oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone manage to get the the "Find somewhere new to explore card" to trigger?

If so, what did you search for?

Sinah

Jun 2, 2022
Anyone manage to get the the "Find somewhere new to explore card" to trigger?

If so, what did you search for?

Any country should work i used Mauritius.

Anyone got the one which makes you search for parcel tracking numbers?
Might be Germany only but it's the second month i got it now and just like last time none of the tracking numbers from DHL, DPD, UPS and so on i have work really annoying.

LDNStateOfMind

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Any country should work i used Mauritius.

Anyone got the one which makes you search for parcel tracking numbers?
Might be Germany only but it's the second month i got it now and just like last time none of the tracking numbers from DHL, DPD, UPS and so on i have work really annoying.

Yeah i'm stuck on this one as well

EDIT: stolen from reddit: search for 'UPS tracking' ...worked for me

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
So after 2 months of "On the go" messages, I noticed while on my Series S it was now showing the £5 gift card as a goal for me. Clicked through to the redeem options and lo and behold, I'm able to redeem again.

Cashed out my points (after they made me add a mobile number to verify). Thought I'd do it before something else went wrong.

Would love to know why they flagged my account as that when I've not been on the go at all and didn't use a vpn. Regardless, can finally draw a line under things with MS Rewards now that I've cashed out.

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018
Just found this thread. Been a Microsoft Rewards user as long as the program has existed. Glad to be a part of this thread. The MS Rewards program has allowed me to get GamePass Ultimate for free since it existed (monthly auto-redeem with the discount FTW) and also got my XBox consoles saving up through this program. Sucks how much they have gutted it the past 6 months or so but as long as I can continue to get GPU for free every month for little effort as part of my morning routine, I will be doing it. Currently saving up for whatever the next XBox console will be. Or maybe just a new controller.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Soooo... Bing is down, Copilot is down, everything that use their API is down. Great performance just after announcing their Copilot+ hardware line :V

_Genesis_

Aug 13, 2018
Think I've got one last 3 months of core redemption in me before I call it quits on the program. The cuts to how much you can earn (especially in the UK) have just killed all my motivation to continue with it.

I've managed 4 years of Gamepass Ultimate for free using it, think I should be happy with that!

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
How do people get to the Rewards dashboard on Xbox? I have to press home, go to my profile, check my achievements and then tab across which feels weirdly convoluted and there must be a more sensible method, right?

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
How do people get to the Rewards dashboard on Xbox? I have to press home, go to my profile, check my achievements and then tab across which feels weirdly convoluted and there must be a more sensible method, right?
Yeah, I always just go through achievements to get there.
Guide, RB, A, Down x 3, A
You shouldn't have to go to achievements
I had to look through each of the tabs wondering just which one you were pressing A on. I customized my guides, and after setting it to default, it appears you did, too.
It's the "Profile & System" tab they're "RBing" to, if anyone else wants to know.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah, I always just go through achievements to get there.

I had to look through each of the tabs wondering just which one you were pressing A on. I customized my guides, and after setting it to default, it appears you did, too.
It's the "Profile & System" tab they're "RBing" to, if anyone else wants to know.
lol yeah, i might have customised mine!

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Click home button, and navigate to your profile tab, click your profile picture, you should see "My Rewards"

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Thanks everyone, it kinda seems like all the ways to get to it are as bad as each other! I miss having that rewards app just sitting right there on the home screen. There should really be a button for it at the top of the home screen where you get to Store, Game Pass, etc, and I wondered if I was missing something obvious.

I suspect Microsoft maybe want to make it a bit harder to find, though.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks everyone, it kinda seems like all the ways to get to it are as bad as each other! I miss having that rewards app just sitting right there on the home screen. There should really be a button for it at the top of the home screen where you get to Store, Game Pass, etc, and I wondered if I was missing something obvious.

I suspect Microsoft maybe want to make it a bit harder to find, though.
Yes, I miss having the Rewards app right there in my Pinned section (although it really wasn't that much easier to get to it).

