• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
What is this nonsense of not being able to redeem Xbox credit codes at times? The option was gone 2 days ago, yesterday it was possible and today it's gone again...

Just want to redeem this last code and then I'll be done with this program.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
I have 10,619 points for the month so far. I know some of those are from purchases, but not sure how to tell how many. It's says I've earned 6,503 from purchases but that seems to be including not just this month because it didn't reset on 4/1. I'd guess it's around 2000 for this month.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
I'm confused…why are people all of a sudden expecting the rewards app to be replaced with something else? I thought it was pretty clear MS was discontinuing the rewards app, moving everything to the new place and doing away with weekly streaks.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused…why are people all of a sudden expecting the rewards app to be replaced with something else? I thought it was pretty clear MS was discontinuing the rewards app, moving everything to the new place and doing away with weekly streaks.
The message where they say the rewards app is ending said something to the effect that they'll add new opportunities. Maybe the additions in recent weeks were those though...

Returners

Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to get the daily play bonus (the new 5 day one/week for 250/275) even when I actually received the 15 min daily play bonus. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Did anyone else get an "order" they didn't make for Spotify premium 3-months? I received an email this morning from Microsoft Rewards and it says it's free, looked in my order history and it's 0 points. I never ordered this so was concerned that maybe I was hacked somehow despite having 2-factor/etc, but maybe it's just a promo?

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else get an "order" they didn't make for Spotify premium 3-months? I received an email this morning from Microsoft Rewards and it says it's free, looked in my order history and it's 0 points. I never ordered this so was concerned that maybe I was hacked somehow despite having 2-factor/etc, but maybe it's just a promo?
There is a free promo for that, which you might have selected. But to be sure, you can go into your Microsoft account settings (clicking on your account name in the top right of the rewards page and following the links. There's a security section that shows any login attempts or sync attempts.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
There is a free promo for that, which you might have selected. But to be sure, you can go into your Microsoft account settings (clicking on your account name in the top right of the rewards page and following the links. There's a security section that shows any login attempts or sync attempts.
Nobody should have been able to access my account without being notified, I have 2FA set up as well

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody should have been able to access my account without being notified, I have 2FA set up as well
I assume it was just that you redeemed it without knowing. I think I have seen the offer among the tiles for getting points at one point.

I've been using the same hotmail email for twenty five years. I get hundreds of login attempts a day. Usually every couple of minutes. It's best not to look lol
Yeah it can be hard to look at but sometimes it's worth checking. :)

GWX

Oct 25, 2017

I got the same e-mail, never redeemed the reward myself. Must be something on MS's end.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They just launched the Xbox credit card and that has a bonus of three months of free Spotify premium, so I assume whatever deal they made with Spotify for that also extended to Microsoft Rewards.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Searches are just not working for me today. Stuck at 0 no matter what I do. Maddening.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody know some PC games with a small install size that I can use for weeklies? Something less than 2 gigs like Taiko.

Ganepark32

Nov 21, 2021
Been slowly earning points even though I can't redeem any points as support having resolved my "on the go" issue that I've had since redeeming a scratch and win. Seems like it's a common enough issue going by reddit but no one is getting it resolved.

Did notice when submitting the new weekly on console while on my Series S at home that its now telling me I'm on the go. But it does give me the option to donate 1000 points though underneath it. Curious whether clicking it will help resolve my issue or not.

Just find it funny that even when using my Series S at home its now telling me I'm on the go. Support, especially for Rewards, really is shockingly bad.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Been slowly earning points even though I can't redeem any points as support having resolved my "on the go" issue that I've had since redeeming a scratch and win. Seems like it's a common enough issue going by reddit but no one is getting it resolved.

Did notice when submitting the new weekly on console while on my Series S at home that its now telling me I'm on the go. But it does give me the option to donate 1000 points though underneath it. Curious whether clicking it will help resolve my issue or not.

Just find it funny that even when using my Series S at home its now telling me I'm on the go. Support, especially for Rewards, really is shockingly bad.

I suspect the problem is that microsoft's geolocation database has a lot of errors. So it may see your ISP's ip address range as in a foreign country. Its more and more common now as IPv4 addresses are getting reused a lot and the old systems of keeping the data "correct" have probably been broken for a while. Especially with mobile networks. Plus you never know when you may connect to a VPN, say you hook up to an open wifi at a coffee store, you have no clue if they are using a VPN themselves to "firewall" their internal corporate site from their public facing wifi.

