• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cool. hope they ditch the mobile-oriented racing from the first game. really limited its appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the iOS version but the switch version hasn't really dropped in price like i expected since it launched last year.

They must have made a ton more money with a $40-$50 product than a freemium product to make it switch only for now. Mobile does have a ton of free racers whereas switch doesn't so it makes sense.

The first was a good game albeit not designed for consoles. I am looking forward to the sequel but i'm Always down for more racing.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Neat! Hope it improves a lot upon the first one, being Switch-Centric!

41 Tracks, 195 KM.

48 Tracks, 224 KM.

72 Tracks, 312 KM.

Sounds great!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Guess the first game sold well enough - good to see them continuing and offering a alternative to Switch owners and fans of the genre.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
For a second I misread "Microids announces Lost Eden for Switch" and got excited too early.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Youtube Video says:

With the pedal to the metal, race along more than 1800 miles of roads! On the mountainside, through a nature park, in the middle of the desert or along the coast, defend your position over the course of more than 250 races, including championships, missions and challenges.

As you progress through the races, admire the growing collection of cars in your personal garage. Gear Club Unlimited 2 has more than 50 licensed cars from the world's most famous manufacturers, such as the Porsche 718 Boxster, 918 Spyder, 911 GT2RS, Dodge Viper, Lotus 3-Eleven or McLaren 720s.
Personalize them and make them unique! You can change their appearance with the paint and bodywork, or change their driving performance with engine tuning.

You would be nothing, however, without your Club! Create and manage it with your friends, recruit the best drivers and take on rival clubs from all over the world, reach the top of the podium and enjoy exclusive content reserved for the best players.

No more borders. Drive with freedom!

Open-World now?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Eden Games as in TDU Eden Games?

Ok, considering this is a fully console developed game, I'm very interested.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up buying the first game on the Switch and enjoyed it for what it was. There was plenty of room to improve and I hope they've taken the chance to do it here.

The game certainly looks better. I'm going to assume tracks are set up the same way as the first game via different sections linked together and rearranged. Looking forward to this in the end though.

Vic

Nov 22, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2018/08/gear-club-unlimited-2-announced-for-switch

Well damn! Looks like it's an exclusive as opposed to a mobile port this time. Also it does look better from what gameplay it showed, so there's that.

Curious about how this will turn out. This is the first exclusive racing game on Switch isn't it?

This is what turned me off from buying the first game although I've been asking for racing games on the Switch. Hope this one is much better on that end.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
Having played both the mobile game and the Switch port, I did really like how they stripped all the horrible "mobile" ideas out of it, with the exception of the extremely short tracks, and the lack of 60fps. I think that game could have handled 60fps no problem given the very short tracks the game had. Really hoping the second one tries to up that framerate. Other than that, pretty happy it did well enough for them to create a fully fledged sequel.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
So, the first one must have done well enough. Are we sure this is exclusive?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The actual devs that did the TDU series are now called Ivory Tower who developed The Crew 1 and 2. Basically the current Eden Games is just Eden Games in name only.

Which might mean they will make a Sequel which doesn't suck.

TDU2 and The Crew 2 were disappointing.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
The actual devs that did the TDU series are now called Ivory Tower who developed The Crew 1 and 2. Basically the current Eden Games is just Eden Games in name only.

Sort of. The co-founders seem to still run the company, so that's a big deal.

I know one former programmer is now directing V-Rally 4 at Kylotonn, having worked on the earlier games at Eden.

Deleted member 18113

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for those who played the first one on Switch, how is the physics? anything near Driveclub or Forza Horizon?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Which might mean they will make a Sequel which doesn't suck.

TDU2 and The Crew 2 were disappointing.

You don't need to spoiler your opinion. If you don't like a game, you don't like a game. Nothing wrong with that, but I think it's a fair point to make that Gear.Club wasn't best racing game either, still there is a gulf in quality compared to The Crew 2 in this case. One the biggest problems with Gear.Club Unlimited was by design it was limited as because of it's mobile roots with short tracks. While significant portion of the gacha / mobile stuff was removed there were remnants of that still existed that could be felt from the short tracks to the way you upgraded your vehicles and even how new cars were acquired.

I have some hope that this sequel is more of a console centric game with none of the aspects that bogged down the previous game as a result of it's mobile roots and not just a retread but in a open world setting.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I 100% the first one on switch... I don't think I'm in for this one... more tracks doesn't sound appealing. I hope they would go even more sim with this one.... the last one was more arcade than I wanted from a racing game. I'm kind of burnt out on the tracks... there were something like 400 tracks or something? ... but really they were all iterations of the same 3 or 4 track designs.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Well damn! Looks like it's an exclusive as opposed to a mobile port this time. Also it does look better from what gameplay it showed, so there's that.
I heard the first one was hampered by its short mobile-sized races, so I'm curious how this will improve on that. If the racing ie meatier I might jump in this time.

And count me among those wondering how well the first one sold to justify an apparent Switch-exclusive sequel.

This is the first exclusive racing game on Switch isn't it?
FAST RMX and Mario Kart technically count.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
I heard the first one was hampered by its short mobile-sized races, so I'm curious how this will improve on that. If the racing ie meatier I might jump in this time.

And I'm curious as to how well the first one sold to justify an apparent Switch-exclusive sequel.

FAST RMX and Mario Kart technically count.

True. I meant of course a traditional car racer. :P

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
open world would be cool. though expecting it to match Test Drive Unlimited would be a folly since a lot of those devs left

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i have the first one but its...ehhhhh.... not terrible, but, the handling just feels off, like with basically every Eden developed game(nfs5 ps1 version, tdu1-2)

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The most successful racing game on the Nintendo Switch is back

full

looks good tho

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
Looks pretty good, I skipped on the first one due to price and the mobile nature. Is this more arcade style than sim?

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, shit! I didn't expect that. This is going to be a day one purchase for me. My only problem with the original was the average production values, but the racing felt amazing and made up for it.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Wonder if there are any EA shareholders reading this and wondering why there isn't a Switch version of NFS. It's not as if they're short on mobile versions to port...

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First one was mediocre at best, not expecting much from this one either. Plus, at that price it was a highway robbery.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
First was OK and this looks like will be much better if we know it's developed from ground for Switch, looking forward.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't get Gear Club 1, but I might check this one out. Especially if it's open world like TDU.