• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 16, 2018
Does MGK think he is in the same universe as Eminem?

Eminem may not be putting out prime albums right now but dude has raw skills. Like he has the foundation, you don't lose that. He will have that until he is old and grey. MGK ain't built like that.

Nah. The whole point of the song is him calling out Em for bullying him and stifling his career, and Em acting as if MGK was still creeping on his daughter when it was a comment he made more than half a decade ago.

He just tryna eat lol

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Does MGK think he is in the same universe as Eminem?

Eminem may not be putting out prime albums right now but dude has raw skills. Like he has the foundation, you don't lose that. He will have that until he is old and grey. MGK ain't built like that.

You are getting confused with MGK. He is not saying he is on Eminem's level. He is just responding to eminem throwing shots.

Battle rap has always been part of the culture. Nothing wrong with him dissing Em

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I can't fault Eminem for doing that to MGK. That's like the bare minimum I'd expect a protective dad to do for their kid if they have that kind of clout. MGK fucked up with that comment (haven't listened to the dog yet though so I don't know what other points he addresses).

What I do know is you don't say dumb shit to a dude like Eminem and think you can get away with it

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, I can't fault Eminem for doing that to MGK. That's like the bare minimum I'd expect a protective dad to do for their kid if they have that kind of clout. MGK fucked up with that comment (haven't listened to the dog yet though so I don't know what other points he addresses).

What I do know is you don't say dumb shit to a dude like Eminem and think you can get away with it

Blackballing a young kid from the industry! Nah em could have handled that better.

Nov 2, 2017
Can-I-Bitch was corny! Plus you are forgetting about 2000bc and Mic Club the curriculum. Bis was still using lots of punch lines.

2000bc was basically a battle rap album. I can see you're point though and not totally dismissing it. For me I think he could of handled em in that period.

Can-I-Bitch was corny, but it had some funny lines and that's all it needed. I didn't forget about 2000BC and MicClub: TC. I love those albums. The former has a few good tracks, and the latter is good, but highlights the transition to that inward spiral I talked about with tracks like "Poet Laureate" and "Bis vs. Rip".

This Canibus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGN_B8Ro6SU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZIE1VFE5I8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh4DWCG-dO0

I'd give a chance. I could see the outcome at the very least being debatable.

But he hasn't really rapped like that kind of swag and hunger since his debut IMO. Don't get me wrong, he still had some incredible tracks, but in terms of raw, lyrical showcases, this is when he was at his best IMO.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blackballing a young kid from the industry! Nah em could have handled that better.

I'm not saying it's the most rational choice, just that given Em's history and how he is with his daughter, I'm not all to surprised it played out like that. It's creepy what MGK said, so I could see how he'd be worried about MGK's influence and try to nip it in the bud. I would have handled it differently though

Edit: in my industry, I've seen people blackballed for far less

Deleted member 23091

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. Has some killer producers in his stable as well. Seven is a good buddy of mine. That whole crew is mostly gold.

Too bad, Tech has the same problem as Em, he hasn't put out a good album in years, the last one I liked from him was KOD. I'm hoping that he officially signs King Iso to Strange and push him hard.

In my opinion, Diabolic is far superior to Em when it comes to technique like multisyllabic rhymes.

Oct 25, 2017
I think MGK is a cornball, but I almost feel bad for what's about to come to him. Say what you will about Em falling off over the years and it's true, but he's still one you don't want to come at like that. This will be no sweat for him.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Yea, extremely weird that a 20-30 year old man would say how hot a 16 year old is.

Eminem may not be as great as he used to be. But he proved himself and came up from the underground. Also the fact that he was a minority in a predominately black music game. He even talks about it in some of his songs, is impressive. Before Eminem, we had Vanilla Ice and Limp Biscuit....

So to say he is the WORST is doing a terrible justice towards some of his accomplishments. Quite frankly, it is extremely trollish and has no place on this board.

But whatever, shots and trash hot takes.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, extremely weird that a 20-30 year old man would say how hot a 16 year old is.

Eminem may not be as great as he used to be. But he proved himself and came up from the underground. Also the fact that he was a minority in a predominately black music game. He even talks about it in some of his songs, is impressive. Before Eminem, we had Vanilla Ice and Limp Biscuit....

