Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
ms-rewards3wfe3.png

Since Microsoft Rewards is getting more attractive and accessible every day, I thought it might be a good idea to have a central place here to talk about it. This program replaced Xbox Live Rewards as an - in my opinion - much better and more generalized way to earn rewards through the Microsoft eco-system - including Xbox.

It's easy to rack up points and earn your way toward great Microsoft Rewards. Get points for doing the things you already do. Search on Bing.com, buy stuff from Microsoft/Xbox Store online or in Windows 10, or just explore the Rewards page for daily activities.

Microsoft Rewards points don't have any cash value. But if you're a numbers person, or if you just want to know how long it will take for you to earn that sweet gift card or free subscription, it usually takes about 5,000 points to redeem something worth $5.

Remember to stay signed in with your Microsoft account, and you're golden. Your Rewards points will show up next to your account name wherever you go, so you can track your progress. If you have a Windows 10 device (and you're signed in to your device with your Microsoft account), you can even earn points by searching for stuff on the web through the Search box there on the taskbar. Personally I simply setup Bing as my standard search on both mobile and desktop and the points come in on their own.

ms-rewards-how-toqqdy6.png

The points breakdown on the Microsoft Rewards page offers you a good overview of the points you can earn every day. Activities vary by the country you are using the program in.
  • Using Bing on desktop earns you 3 points per search, up to 90 points per day.
  • Using Bing on mobile earns you 3 points per search, up to 60 points per day.
  • There are daily activities on your Rewards page, reaching from 30 - 90 points per day (quiz stuff and specific search strings, usually takes less than 2 minutes).
  • There are daily and weekly activities in the Xbox Rewards App.
  • Game Pass Quests. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Console plan members can earn Microsoft Rewards points by playing games from the Xbox Game Pass library.
  • Every $1 / EUR etc. spent in the Microsoft/Xbox Store (yes, even your normal digital Xbox games purchases) earns you 20 points (sometimes more when specific campaigns are on, as an example buying games from the Summer Sale earned you 100 points per $1 / EUR, etc. spent)
  • Recently Microsoft Rewards added a scorestreak, which earns you bonus points if you just keep coming back and fulfill the daily quests day after day.
    1st Streak = Day 3 (3 days) = 45 pts
    2nd Streak = Day 8 (5 days) = 75 pts
    3rd Streak = Day 13 (5 days) = 75 pts
    4th Streak = Day 20 (7 days) = 105 pts
    5th Streak = Day 28 (7 days) = 105 pts
    And so on ...
bf1b127907f3536767cdf5aa892a3145.png

Personally, I made the experience that it takes about 5 min per day to get all the usual daily points.

bildschirmfoto2020-118nkza.png

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Console plan members can earn Microsoft Rewards points by playing games from the Xbox Game Pass library.

You should get the Xbox Game Pass Mobile app.

Android
: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...Gs0R&utm_source=Xbox.com%2FGamePass+-+Android

iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/xbox-game-pass/id1374542474

bildschirmfoto2020-11mgkh7.png

ms-rewards-countries31dor.png

Microsoft Rewards offers and redemption catalogs vary across regions. Microsoft will gradually introduce the Microsoft Rewards program across the globe. The following is a list of regions and corresponding languages in which Microsoft Rewards is available:
  • Australia: English
  • Belgium: Dutch and French
  • Brazil: Portuguese (currently limited offers - thanks to Starlatine )
  • Canada: English
  • Canada: French Canadian
  • France: French
  • Germany: German
  • Hong Kong: Chinese Traditional and English
  • Ireland: English
  • Italy: Italian
  • Japan: Japanese
  • Mexico: Spanish
  • Netherlands: Dutch
  • New Zealand: English
  • Norway: Norwegian
  • Singapore: English
  • Spain: Spanish
  • Sweden: Swedish
  • Taiwan: Chinese Traditional
  • United Kingdom: English
  • United States: English (Available in all 50 states and in Washington D.C. Not available in Puerto Rico.)
The current list is always available here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027275/microsoft-account-rewards-regions-and-languages

ms-rewards-rewardswyfl8.png

There are a wide variety of rewards on the redeem page available.
  • Xbox Live Gold 1 month
  • Xbox Live Gold 3 months
  • Xbox Live Gold 12 month
  • Game Pass 1 month
  • Game Pass 3 months
  • Xbox Store Credit
  • Sweepstakes for winning hardware
  • More ...
I always go for Xbox Live Gold + Game Pass as soon as there is a discount on these. It basically pays for itself then and you don't have to spend money on XBL Gold and Game Pass if you invest a few minutes per day.

apps.10775.13990552743697508.0dc2c98d-397a-4f83-b8a0-5b4a82d33900.05e380fa-1e38-4b69-86d6-aaf2653f37b8

