• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the first one sold on switch... any ideas?

I'd imagine a $50 full fat mobile port here in the states + their expectations = happy dev/publisher

I don't know anything about the numbers. I did see them on Twitter posting more about people in EU region buying this over US people. That's purely anecdotal though.

I hope this one is 60fps.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I did follow the first game but never ended up buying it saw some youtube gameplay and I did not feel it was my kind of racer even though racing games are my favorite types of games.

Eden Games have some history with me from Test Drive Unlimited

hopefully they can do more with this version of the game if it is not a mobile port, I'll keep my eye on it

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First one was mediocre at best, not expecting much from this one either. Plus, at that price it was a highway robbery.

Eh, I don't feel like it was that overpriced. There's a lot of content. I have over 30 hours on the game and I still haven't finished it. There's a lot of asset reuse and the production values aren't high, but it's still a meaty game that handles very well. I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I played the first one on my friends switch and I liked it. This one looks way better. over 50 cars doesn't sound too shabby either.
There's also some sort of Rally mode, isn't it?
day 1

my friend must have downloaded a faulty version of gear club 1 though (if thats even possible?). for some reason he has no music ingame and we couldn't figure out how to turn it on (yet). EU eshop, that was

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Found a gameplay video I believe. Graphically it does look better. Controls and physics look the same or very similar from looking at the video. Need to see what the option were like. Having significantly longer sprint races is nice though. Since this is being made for the Switch first I hope the micro nature of the game will be different. Short burst is still good but this isn't a mobile game this time around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4BEQnWDKmU

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope there is a free roam mode. Being made for switch should open up the gameplay significantly

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'm probably going to get this. I was on the fence about part 1 because of its mobile roots but the combination of the praise I've heard for the first and knowing this one is made for switch and not ported from mobile is all I need to pull the trigger.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It does look better, but still cannot hold a candle to most current-gen racers say from Xbox One or PS4

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PR seems to confirm that it's open world and (perhaps?) have online.
Paris, October 9, 2018 – Microïds and Eden Games reveal new images for Gear.Club Unlimited 2 and confirm its worldwide release on December 4th 2018. This racing game exclusive to the Nintendo Switch will offer players a vast area to explore with more than 3000 km of races. On the mountainside, through a nature park, in the middle of the desert or along the coast, they will discover 250 races, including championships, missions and challenges.

As they progress through the game, players will need to upgrade their vehicles to climb the rankings, using the seven workshops in their specially equipped garage – the performance shop. Here, they will also be able to visually customize their vehicles by applying paint and personalized stickers, and changing the bumpers, hood, side skirts or spoiler. Gear.Club Unlimited 2 will feature a roster of 51 cars from 22 big-name manufacturers, which has been revealed below!

MAKER MODEL

• Acura NSX 2016
  • AC 378 GT Z
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • 8C Compitizione
  • Giulia II QV
  • Giulietta III QV Squadra Corse
  • Bentley Continental GT V8 S
  • BMW M2 CoupĂ©
  • M4 CoupĂ©
  • M6 CoupĂ©
  • Z4 Roadster
  • Bugatti Veyron GrandSport
  • Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
  • Camaro 50th
  • Corvette Stingray
  • Dodge Challenger RT/Scattpack
  • Viper SRT
  • Fiat 500 Abarth 695 Biposto
  • Ford Focus RS 2016
  • Mustang GT 2015
  • GTAMotor SpaniaGTA
  • Jaguar Ftype R AWD
  • Koenigsegg Agera RS
  • Lotus 3-Eleven Race
  • Elise 220 Cup
  • Evora 400
  • Exige S
  • Mazzanti Evantra
  • McLaren 12C
  • 570S
  • 570S GT4
  • 675LT
  • 720S
  • P1
  • Mercedes-AMG C63 S
  • GT S
  • SLS BlackSeries
  • Mini Cooper S JCW (F56)
  • Nissan 370z
  • 370z Nismo
  • GTR
  • GTR Nismo
  • Pagani Huayra Roadster
  • Zonda Cinque
  • Porsche 718 Boxster GTS
  • 911 GT2 RS
  • 918 Spyder
  • Ruf CTR 3
  • RT12 R
  • W-Motors Fenyr Supersport
  • Lykan Hypersport

Further information on local and online multiplayer modes will be revealed very soon.

Gear.Club Unlimited 2 is developed by Eden Games and published by MicroĂŻds. It will be available on the Nintendo Switch as a physical and digital version in all territories on December 4th 2018. The game is rated E for Everyone (ESRB) / PEGI 3 / USK 0.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
They really need to work on making the handling and menus feel snappier - if they do, I'll definitely pick it up.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It says explore, but I could also mean the total distance of all the tracks. If they were touting the open world size, wouldn't they use square KM? Or just say "open world"?

I remember TDU advertised itself as 1,000 miles of Road to drive on.

Test Drive Unlimited challenges players online and offline to experience the most exotic and fastest vehicles on more than 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads. Gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, bikes, apparel, homes and garages.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get gameplay sooner than later. No online put me off on the first Gear.Club game.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
https:///venture-around-gear-club-unlimited-2s-performance-shop/ New trailer showing off the performance shop. Game is looking good. Can tell it's ground up for Switch

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this as a nice cleanse from endless hours of FH4. Already have the physical copy preordered.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
https:///venture-around-gear-club-unlimited-2s-performance-shop/ New trailer showing off the performance shop. Game is looking good. Can tell it's ground up for Switch

Looking forward to this as a nice cleanse from endless hours of FH4. Already have the physical copy preordered.

Yeah, it really looks like they want to capitalise on the fact the Switch doesn't have many, if any, Real-Car Racers and see their time to shine if done right.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a weird quality to this game's look and I can't put my finger on it. It looks good and bad at the same time.

It's just that it's an indie game attempting realistic graphics, so they have no choice but to cut a lot of corners. It looks good in a PS Vita 2 kind of way, but it's not gonna be like Panic Button porting Forza or Gran Turismo. If it's anything like the first game, at least it looks sharp.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
This came out yesterday for $69.99 Canadian. Trying to get my lady to get it for my birthday. Anyone pick it up? And no OT?