R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Does this mean that the contract they signed with Ninja and others is void?

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
From the article

Microsoft's choice to partner with Facebook is clearly a strategic one that's also related to broadening the appeal of its upcoming xCloud game streaming service and its overall gaming efforts. Microsoft will work closely with Facebook to bring xCloud to Facebook Gaming, allowing viewers to click and immediately play games that people are streaming. It's a vision that's very similar to Google's ambitions with Stadia, but Mixer has lacked the scale and viewership to truly deliver this more broadly. Microsoft recruited exclusive streamers like Ninja and Shroud with big deals, but they haven't been enough to get more people using the service over rivals. Ninja, Shroud, and other top streamers are now free to rejoin Twitch or stream on Facebook Gaming.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Them going from Mixer to Facebook has me going from "why not" to "no fucking way".

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Wow as a Mixer Streamer that sucks but I can understand why. I wont be streaming on Facebook but maybe I'll do twitch.

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
CBR-header-The-Evil.jpg
lol

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
Wow, Ninja raked in the cash to move to Mixer, and now he gets to move back to Twitch in less than a year with no consequences.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
expected, Mixer was clearly a failure from the start. Despite what a very loud minority of people would proclaim.
The racism claims and then desperate higher ups only made it easier for MS to shut it down

They wasted so much money, it was all so pointless

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising at all. The paid streamer deals didn't work at all and the writing has been on the wall, unfortunately.

Facebook gaming on the other hand appears to be absolutely huge and I'm curious to see where it heads.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Well this is certainly unexpected in a couple of different ways.
Why Facebook? Damn.

I always hoped someone would be able to replace twitch because the people running it are awful, and Facebook is worse especially in regards to privacy.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, it was only some months ago they were paying big streamer exclusivity deals. That's a bummer, Mixer was fantastic on a technology level.