Worth noting there is also a Microsoft Rewards app available on Xbox One - Microsoft Rewards App on Xbox. The app may offer even more activities and a good overview of your Rewards account.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
let me save any brazilian here your time: nothing he said in the OP works for us, the program is crap in brazil, you get - if lucky - two daily offers to get 10 points (but you can go weeks with just one) and xbox rewards was WAY BETTER specially with the myvip gems system they added and scrapped right after

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
let me save any brazilian here your time: nothing he said in the OP works for us, the program is crap in brazil, you get - if lucky - two daily offers to get 10 points (but you can go weeks with just one) and xbox rewards was WAY BETTER specially with the myvip gems system they added and scrapped right after
Added it to the op, thanks.

I expect it to be better in a few weeks/months for you hopefully. They are currently expanding the program across all areas.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Well if you're adding to the OP might as well tell people to not bother with the website - install the app on your xbox, because there's where your occasional offers (for 5 points) will appear. We don't get bing searches, quizzes or any other shit though. The website is useless, i still have all the offers i completed when i migrated the accounts taking space there and i had literally TWO offers this entire month using the site. Utterly useless.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I end up spending my rewards money on those damn scratch-offs. LOL

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well if you're adding to the OP might as well tell people to not bother with the website - install the app on your xbox, because there's where your occasional offers (for 5 points) will appear). We don't get bing or any other shit. The website is useless, i still have all the offers i completed when i migrated the accounts taking space there and i had literally TWO offers this entire month using the site. Utterly useless.
Why are so so aggressive to me? :/ I I just try to help, because all I can say is that in the US (and in Germany), the program is awesome and the website for good for me.

Sorry that the program isn't good in Brazil right now. That's not my fault.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Why are so so aggressive to me? :/ I I just try to help.

Sorry that the program isn't good in Brazil right now. That's not my fault.

woah it wasn't aimed towards you, you said you were updating so i wanted to state what we have currently avaliable here for information sake since i (sadly) use rewards for a long time and check daily. sorry if it sounded this way, its definitely not my intention.

but the point still stands, if you want rewards in brazil, as poor as they are, just use the xbox app, never the website, the website simply doesnt work, it makes me thing its even an error on their part because it because it makes no sense to get two or if you're lucky three 10 point offers the entire MONTH. i want to believe its an error.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Started using it in July and I'm already 1/3rd on my way to a year of Gold with barely any effort. Getting really invested in Microsoft's whole ecosystem this gen with great features like this, Game Pass and Play Anywhere. Microsoft getting all my engagement.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I've been using Bing Rewards for about 18 months now, and in that time, I've gotten Live for free until 2021, and now have gamepass free until 2019. It requires a little dedication, but once you add it to your daily routine, it really adds up.

Also, I'm in the US and can't speak to how it is in other regions, but I can usually get a minimum of 450 points a day.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
You can redeem the Microsoft Points for Amazon and other gift cards as well. It's worth doing the Bing Daily Rewards even if you aren't in the Xbox Ecosystem.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Yep keep your points until they run promotions. I always wait until they have 25% off for Xbox space bucks. 7K points for $10 credit is pretty awesome. I just used $40 of fake money to get Fallout76 for $20

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using this lately to get about $10 in amazon credit per month to use on eshop cards. It's the only way I can think of to make nintendo games reasonably priced.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Point accumulation and rewards discount at level 2 is a lot better than the introduction levels

100 pts a day on mobile (5pts per)
150 pts for PC based web searches (5pts per)
20 pts for touching the edge browser
15pts streak
30+ pts for random poll/quiz/query

Redemptions:
XBLG:
6,800 - 1 month (200 discount)
15,000 - 3 month (1,000 discount)
29,000 - 12 month (1,000 discount)

Game Pass:
6,800 - 1 month (200 discount)
17,000 - 3 month (1,000 discount)

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this before; If you are not in the list of supported countries just download and install the Opera browser, turn on the vpn feature and set it to america. Start earning points.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I posted this before; If you are not in the list of supported countries just download and install the Opera browser, turn on the vpn feature and set it to america. Start earning points.

And people answered you before - it doesnt work, at least not for everyone.

Even for those who work, risking your account on a possible illegal activity is far from being the ideal solution. Either support the region or don't. Don't half ass just so you can boast "our program is reaching x countries!!!"

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been doing it in Australia for the last couple of months. The reward options themselves aren't so great here, but it's basically no effort at all for $5 of Microsoft credit each month. Seems like it's best to hoard your points and then buy a bunch of cards at once rather than cash out each month, though, because the credit expires.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Mine glitched the other day or something and ended my streak even though I did everything. I was up to over 100 days.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
And people answered you before - it doesnt work, at least not for everyone.

