• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Do y'all think it's too soon for Hellblade to be announced as July's surprise GamePass game?

It released a few months ago and I think people would be upset for it to come to GP so soon.

I think it would be a great addition to the service though.
Nah, it would be great.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Do y'all think it's too soon for Hellblade to be announced as July's surprise GamePass game?

It released a few months ago and I think people would be upset for it to come to GP so soon.

I think it would be a great addition to the service though.
I don't think it's too soon but I don't think it will be Inside Xbox's surprise game.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft don't have a studio in the south of England anymore though. They mentioned splitting the talent pool and taking it away from Seattle, Rare are in twycross in Leicestershire, ninja theory are Cambridge and playground in leamington spa I think?

Lionhead were in Guildford but they're gone, I don't think splash damage will happen but locale wise ms are bunched in the midlands and have nothing in the south.

Iirc Splash Damage are in Bromley in London, which could be attractive (I'm not going to count lift London as they're not Xbox) as it will a popular location for a lot of people

Tell them to get their arses up to Scotland, Edinburgh and Dundee have major talent pools in both those cities. Plus I could stalk them a bit when I have meetings in either of those cities!

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yes. New Inside Xbox.

Also, I don't think Battletoads is a Fall 2019 title. I would put my money on Spring 2019.
I think July or August. If it was planned for Spring, they wouldn't have shown it at E3 with just a teaser and no gameplay. Because they didn't want to show anything about it, I think it gets another E3 appearance.

For Spring, I would say that's going to be Ori.

Microsoft Studios lineup IMO:
February - Crackdown 3
April - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
May - Gears Tactics
August - Battletoads
October - Gears 5

Can see Age of Empires IV on PC launching in January or February 2020.

To me, a teaser with no gameplay means you're going to see it at another E3 conference. Doubly so if it's not on the show floor. The only games that had E3 gameplay demos were Forza Horizon 4 and Ori, and we saw Crackdown 3 gameplay multiple times and have a date.

If Battletoads was releasing so soon, we would've seen gameplay and it would've been playable. The other games are all releasing after E3 2019.

Last edited:

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I think July or August. If it was planned for Spring, they wouldn't have shown it at E3 with just a teaser and no gameplay. Because they didn't want to show anything about it, I think it gets another E3 appearance.

February - Crackdown 3
May - Gears Tactics
August - Battletoads
October - Gears 5

To me, a teaser with no gameplay means you're going to see it at another E3 conference. Doubly so if it's not on the show floor. The only games that had E3 gameplay demos were Forza Horizon 4 and Ori, and we saw Crackdown 3 gameplay multiple times and have a date.

If Battletoads was releasing so soon, we would've seen gameplay and it would've been playable. The other games are all releasing after E3 2019.

I could get behind that lineup. I don't think there is anything here that I would take too much issue with.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What you thinking? Though in saying that, I am a man of my word so if you want inflict a new avatar on me, I'll take it :)

Ok, I'll honour the previous bet and you'll get that when I have a spare 10 minutes to put Farage's head on a waifu.

I think we'll hear about Infinity next year but it won't be released in 2019. Any particular part of that you disagree with to bet on?

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana

February - Crackdown 3
May - Gears Tactics
August - Battletoads
October - Gears 5

Good, well paced release line-up. But there's quite a large gap between Xbox releases since Gears Tactics is PC only. April to August is a while–enough time for people to unsub.

Edit: I just realized it'll be about four-five months between SoD2 and FH4's releases so I guess bi-monthly releases aren't as important as we think.

Last edited:

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Good, well paced release line-up. But there's quite a large gap between Xbox releases since Gears Tactics is PC only. April to August is a while–enough time for people to unsub.

Edit: I just realized it'll be about four-five months between SoD2 and FH4's releases so I guess bi-monthly releases aren't as important as we think.
Well Sea of Thieves has two big expansions coming out in July and September and State of Decay 2 also has an expansion coming out in I think November.

I think post-content for Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Forza Horizon 4, Forza Motorsport 7 (when it's inebitably added) can be good gap fillers during months when there's no games.

To me it's obvious with Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 that going forward, most Microsoft exclusives will get post-launch support.