So to say he is the WORST is doing a terrible justice towards some of his accomplishments. Quite frankly, it is extremely trollish and has no place on this board.

But whatever, shots and trash hot takes.
I mean Beastie boys are there as well

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
The interesting thing about this is MGK took shots at G Eazy in a freestyle, thinking he'd be an easy target and G Eazy came back the same day with an entire track. At the same time, Em drops a few lines in a single track aimed at MGK (for context, Em mentions Charlemagne more than he does MGK in the new album).

So what does MGK do? Puts out an entire track taking shots at Em, acting like Em's few lines were an an entire albums worth of shots or something and only has a couple lines for G Eazy. Now, I can kind of get the tactic as Em is a legend so why not shoot your shot when you have a chance to make a huge name for yourself... but at the same time G Eazy is getting way more mainstream attention and radio spins so it's not entirely better for attention to go at Em.

This isn't a battle that I'm excited for particularly. But it is something that will be interesting to watch.

Oct 27, 2017
His hit/misses ratio in his discography still better than any other artist with a similar career length (like Jay Z). The guy is a legend, you don't have to like him or his music to recognise an objective fact.

Wtf is this. At this point in their careers Jay Z's discog kicks the shit out of Em's no contest. Jay put out 4:44 the same year Em was putting out fuckin Revival

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
His hit/misses ratio in his discography still better than any other artist with a similar career length (like Jay Z).
Breh. I know Kingdom Come was basura but cmon lol

Jay has more hits than misses while Eminem's discography, at this point, is more misses. SSLP - TES (and the 8 Mile Soundtrack I guess) was the last of Eminem's great works. 4:44 is better than anything Marshall has put out since 2003.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Breh. I know Kingdom Come was basura but cmon lol

Jay has more hits than misses while Eminem's discography, at this point, is more misses. SSLP - TES (and the 8 Mile Soundtrack I guess) was the last of Eminem's great works. 4:44 is better than anything Marshall has put out since 2003.
Hey mmlp2 was fine ........I'm not disagreeing though

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
9f83c2004f4c8975b51c31b144bc3baefda52c3d_00.gif

Claude Kenni

Oct 25, 2017
Eminem sexualizes a 16 year old Hilary Duff in Ass Like That and mentions JoJo who was 13, he was 32 years old

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Eminem hate here is adorable.

The equivalent of a "Bieber sucks" comment on Youtube from people hoping for easy cheers and likes.

Please

Buckets of artists praise, namedrop him as an influence and respect the man's talent, but ResetEra knows better lol

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. Threads like this make me realise how absurdly out of touch and insular this place is. Eminem irrelevant? Bad at rapping? The dude is #1 in the world everywhere right now after 18 years and 13 albums of material (10 of his, 2 D12 and 1 Bad Meets Evil), is the best selling rap artist of all time and is recognised by everyone in the industry for his skill over the years, not just at rapping but at bossing the industry and bringing rap/hip hop to more people. His hit/misses ratio in his discography still better than any other artist with a similar career length (like Jay Z). The guy is a legend, you don't have to like him or his music to recognise an objective fact.
Eminem had the talent to have a Reasonable Doubt, Black Album, American Gangster, Blueprint, and 4:44 under his belt. Em is the most skilled waste of talent, should have let Royce be his subject matter ghostwriter.

Jay-Z is well ahead of Em on the GOAT list.

Last edited:

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
Im gonna go ahead and assume you are between the ages of 8 to 19. And possibly, havent listened to many technical rappers. 90% of rappers in the scene right now would have their brain self destruct even trying to rap like Eminem.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
White Pac crossed the line when he made fun of Everlast for having a heart attack. Everlast should have let that spill on to the streets.

真棒!

Banned
Nov 24, 2017
Tech N9ne is probably one of the most underrated rappers of all time.

I use to like Tech N9ne but like, pretty much every one of his albums after Everready is basically just the stuff he use to be so against in his first albums aka pop rap, mainstream artists, etc. I mean there are a few songs on everready that are like that too i guess. All 6's and 7's had production and guest features even a lot more popular rappers don't have the budget for but that was like 2011 and everything since then has been mostly a decline. I honestly can't name a track I like from him since that cd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_(Tech_N9ne_album)

Looks like funny enough, the biggest guest feature on his newest album is MGK, lol