Even for those who work, risking your account on a possible illegal activity is far from being the ideal solution. Either support the region or don't. Don't half ass just so you can boast "our program is reaching x countries!!!"
Didn't see any reply. Anyway it works for me and am not sure what is illegal about it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I've been using this lately to get about $10 in amazon credit per month to use on eshop cards. It's the only way I can think of to make nintendo games reasonably priced.
Oh they brought back Amazon cards? I had stopped using them because they dropped them f

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Thank tor for this OT. I've been doing this since back when it was Bing Rewards. But more people need to be aware that it's a real thing you can do.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
You can also get...

Nintendo e-Shop money
PSN credit
Steam cards
Blizzard gift cards
PC games
PS4 games
Switch games
A new toaster
Starbucks gift cards

Seriously, it's not just for Microsoft products.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
My brother and I have been using this for a while so that we get some benefit toward Xbox stuff at least when searching. I would say that this definitely isn't free though, as even 5 minutes a day to be sure you do this for a 31 day month is only going to average out to literally a handful of dollars in value for your "hourly rate" for the work invested. So my only recommendation is to just focus primarily on using it for your searching that you do anyway at work or home on your PC and phone and not stress too much about not missing every possible bonus points available and such. An extra hour or two of paid work at your regular job once a while or skipping a meal out every once in a while is another option to have Xbox gaming money for less overall "work"/time invested too, as "time is money" is applicable here.

I have given them feedback that it would be great to have options for earning points by playing Xbox games, as that also encourages continued use of the Xbox ecosystem.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those 5 dollars add up, I might have to get back into the game

Definitely. It's hard to do a 100% accurate calculation because you never know what daily challenges will pop up but I've noticed it's possible to get $10 a month or very close to the point total needed. So yeah $120 a year is definitely nothing to laugh at. It's even more if you're using it on Xbox stuff since they're cheaper than the retail gift cards AND they get sales.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
So the streaks don't count toward the amount you normally earn from daily searches and activities, right?

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Side note that should go into the OP Klobrille:

Microsoft Points is missing lots of features outside the US/UK. For instance, in lots of european countries, there are no Bing Search points, no streaks, no game or quiz activities and you can only earn a few points per day.

When Microsoft Points launched where I live (Spain), I asked the Bing and MS Rewards Marketing Lead for Europe, who happens to be from Spain, about the state of this service in Spain and other european countries...

He freackin' told me that MS Rewards hadn't launched in Spain to his knowledge at the time!!

So yeah, this is a waste of time if you aren't from the US or UK. Germany and France have the basic features too, but don't get as many updates as those from the US/UK.

The program is barebones outside those countries.

Shame this will probably come to Greece in 2021.

Yeah, and if it ever launches in Greece, it will probably be a half-assed attempt, like what we got here in Spain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Side note that should go into the OP Klobrille:

Microsoft Points is missing lots of features outside the US/UK. For instance, in lots of european countries, there are no Bing Search points, no streaks, no game or quiz activities and you can only earn a few points per day.

When Microsoft Points launched where I live (Spain), I asked the Bing and MS Rewards Marketing Lead for Europe, who happens to be from Spain, about the state of this service in Spain and other european countries...

He freackin' told me that MS Rewards hadn't launched in Spain to his knowledge at the time!!

So yeah, this is a waste of time if you aren't from the US or UK. Germany and France have the basic features too, but don't get as many updates as those from the US/UK.

The program is barebones outside those countries.
It is already in the OP :) "Activities vary by the country you are using the program in."

In Germany it's pretty good and gets more activities every few weeks recently. They are clearly expanding the program currently. So I have the hope they can expand it to more countries.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've got 12000 points in 6 months which is almost enough for 2 months of game pass, but I don't go out of my way to use it I just set my default search engine to Bing

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
It is already in the OP :) "Activities vary by the country you are using the program in."

In Germany it's pretty good and gets more activities every few weeks recently. They are clearly expanding the program currently. So I have the hope they can expand it to more countries.

I mean, It was awesome before June, because I could use worldwide email links and get points for doing activities from other countries. Reddit r/MicrosoftRewards was a goldmine of points, got like 30 euros worth of points (part of that was thanks to the merge of Xbox Rewards to MS Rewards) from that subreddit.

Unfortunately, links from other countries don't work anymore and if you use a VPN you can get banned, so the party is over heh.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
This got me to start using Bing every day just to check out that scrolling list of news articles, I click on each - read a bit - then move on to the next. It's really helped me in HQ Trivia and the weekly trivia night at the bar lol

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
When you claim say Game Pass, is the code automatically applied to your account or do you get a code to put in anytime or is there an expiry date?

kharma45

Oct 26, 2017
Still annoyed they took the 12 month option away for Game Pass, at least in the UK. I wasn't far off either. Now it's either one month or three.