No, I don't miss the Rewards app itself as it often had extreme delays in responding to inputs. The new section, at least for me, is far more responsive.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm gonna manage to get the 1000 point monthly quest for the 3rd month in a row tomorrow, which is always nice, but when you sit down and think about it, that's only about 33 points a day over the month

I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to get it, but it just so happens that I've managed to get the last 3 months naturally

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Ever since the 10 second delay between searches i have been majorly lacking and not getting nearly as many points as i used to get due to a lack of effort on my part

im sure that was their intent though

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna manage to get the 1000 point monthly quest for the 3rd month in a row tomorrow, which is always nice, but when you sit down and think about it, that's only about 33 points a day over the month

I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to get it, but it just so happens that I've managed to get the last 3 months naturally

It hasn't been a big deal really, just gotta get your games in order with quick and easy achievements ahead of time, been coasting on those all this time. Also ironically helps in that since it's only 5 points for daily achievements instead of 50, it's only worth it to do the bare minimum to whatever you need for the 1000 points.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Ever since the 10 second delay between searches i have been majorly lacking and not getting nearly as many points as i used to get due to a lack of effort on my part

it's 5/6 seconds, not 10 but yeah, now it surely takes more time even due the fact they removed the points for clicking on most of tails, on mobile especially is quite annoying.

Right now I get 10k monthly without owning an Xbox console.

pacman85

Sep 12, 2018

That cooldown that killed my interest in this program was the 15 MINUTE cooldown after each couple of searches. It literally took all day to get your searches in at that point. Thankfully that went away and I now have the 5 second in between each search cooldown on my account and my wife's account has the same thing. It's way more manageable than the 15 minute one.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
Just went to the rewards dashboard on my laptop and received a 200 point coupon. So anything I redeem between now and June 15th is 200 points off.

That's stupid streak protection button turned itself on. Has this happened to anyone else?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with streak protection?

You'd assume it work in that if you miss a day, it'll keep your streak. But no, instead how they made it work is that each day it's left on it uses up one of your streak protection days, which makes it pretty much pointless.

At best you can keep it on while you're on vacation or something I guess, but meh

It being able to turn itself on is new to me though

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Well if it turns itself on, you can't use it for a year

You'd assume it work in that if you miss a day, it'll keep your streak. But no, instead how they made it work is that each day it's left on it uses up one of your streak protection days, which makes it pretty much pointless.

At best you can keep it on while you're on vacation or something I guess, but meh

Weird. Mine has been on for weeks now and I haven't used a single day (0/14).

I guess it's fitting that MS would release something buggy and confusing.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what happens with your points when you move to a different country? I assume I just lose all my points as soon as I change region but was wondering if anyone had experience with it. I will be moving from Canada to Sweden indefinitely for my job pretty soon.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
Hi all, I wanted to check in and see how the rewards program is treating you after their recent changes.

At first I wasn't sure if I'd keep doing it after the nerf, but I just managed to earn my monthly Game Pass Ultimate with a little buffer for next month. As long as I can keep doing that I'll probably stick with the grind.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. Mine has been on for weeks now and I haven't used a single day (0/14).

I guess it's fitting that MS would release something buggy and confusing.

Fitting indeed smh

Hi all, I wanted to check in and see how the rewards program is treating you after their recent changes.

At first I wasn't sure if I'd keep doing it after the nerf, but I just managed to earn my monthly Game Pass Ultimate with a little buffer for next month. As long as I can keep doing that I'll probably stick with the grind.

I am getting about 15k points per month, so still good on my end, some of the recent nerfs were technically a boost for me, as I never got stuff like Jewel and the log in daily stuff until recently, so getting any points at all that I didn't have before is an improvement

Sucks about the nerfs to achievements, but the silver lining is that now I only need to focus on having enough to get the 1000 points every month

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Just went to the rewards dashboard on my laptop and received a 200 point coupon. So anything I redeem between now and June 15th is 200 points off.

That's stupid streak protection button turned itself on. Has this happened to anyone else?

Well if it turns itself on, you can't use it for a year

Streak protection is fine now, it works as you'd expect/hope it to.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Cash in all reward points for GPC = 50 days GPU before Xbox's next showing. Yay or nay?

I'd say if it's out of fear of tier and prices changes, even if those get announced they would come with a transition period. I did that but you may as well just wait a bit more if you're interested in other possible uses for your points.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Prolly a dumb question, but there is any way (even if roundabout) to make use of a Microsoft gift card outside of Microsoft/Xbox's ecosystem?

My friend won a $50 gift card the other day, but they have no interest in Xbox at all, so Xbox digital games, accessories, putting it towards a console, none of that interests them at all lol

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Prolly a dumb question, but there is any way (even if roundabout) to make use of a Microsoft gift card outside of Microsoft/Xbox's ecosystem?

My friend won a $50 gift card the other day, but they have no interest in Xbox at all, so Xbox digital games, accessories, putting it towards a console, none of that interests them at all lol

If it's a code they can sell that. If it was applied to their account they could gift someone digital content for cash? Not sure on any other options.