 'Can-I-Bus' Canibus most definitely would have made things interesting. Post debut Canibus became a better musician/artist but lost a ton of confidence and swag that would have carried him in a battle with someone like Eminem at the time. He would have been clowned out of the building and essentially was, on an underground level. See "Can-I-Bitch".

Once Canibus settled underground, he became much less punchy and spiraled inward with his scientific psychobabble angle which is was not only alienating but super-easy to weaponize.

Can-I-Bitch was corny! Plus you are forgetting about 2000bc and Mic Club the curriculum. Bis was still using lots of punch lines.

2000bc was basically a battle rap album. I can see you're point though and not totally dismissing it. For me I think he could of handled em in that period.