• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just announced in the conference.

Edit:
video from Ninja Theory explaining their reasoning

Last edited by a moderator:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just announced during the presser.

From The Guardian live thread:

Microsoft announces that it has acquired 5 new game studios
Xbox chief Phil Spencer is back, talking about how the Xbox team has been touring the world in search of new studios to work with. This has resulted in a new Microsoft game studio: The Initiative, based in Santa Monica.

Microsoft has also acquired Undead Labs, developer of the recent State of Decay 2. The company has also bought up Playground Games, developers of the Forza Horizon series - and, says Phil, an "entirely new open-world project".

Big surprise: Ninja Theory, developer of BAFTA-winning Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, is now part of Microsoft too.

And there's a fifth! Compulsion Games, which is currently making We Happy Few.

This is great news. Microsoft is showing that it's investing massively in new game development talent.

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Thats a damn good studio, DmC and Hellblade are some really great games and really fill he void of cinematic action games MS lacks.

spam flakes

Oct 27, 2017
Good for them. I didn't expect that at all.

And yeah, lol that kills the DmC sequel by Ninja Theory.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legit megaton.
Sucks that they will be locked to one system but fucking good on them to make it

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
GIVE THEM BACK

giphy.gif

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tameem antoniades sick of eating rice and beans every day just so his game can reach market

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Great news. People screamed from the heavens for MS to expand their first party talent and they're going for broke. Great acquisition.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a good get. Tbh I never cared for their games tho, but I have yet to play Hellblade which I've heard great things about

Oct 30, 2017
I get and support them buying studios that are associated with them (honestly thought Playground was already under them), but this sucks for gamers. Hopefully works out for both.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Theory can never fuck up DMC again. MS are the heroes of E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.