Last edited:

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
BattleToads late 2019 sounds good. Going to the actual developer's website of the game. They are still hiring for the development of the game.

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
Is Salty Hippo still active? He should be a little happy now after Microsoft's E3.

I haven't been following gaming news too much the past couple of months, very little time. I did watch all of E3 and was impressed with the studio acquisitions. Lineup on the short and medium term is still terrible but the commitment is obvious. I hope they give those studios all the creative freedom they need instead of ruining them and shutting them down. Terrible track record in that regard so I can't be anything more than very cautiously optmistic.

Oh, and making a Battletoads before a new Banjo is a complete absurd, especially with the 20th anniversary.

Catch y'alls again when I have more time to post.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I'll honour the previous bet and you'll get that when I have a spare 10 minutes to put Farage's head on a waifu.

I think we'll hear about Infinity next year but it won't be released in 2019. Any particular part of that you disagree with to bet on?

Oh Christ.....

And as for Infinity, I agree there's no way that's a 2019 game :(

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
It should redirect you to the Microsoft Store app if you open that on Windows 10.
whNV2kS.png

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there's any chance we get a new MSGP game releasing in 2019 unless Microsoft do another conference this year. 2019 seems set tbh.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Has this been discussed yet guys? Found this article earlier. Sounds pretty cool regarding Japanese devs helping out on Scarlet development.

https://gamerant.com/next-xbox-japanese-games-developers/
i post it yestarday In Xbox and PS5 thread

but...

It's Just Great to see Phil Get some Japanese dev to the ship and make Sure they release their games on next Xbox...

And i think their will be Exclusive games from them

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I just want the Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon franchises back lead by Sakaguchi. Microsoft needs to make a studio in Japan with Sakaguchi at the helm. That would be my dream for first party for Microsoft. >_>

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Why the Netherlands?

This whole thing is so weird...

For testing, it's quite common with mobile games.

Yep! Mobile games do small roll out launches to limited markets to test games in a "live" environment, while still being fairly closed off to large populations of people.

Speaking of the game, they are adding stuff to it still. They added a new large "timed" showcase event last week. It's a shame the core game is fairly boring haha

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yep! Mobile games do small roll out launches to limited markets to test games in a "live" environment, while still being fairly closed off to large populations of people.

Speaking of the game, they are adding stuff to it still. They added a new large "timed" showcase event last week. It's a shame the core game is fairly boring haha
Yep, agree. Everything else is actually pretty good. Graphics, effects, camera work. But the gameplay is really stale.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Tell them to get their arses up to Scotland, Edinburgh and Dundee have major talent pools in both those cities. Plus I could stalk them a bit when I have meetings in either of those cities!
An issue with Edinburgh is Rockstar though. Working on a GTA has to be pretty much every single developers dreams. If you give a developer an option to work for MS or work for Rockstar, 9/10 are gonna pick Rockstar.

No idea about Dundee. But in Edinburgh it just feels like you'll be getting hit with the scraps that Rockstar didn't want, IMO. Not to mention Edinburgh is expensive. You'd probably be better going to somewhere like Glasgow where it's cheaper and literally zero competition that way you can poach the talent that doesn't want to move up to Edinburgh aswell... Plus I would love a good studio nearby that I can peak about :P

However saying all that, I'm clueless when it comes to this sorta thing, so I'm most likely way off and you probably shouldn't listen to me LOL, but that's how I see it from an outsider who knows fuck all.

Edit:
https://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php?location=Scotland

Just found this. Dundee does seem like a good place, a lot of "no namer" devs, I assume they work on mobile games? Definitely seems like a good place to poach talent.

Just noticed Dovetail Games is based in Stirling. That could be a somewhat decent purchase? Looks like they have too many employees but they could be a good studio to work on Flight sim, Screamride, etc. No idea how well their games sell but if they're still alive after all this time with 100+ employees I have to imagine they do pretty well... Could even give them an attempt at a Sim city type game as they're always popular. For guaranteed success give it a minecraft theme, and boom you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Also think it's weird we haven't gotten more info about Age of Empires II and III Definitive yet. Maybe an update at Gamescom(?)...was kind of expecting a little update at the PC E3 show, but nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.