Support will never be able to fix it, its a deep internal problem that I doubt anyone gives a single fuck about since all the microsoft engineers are going to be living in seattle and their ISPs will be working fine, so they won't even really understand "the problem". Plus fixing it would be nearly impossible, there are a million ISPs and there is no way to tell on mobile phones where you really are.

The sad thing is the problem is easily fixable, but Microsoft is just too big/corporate to really understand. They need to remove all the incentives that people can sell. Amazon, Walmart, food gift cards, etc. Unfortunately they view it as an engineering problem and keep trying to engineer ways to make it hard to bot farm 24x7, whereas its infinitely simpler to attack the problem from the other end, remove the actual rewards that resell.

I mostly gave up on rewards earlier this year, just do the 3 daily tasks and the gamepass stuff. Earned about 3500 points so far this month, will end the month around 5k. Far, far less than the 30-35k/month the last few years, but probably almost still enough to pay for 3 months of gamepass every 3 months.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
It's so sad that these were almost my daily points from the app and now it's a weekly thing and the daily are 1/5 of that

ywmN4Sj.jpeg

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
With the Rewards Console App gone, there goes the only way to redeem points without having a phone number verification.
Does multiple accounts using the same phone number = ban?

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017

I checked my account today and saw the free promo was added to my account and instantly got super paranoid. I don't use Spotify and already know I am not eligible for any 3 months promos from them since I already used it years ago. Glad I wasn't the only one to have had that pop up on their account.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017

I checked my account today and saw the free promo was added to my account and instantly got super paranoid. I don't use Spotify and already know I am not eligible for any 3 months promos from them since I already used it years ago. Glad I wasn't the only one to have had that pop up on their account.

I DO remember seeing something like that, but I must've deleted the email from my phone when I got it because it's just not there anymore. It's not in my order history either, which is weird I KNOW I saw it.
I still have emails saying "get 3 months free Spotify Premium after you search for at least 3 days..."

Ohh! That must've been some promotion where it automatically redeems it when you search for 3 days. Like I have seen those before, usually for something like a 5000 dollar sweepstakes or something.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
With the Rewards Console App gone, there goes the only way to redeem points without having a phone number verification.
Does multiple accounts using the same phone number = ban?
wouldnt risk it if you care enough to do that

i just dont understand still wanting to have multiple accounts with how shitty things are now (and probably gonna get worse because they always just get worse)

imagine spending 30min+ booting a game every day to get 20 points

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
wouldnt risk it if you care enough to do that

i just dont understand still wanting to have multiple accounts with how shitty things are now (and probably gonna get worse because they always just get worse)

Yes, don't do this. They can detect these things.
Thought so, thanks. And in fact I've gotta admit I'm relieved I can finally let go the second account lol

Oh hell no, never even thought of doing that on my second account. And I stopped doing it on my main account as well as soon as it was nerfed to 20 pts.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Just to confirm, there's no way to launch a console game from the cloud, right? Failing that, when do the app tasks reset?

Dingotech

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly my Bing PC search time limit has been removed the last two days. It certainly made the points much nicer to obtain.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
My Game Pass Ultimate is about to expire in a few days. I tried redeeming a 1-month GPU sub from MS Rewards, but it's asking me for a phone number for some reason (it never asked before). I tried verifying my phone number and I got a six-digit code to enter, but it said there was a problem. I tried a few times earlier today, but now it's telling me to try another way to verify my account. I'm not sure what to do now.

Edit: Also, I've gotten texts from MS with this same number before, but now I can't see my number listed on my account.

Last edited:

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm looking at the rewards site, and went to redeem some points to get a Xbox gift card and there is no option to get a gift card. I can get a Game Pass Ultimate card, I can get a $10 card if I signup for auto redeem, but no other Xbox gift cards are on the site. Does anyone else have this issue or am I the only person?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm looking at the rewards site, and went to redeem some points to get a Xbox gift card and there is no option to get a gift card. I can get a Game Pass Ultimate card, I can get a $10 card if I signup for auto redeem, but no other Xbox gift cards are on the site. Does anyone else have this issue or am I the only person?

Here is the direct link for me, does this work for you

$1.25 Xbox Gift Card

Get an Xbox gift card for games and entertainment on Xbox One, Xbox 360 and other select Microsoft online stores.